• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tomorrow is the day!

Castleninja

So I will officially become a nevada resident tomorrow!! I'm looking forward to seein how many people actually open carry daily, coming from ca and obviously seeing no one open carry, and to being able to exercise my right to carry and defend myself and my family (which ca doesn't find important appeareantly). Just figured I would share my excitement. :D

Craftymommy

Welcome:) my husband and I moved here a year ago from So Cal. We just started open carrying last night and so far has been positive for us but time will tell if we encounter any business who decides they do not want us there. It is a totally different life than in California though, the freedom of firearms not to mention the freedom to carry openly or to get a ccw permit!

Castleninja

Welcome:) my husband and I moved here a year ago from So Cal. We just started open carrying last night and so far has been positive for us but time will tell if we encounter any business who decides they do not want us there. It is a totally different life than in California though, the freedom of firearms not to mention the freedom to carry openly or to get a ccw permit!

Oh totally life feels way different! It's wonderful here so far, I am in reno and open carried today with no issue what so ever!

Craftymommy

Oh totally life feels way different! It's wonderful here so far, I am in reno and open carried today with no issue what so ever!

We are in Vegas. Planning on going out again today to walmart and SAMs club. It is great to express our freedom, nothing like California. Not to mention my husband has purchased an AK47 and an AR-15 without needing the bullet button or 10rd limit! Haven't seen anyone OC though since we have been here. Once we saw a guy with a magazine on his belt but didn't see a gun. So probably concealed but all the same that was the only time we have ever seen anything close to open carry. Only downside is the heat, I am not a fan!! I am sure it doesn't get as hot in Reno though.

Castleninja

We are in Vegas. Planning on going out again today to walmart and SAMs club. It is great to express our freedom, nothing like California. Not to mention my husband has purchased an AK47 and an AR-15 without needing the bullet button or 10rd limit! Haven't seen anyone OC though since we have been here. Once we saw a guy with a magazine on his belt but didn't see a gun. So probably concealed but all the same that was the only time we have ever seen anything close to open carry. Only downside is the heat, I am not a fan!! I am sure it doesn't get as hot in Reno though.

Today I saw 2 gentlemen carrying as I was going into a store. And I've seen a couple what appears to be IWB Holster clips. But other than that I haven't seen much either.

Castleninja

Today I saw 2 gentlemen carrying as I was going into a store. And I've seen a couple what appears to be IWB Holster clips. But other than that I haven't seen much either.