Thread: Local police appplication

Local police appplication

Hi Guys i am new here but a long time gun owner, well heres the question, does anyone have any idea how long a local police dept has to sit on an app before they transmit it to indy for licence. My local Chief has had mine sitting in his office over a week, i just found this out today when i inquired downstate and they said they had not recieved my app yet, they told me to check with local police and tell them to foward it on, but i don't want to come off too pushey. I called him and got voicemail so i left a message, would i be out of line stopping there after i get off work at 3pm and asking about it or asking to speak with him.

I guess it all depends on your expectation of the level of service from a civil servant. My expectation level is pretty low, so I'd wait another month or two before I called down state again to find out what to do, again.

Quote Originally Posted by ray64 View Post
    Hi Guys i am new here but a long time gun owner, well heres the question, does anyone have any idea how long a local police dept has to sit on an app before they transmit it to indy for licence. My local Chief has had mine sitting in his office over a week, i just found this out today when i inquired downstate and they said they had not recieved my app yet, they told me to check with local police and tell them to foward it on, but i don't want to come off too pushey. I called him and got voicemail so i left a message, would i be out of line stopping there after i get off work at 3pm and asking about it or asking to speak with him.
    A clerk should be handling most of it, not the chief. Call every day if you need to. They can't reject your application unless they have a legal reason to do so.

Cool

Just as an update i recieved my LTCH in mail saturday morning 3/29/14 feels good