• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CVG airport police

Status
Not open for further replies.

ps1mhd

CVG (Cincinnati) airport police don't have enough work at the air port as they are doing traffic stops in the surrounding area.
I stopped and video taped one and he called another LEO when the other car arrived he passed off the
stop and came for me.
He called me over two times I didn't move then he came up a small hill where I was.
He then told me to take my hand out of my pocket then started asking questions.
I asked if I was being detained two times no answer. I then told him I did not answer questions.
He told me to leave, I didn't he turned to go back to his car as he did I heard him say "unbelievable".
Yes I did have my 1911 in a thigh holster with two spare mags.
No handcuffs this time so not too bad :lol:
I had two other encounters (on real good the other not so) that I will post in the Ohio section (happened in Cincinnati).

Mike

willy1094

CVG (Cincinnati) airport police don't have enough work at the air port as they are doing traffic stops in the surrounding area.

Just so there is no confusion, Airport PD has jurisdiction in Boone and Kenton counties. That is because the airport is located in Boone but owned/operated by a board in Kenton. They (APD) are actually called upon for help from time to time especially along I275 and other areas surrounding the airport. I wouldn't be shocked AT ALL so seem them stopping someone on 275, 212, Donaldson, etc. It doesn't sound like your "stop" had anything to do with your firearm, unless you left that out. Did he/she even mention it or do you think it was just not noticed? You did what was within your rights, I just didn't catch the firearm connection.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
I stopped and video taped one and he called another LEO when the other car arrived he passed off the
stop and came for me.
He called me over two times I didn't move then he came up a small hill where I was.
He then told me to take my hand out of my pocket then started asking questions.
I asked if I was being detained two times no answer. I then told him I did not answer questions.
He told me to leave, I didn't he turned to go back to his car as he did I heard him say "unbelievable".
No handcuffs this time so not too bad :lol:
I had two other encounters (on real good the other not so) that I will post in the Ohio section (happened in Cincinnati).

Mike
Why did you do the videotaping in the first place?

Fallschirjmäger

At a guess, the weather is not so cold as to require a long coat, or a duster, so perhaps a thigh holster might be quite visible?

ps1mhd, I hope you put your hand back in your pocked after finding out it was a consensual encounter. If Officer Friendly is going to have a 'consensual encounter' with me, he's going to learn that he's not in charge of it. If he wants a conversation that badly, he's just gonna have to put up with me and my "Air Force gloves". If he can't, then as far as I'm concerned we don't need to have a conversation.

"I'm not under arrest, I'm not being detained. If I can't put my hands where I want then I'm not going to be compelled to have a voluntary encounter with you. You get to decide which you'd rather have."

Last edited:

willy1094

Because he can and doesn't need to explain himself to anyone for doing so?

Then what is the point of posting it? As far as I can tell, and OP has not cleared this questions up, this had nothing to do with open carry of a firearm. This post would fit in fine at www.videotape_theman.org (if that is a real website it is totally by chance :p) with not questions needed. It may not be widely understood why anyone would want to randomly video a traffic stop. You are correct, we do not have to understand but then, OP didn't have to post something that probably had nothing to do with OC (OP still has not made that connection)

Status
Not open for further replies.