Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will ammo supplys get worse

Will ammo supplys get worse

Things could get a lot tighter

http://www.freerepublic.com/fo...f-news/3134032/posts

PB Clermont Evacuation And Clearing Underway. Ammunition Industry Remains Ominously Silent.
    Bearing Arms ^ | 3-14-14 | Bob Owens

Posted on ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2014‎ ‎11‎:‎38‎:‎23‎ ‎PM by smokingfrog

One week after an explosion at the world’s second largest small arms propellant factory leveled a building, Belgian authorities have evacuated an area 350 meters out from the edges of an “explosion exclusion perimeter.” A French hazardous materials recovery company is now on-site and has tackled the dangerous process of attempting to recover existing propellants and begin the clean-up and evacuation of materials.

PB Clermont SA provides small arms propellant (gunpowder) to most ammunition manufacturers in Europe and many in the United States. Last Friday at about 5:00 PM local time after most workers had gone home for the day, an explosion leveled a key building used to manufacture propellant used for rifle cartridges. Two employees were injured.

The cause of the explosion is still unknown.

Clean-up efforts began yesterday, after the necessary initial investigative work had been completed and the area was saturated with water to help prevent the possibility of a follow-on explosions. The recovery of explosive materials is expected to be completed today.

Sabine Huc, the communications manager at PB Clermont, said that 20 nearby homes were evacuated for the duration of the clean-u
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

And the value of my hoard keeps going up.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    And the value of my hoard keeps going up.

And at what price to you plan to sell?

If you have more then you can use then it only has value if one sells it.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

LOL and now an iinstructor of economics as well as firearms iinstructor. How is the value of my ammo hoard different from my inherited (long gone) ComSat stocks?

If some thing is never sold or used for some purpose does it have any value ?

Quote Originally Posted by Firearms Iinstuctor View Post
    Absolutely not...but keep in mind, most people in the modern world are so used to a fiat currency system, that such logic will often be lost on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallowmere View Post
    Absolutely not...but keep in mind, most people in the modern world are so used to a fiat currency system, that such logic will often be lost on them.
    I would agree.

To sell is to incur a loss, to TRADE is to break even

If you sell for cash, you lose value as the value of a dollar drops due to "healthy inflation" (), trade for items of worth would let you get your full value in return.
    I don't necessarily begrudge those who have gathered a nice stockpile over the years, I just begrudge the fact that due to temporal whims, I was born very late in the game and have to deal with all the infringements and scarcity (believe me, the i-stuff and other gadgets don't make up for it).

Someone on another thread already called several imported ammo manufacturers, and the myth of some sort of embargo from Russia and other comm-block ammo suppliers appears to be just that: a myth.
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

Banned
    Sentimental I guess ... if never sold or used ...

[QUOTE=Rusty Young Man;2044730]If you sell for cash, you lose value as the value of a dollar drops due to "healthy inflation" (), trade for items of worth would let you get your full value in return.

QUOTE]

If one has debt and pays if off in inflated dollars one if ahead of the game.

It will if John Q spender decides the world will fall from the situation. Really around here, only thing I don't see on a regular bases is, 9mm. Go figure, the one caliber everyone claims you'll find no matter what situation.

Just make me glad I invested in my reloading/smelting equipment.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Smelting is production from ore involving melting.

I stand corrected. Though I think you got the gist of what I was trying to say.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

quote RYM: If you sell for cash...unquote

we are talking about ammo here, right?

ipse
    Last edited by solus; 03-17-2014 at 07:54 PM.
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

and those friendly to our local gun stores and such are showing up extremely early (0530) at those places (opening at 0900) which still sell ammo for a reasonable price so they can purchase all there is so they can sell it to the gun stores at a small profit.

our local gun stores are proud of their booty and are selling a box of 100 CCI 22s for $22.95 and a box of 100 9mms for $49.95.

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Who do they make powder for?
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

If it was in Belgium, my guess is Ramshot, so that could be Accurate, too.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Value is subjective.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Value is subjective.
    Things have two values, intrinsic value that might be characterized as subjective, and objective extrinsic value.

Things have two values, intrinsic value that might be characterized as subjective, and objective extrinsic value.
    How Platonic.

Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    How Platonic.
    LOL How Marxian.

I'm struggling through Popper on Marx's economics ATM - while on vacation, bicycle riding in Florida - and what a drag, but almost over. He has just (~page 380 of the single volume edition) addressed the labor reserve 'army', that I realized has been disenfranchised by its lack of technical competence.

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    [The President] issued one of his "edicts" (exec. orders) and banned importation of Russian ammo...
    Some have reasoned that it could affect Russian ammo if interpreted in a certain way.

Or maybe I am reading a different executive order than you are.

Can you cite the one to which you are referring?
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Short answer: probably.
    Short explanation: people will panic-buy, and sellers will likely raise prices to accommodate, causing a self-fulfilling prophesy again.

Longer answer: wouldn't happen if people didn't panic-buy.
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Young Man View Post
    Short answer: probably.
    Short explanation: people will panic-buy, and sellers will likely raise prices to accommodate, causing a self-fulfilling prophesy again.

Longer answer: wouldn't happen if people didn't panic-buy.
    Wait, is there another panic already? Over what this time?

Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    Wait, is there another panic already? Over what this time?
    Over worsening ammo supplies and prices.

Look at it a bit differently than the cost per round or box of ammo; think of it as rounds per dollar and watch the inflation grow. Similarly for fuel. Some of us may remember 25¢/gallon fuel, now its 1/4 gallon per dollar.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast