• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Officer arrests war veteran for criticizing his driving

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
You and I both know that "citizen's arrest" doesn't work out well if the arrested party is a police officer, regardless of how deserving of arrest. Unfortunately, police officers are given more credibility than us mere citizens.
Now, that is by no means an anti-cop attitude. I'm just pointing out this disparity in the courts. A police officer's word should be no more or no less valid than that of a non-badged citizen.

I'm sure you're right about this. My writing what I did was mostly out of disgust of the LEO's actions and his God-syndrome attitude towards his bosses (that means We the People).

since9

Campaign Veteran
I wonder if it would be possible to have it codified into law that LEOs are not immune to being arrested by concerned citizens.

Which state recently reinforced its castle law with legislation saying it doesn't matter whether felon or LEO committed unlawful entry, that castle laws were to be treated by the counts the same?