Thread: visiting Vicksburg and I want to open carry.

visiting Vicksburg and I want to open carry.

I have a trip to Vicksburg coming up. My Sweet Baboo and I carry on a regular basis up here in Washington State, she conceals, I open carry. It is not a problem here very often and we plan to carry in Mississippi when we visit. Our Concealed pistol licenses are compatible.

My question is....will I get a hard time from LEOs? I know open carry is new in MS, I had to conceal while stationed there. Have you Citizens "paved the way" for me or will I be entering dangerous ground? Inquiring minds want to know

105 looks and no comments?

I've never carried in Vicksburg I'm just north in Greenville.

With the passage of HB2 it's a not an issue anymore. You shouldn't have an issue. I open carry in Greenville, my motorcycle vest covers the pistol grip most of the time. I notice when it's uncovered because people look at my right hip more often. No one has said anything. I know when I ride my Harley it's exposed, no issue with MS cops.

Chap
    Kimber Ultra Carry II .45 ACP, 3" barrel 1911 with a Mitch Rosen holster

New additions to the family -
    XDm .45 ACP 02FEB11,
    Ruger LCP .380 05FEB11

I passed through there last August and didn't have a problem - think it was just at the gas station - omw to VA. OC thru LA, MS, AL, TN, KY, WV and VA. Very nice trip no issues - ran into cops at several gas stations and Bojangles w/o incident.
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651