• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Roll Call! Looking to gauge interest!

jonjon_jon

Don't have any specific knowledge of any event that Shane may have in the works yet.

BTW - the new name is [highlight]GOMaine![/highlight] (Gun Owners of Maine!) and does embrace/welcome all gun owners - not just those who OC.
Acceptance of this site has been extremely good - new members signing up with great regularity.
http://www.gunownersofmaine.org/

Thanks Grapeshot I stand corrected. I will try to make a point to use GoMaine in the future. Also thanks for the input that GoMaine is also supporting the opencarry crowd. I really wasn't sure what the position was seeing I have stayed away from it for sometime because I didn't feel comfortable in the direction it was going. I do understand though we must do what must be done to win the masses or nothing will be gained.

Grundi

Thank you, Shane, for your efforts...

I will try to make a point to use GoMaine in the future. Also thanks for the input that GoMaine is also supporting the opencarry crowd. I really wasn't sure what the position was seeing I have stayed away from it for sometime because I didn't feel comfortable in the direction it was going.

From their beginning, I thought GOMaine's focus was to stay plugged into the legislative/municipal/legal pulse of activity pertaining to the 2nd Amendment (US) and Article I Section 16 (ME). Whether a law will stand up to constitutional scrutiny or not doesn't stop our legislature or congress from enacting them. Once enacted, someone must be brave enough to break it, then marshal it through the court system until it's found unconstitutional. It's easier to stop a bad law from becoming a law when you have someone like Shane at GOMaine watchdogging what's happening in Augusta and elsewhere, and let everyone know about it.

Not everyone is cut out to do what Shane does, but I'm glad he's doing it. Thank you, Shane.

I do understand though we must do what must be done to win the masses or nothing will be gained.

The sad truth is that this battle to maintain our 2-A/I-16 rights will never be fully won. There will always be opposition trying to put limits on our right or abolish it altogether.

The battle cry "it's the law of the land" only works if it's a law that the opposition agrees with. No higher law in Maine than our Maine Constitution, and no higher law in the US than the US Constitution. And here we are still fighting to keep each and every right.

Last edited: