• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Will ammo supplys get worse

Firearms Iinstuctor

Things could get a lot tighter

http://www.freerepublic.com/fo...f-news/3134032/posts

PB Clermont Evacuation And Clearing Underway. Ammunition Industry Remains Ominously Silent.
Bearing Arms ^ | 3-14-14 | Bob Owens

Posted on ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2014‎ ‎11‎:‎38‎:‎23‎ ‎PM by smokingfrog

One week after an explosion at the world’s second largest small arms propellant factory leveled a building, Belgian authorities have evacuated an area 350 meters out from the edges of an “explosion exclusion perimeter.” A French hazardous materials recovery company is now on-site and has tackled the dangerous process of attempting to recover existing propellants and begin the clean-up and evacuation of materials.

PB Clermont SA provides small arms propellant (gunpowder) to most ammunition manufacturers in Europe and many in the United States. Last Friday at about 5:00 PM local time after most workers had gone home for the day, an explosion leveled a key building used to manufacture propellant used for rifle cartridges. Two employees were injured.

The cause of the explosion is still unknown.

Clean-up efforts began yesterday, after the necessary initial investigative work had been completed and the area was saturated with water to help prevent the possibility of a follow-on explosions. The recovery of explosive materials is expected to be completed today.

Sabine Huc, the communications manager at PB Clermont, said that 20 nearby homes were evacuated for the duration of the clean-u

Rusty Young Man

To sell is to incur a loss, to TRADE is to break even

If you sell for cash, you lose value as the value of a dollar drops due to "healthy inflation" :)rolleyes:), trade for items of worth would let you get your full value in return.
I don't necessarily begrudge those who have gathered a nice stockpile over the years, I just begrudge the fact that due to temporal whims, I was born very late in the game and have to deal with all the infringements and scarcity (believe me, the i-stuff and other gadgets don't make up for it:().

Someone on another thread already called several imported ammo manufacturers, and the myth of some sort of embargo from Russia and other comm-block ammo suppliers appears to be just that: a myth.

mpguy

It will if John Q spender decides the world will fall from the situation. Really around here, only thing I don't see on a regular bases is, 9mm. Go figure, the one caliber everyone claims you'll find no matter what situation.

Just make me glad I invested in my reloading/smelting equipment.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

mpguy

I stand corrected. Though I think you got the gist of what I was trying to say. :cool:

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

solus

and those friendly to our local gun stores and such are showing up extremely early (0530) at those places (opening at 0900) which still sell ammo for a reasonable price so they can purchase all there is so they can sell it to the gun stores at a small profit.

our local gun stores are proud of their booty and are selling a box of 100 CCI 22s for $22.95 and a box of 100 9mms for $49.95.

ipse

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
If it was in Belgium, my guess is Ramshot, so that could be Accurate, too.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
[The President] issued one of his "edicts" (exec. orders) and banned importation of Russian ammo...

Some have reasoned that it could affect Russian ammo if interpreted in a certain way.

Or maybe I am reading a different executive order than you are.

Can you cite the one to which you are referring?

Rusty Young Man

Short answer: probably.
Short explanation: people will panic-buy, and sellers will likely raise prices to accommodate, causing a self-fulfilling prophesy again.

Longer answer: wouldn't happen if people didn't panic-buy.

Roverhound

Wait, is there another panic already? Over what this time?
Just for the sake of panicing. Or is it people are stupid, or maybe "I heard from my friend's uncle' brother in law who got an email translated from Portuguese or maybe French that Obama was going to stop all Russian and Nigerian ammunition from coming in the country. I also heard he is going to ban tinfoil so the NSA will be able to read our minds!"