• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is it legal for me to put my open carry ......

911Boss

Gone... Nutty as squirrel **** around here
As someone who has been taking reports of things stolen from lockers at gyms and from vehicles at gym parking lots for 22 years, I can tell you if you leave anything of value in your car or a locker at a gym, it is only a matter of time before you are what we in the biz refer to as "victim".

When I go to the gym my gun, wallet, phone, etc are in a little "man bag" I carry with me and set between my feet while on the equipment. Only thing in the locker is clothing. After having a vehicle break in where they missed the gun, I decided never to leave one in the car agin if there was any other option available.

On another note, while Lynnwood certainly will never be confused with say, White Center or Skyway, it still has plenty of crime. Maybe not murders, but realistically few people are at risk for that given that most (90+%) of murder victims have a relationship with their killer and it is not random.

a little time with google and you will see a fair amount of assaults, robberies, and larcenies (not to mention rapes) happen in the little Mayberry you call Lynnwood. On the bright side, crime there has been trending down over the past eight years or so.

LarryM

I'm reading with not a little bit of amusement on why some CC/OC'ers feel it's their job to "educate" the "public"....:confused:

Screw the "public" - just carry legally and quit being a pariah!....:banghead: