• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ares Armor and Their Fight with the "The Man".

OC for ME

That and the real point of Ares' argument is that the ATF contends that the lower is molded first then the pocket is filled in. That would mean a completely functional lower is manufactured and then rendered into an 80% lower by reverting it back. ATF believes once a gun always a gun. But in fact EP claims the process is the opposite. The FCG pocket is made first. Then wrapped by polymer to make the lower. The crux here is that the ATF is wrong and they knew it. So by enforcing this inaccurate representation of the manufacturing process, ATF is changing it's position on what constitutes an 80% in contradiction to it's own previously stated position. They messed up and now they are trying to cover their mistake by moving the goal posts. That's what Ares is upset about.
Could it be that the ATF "misstated" when petitioning for a warrant?

mobiushky

Could it be that the ATF "misstated" when petitioning for a warrant?

Intentionally misstated? Darn right. Ares provided the judge with documents proving the method of manufacture when they filed for the TRO. BATFEIEIO filed more misleading docs in the ex parte hearing to void the TRO. Docs that implied ARES was manufacturing functional firearms because some 3rd and completely unrelated company was doing it. It's a con. The BATFEIEIO con'ed the judge in both cases.

DanNabis

Just like they were late to Heller, where the hell are they? Why have they not publicly come to this business side publicly, financially and any way possible to fight this travesty. But 80% lowers are bad for FFL's who give them a large amount of money.

The NRA can't be everywhere. There's only a couple of million members out of hundred of millions of gun owners and many millions more in the public at large.
It's an organization of citizens for a cause who all chip in some funding and some feedback to be somewhat more effective.
The NRA is really lead by its members. If NRA members rally to a cause, the group should support and champion it.
But also they only have a limited quantity of money and they need to budget and focus it where it will most likely succeed and be helpful.
I mean some of the anti rights crowd have unimaginable amounts of money to plop on their personal pet issues. And yet these interested million and billionaires often are the ones playing up that the NRA is monolithic NRA and evil and over powered, but it represents several million people and so it has a better, more tempered respect to its influence on an issue. Which in comparision, the few mega-rich of the antirights movement whom represent such a large amount of the people and money in the issue, its disgusting.

Here a couple of billionaires who throw their weight and considerable millions around are complaining about the unfairness of 4 or 5 million people who put some money in to a group to get their politics better represented and defend their rights.
Hmm..

Alternately, the top guys in the Association make some big bucks, I think I read LaPierre pulls down around 600k a year? I could be mistaken. Could seem a little iffy.. Who am I to judge?

There are also probably hundreds of other vocal rights groups that are more locally/regionally specific and also have a good ability to reach out in these situations and lend support. Having people locally would seem to lend great convenience.

I as an NRA member would want them to help Ares Armor.
But they do rally to so many that I could understand if some slip through.
I think one of the NRA's biggest strengths is in communication. They could print an article in many magazines and get the word out to lots of people which really should help raise awareness and action on the issue.