Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 30

Thread: Bill Polster MWAG *** open carrying holstered pistol in Germantown

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,152

    Bill Polster MWAG *** open carrying holstered pistol in Germantown

    The chief added: "What is the purpose of slinging a long gun over your shoulder and walking down Mequon Rd. The purpose is to test and record a police response, post it on YouTube, to get attention, and to cause fear with those who are not comfortable with guns."

    http://www.jrn.com/tmj4/news/Man-in-...250544371.html

    http://www.jsonline.com/news/ozwash/...250594211.html

    VIDEO

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCaOQPUYtLM

    GeeZeus! Don't miss the hoplophobic comments.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 05-08-2014 at 11:25 PM. Reason: Removed "arrested" from title.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  2. #2
    Regular Member markush's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Kenosha
    Posts
    175
    Bill Polster MWAG arrested open carrying holstered pistol in Germanton

    Where did i miss the part where he was "arrested"?

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,152
    Quote Originally Posted by markush View Post
    [ ... ]Where did i miss the part where he was "arrested"?
    Probably the legal definition of arrest, often discussed in the larger forum away from the parochial Wisconsin sub-forum.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Nice video of the ground lol ... I assume he was using it as a audio device recorder at that time.

    Don't see anything there really.

  5. #5
    Regular Member cirrusly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    North Dakota
    Posts
    331
    The officers were respectful, and the response was appropriate, as it was merely conversational. No detainment or illusion of detainment or arrest. Also, the 911 dispatcher handled the uneducated callers well, explaining that "open carry" was within this citizen's right. Kudos to Germantown police.

    The video title is blatantly incorrect. There was no arrest or even an illusion of an arrest. Law enforcement merely asking a voluntary conversational question is not an arrest.
    Last edited by cirrusly; 03-17-2014 at 10:49 PM. Reason: Typo
    I want to keep our founding fathers' visions and rights for this country pure. I implore you to do the same.

  6. #6
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,272
    The Good Chief recited the obvious. No hoplophobic comments as far as I am concerned.

    The goal is to not have cops make contact for lawful behavior and the Good Chief gave what he considers good advice, I agree. The cops should drive by just to "show" that the calls were "taken seriously", drive up next to him and conversed from inside the cruiser. Similar to the WA cop outside the DHS jail.

    The Good Chief does not appear to be a anti-gun LEO in my view.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

    "Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Ellsworth Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,213
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky View Post
    FINALLY you have provided useful info after all the years of giving us grief with your troll characters.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Ellsworth Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,213
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    The Good Chief recited the obvious. No hoplophobic comments as far as I am concerned.

    The goal is to not have cops make contact for lawful behavior and the Good Chief gave what he considers good advice, I agree. The cops should drive by just to "show" that the calls were "taken seriously", drive up next to him and conversed from inside the cruiser. Similar to the WA cop outside the DHS jail.

    The Good Chief does not appear to be a anti-gun LEO in my view.
    However now you have to let him know when you OC. Now I don't know how many of you live out there in his area. You all will have to call him when OCing LGs.

  9. #9
    Founder's Club Member protias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    SE, WI
    Posts
    7,318
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky View Post
    So we are supposed to call the police before we carry? Gee, where did I hear that before?...
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

    If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

    I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

  10. #10
    Regular Member wimwag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Doug
    Posts
    1,118
    Quote Originally Posted by chowda View Post
    You are interfering with the drama queens and their constant quest for attention. They are valiantly walking around safe, white areas as the true heroes they are......
    Arent you the one who says he stays in "white" areas because they're safer? And you're on OCDO, soooo....

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Northern Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    69
    Spot on Chowda. In my opinion, I would prefer he stops trying to "represent" me, because quite frankly, he's starting make us all look bad. Does he have the right to do this... well, absolutely. But that doesn't make him some kind of hero for trying to get a response from LEOs to out on this forum and in the news. This kind of publicity we do not need.

    In my neck of the woods no one even looks twice at someone toting a pistol. But strap an AR or pistol grip shotgun on you a$$ and everyone will look and wonder what the heck you're doing. We have a good shot at getting more liberal gun laws in the future, but alienate the people on the fence and that will never happen.

    Refresh me... isn't this the same person that had the Mc Crappy run in?

  12. #12
    Accomplished Advocate BB62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    3,887
    And you're on OCDO, soooo....
    Quote Originally Posted by chowda View Post
    ...i'm not in the clique, so i don't know what that means. open carry domestic operations? duty officer?...
    OCDO: OpenCarry(Dot)Org

  13. #13
    Regular Member wimwag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Doug
    Posts
    1,118
    Quote Originally Posted by BB62 View Post
    OCDO: OpenCarry(Dot)Org
    ignore him. He has to type the address into the address bar to troll here.

  14. #14
    Regular Member wimwag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Doug
    Posts
    1,118
    You would know.






  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    here
    Posts
    266
    wow, the logic on this board's moderators are truly liberal/progressive. this board isn't about long gun carry....yet they post stories about a guy that goes out on his personal pr stunts for himself using long guns as his props, and he gets a lot of press here.
    yet threads, posts disappear because it's not about long gun oc?

    did i just land at the soros thinkprogress or democrat underground websites or something?

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    here
    Posts
    266
    Quote Originally Posted by wimwag View Post
    You would know.
    um, you don't appear to be too knowledgeable about technology, so i'll help you.
    each account here has an isp number.
    if two accounts are using the same ip number, then clearly that is the same person using both accounts.
    assuming there is a prohibition of multiple accounts here, the mod will see that and delete both accounts.

    you're welcome.
    Last edited by chowda; 05-19-2014 at 09:39 AM.

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    here
    Posts
    266
    Quote Originally Posted by duckdog View Post
    Spot on Chowda. In my opinion, I would prefer he stops trying to "represent" me, because quite frankly, he's starting make us all look bad. Does he have the right to do this... well, absolutely. But--
    be careful as your posts will get deleted, subjects deleted if you aren't part of his fan club clique.

    wonder if this post will be deleted also. thinkprogress/democrat underground has nothing on this boards 'not correct' in thought censorship.

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    here
    Posts
    266
    Quote Originally Posted by wimwag View Post
    Arent you the one who says he stays in "white" areas because they're safer?
    apparently i am not allowed to answer that.

    thinkprogress@opencarry.org ? democratunderground@opencarry.org? organizingforamerica@opencarry.org?

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    here
    Posts
    266
    Quote Originally Posted by BB62 View Post
    OCDO: OpenCarry(Dot)Org
    thanks. as i'm not part of the small clique, this post may also get deleted, but hopefully you'll see this before it also gets deleted.

    seems a lot like momsagainstguns@opencarry.org here.

  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    popple butte
    Posts
    349
    Quote Originally Posted by chowda View Post
    um, you don't appear to be too knowledgeable about technology, so i'll help you.
    each account here has an isp number.
    if two accounts are using the same ip number, then clearly that is the same person using both accounts.
    assuming there is a prohibition of multiple accounts here, the mod will see that and delete both accounts.

    you're welcome.
    Exactamoondoe.

  21. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    popple butte
    Posts
    349
    Quote Originally Posted by chowda View Post
    be careful as your posts will get deleted, subjects deleted if you aren't part of his fan club clique.

    wonder if this post will be deleted also. thinkprogress/democrat underground has nothing on this boards 'not correct' in thought censorship.
    I Sandisk everything on the Wisconsin forum constantly and very little gets magically poofed before its in my creel.

  22. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    here
    Posts
    266
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky View Post
    I Sandisk everything on the Wisconsin forum constantly
    why do you do that? i think part of the problem is people get into little cliques, then play survival island games.
    i think you're putting way too much into this if you're doing that as this is just a board with a bunch of internet accounts. granted, there are a few buffoons that grab their shotguns and AKs and run to where ever they think there's going to be a camera, or troll for a camera/police attention, but still, this is just an internet board. might want to back up a little and depersonalize things.

  23. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    popple butte
    Posts
    349
    Quote Originally Posted by chowda View Post
    why do you do that? i think part of the problem is people get into little cliques, then play survival island games.
    i think you're putting way too much into this if you're doing that as this is just a board with a bunch of internet accounts. granted, there are a few buffoons that grab their shotguns and AKs and run to where ever they think there's going to be a camera, or troll for a camera/police attention, but still, this is just an internet board. might want to back up a little and depersonalize things.
    You are right but

  24. #24
    Regular Member wimwag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Doug
    Posts
    1,118
    I have yet to see anything but name calling get deleted. I am not in any clique. I probably get on grapeshot's nerves just as much or more than anyone else.

  25. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    here
    Posts
    266
    Quote Originally Posted by wimwag View Post
    I have yet to see anything but name calling get deleted.
    well, there are 5 deletes on this thread alone and the one of mine that grapeshot contained no name calling i know of.
    i was answering the question as to me moving to a white area. i was careful about how i answered it as there are a legion of people out there waiting to be offended at a word or deemed thought crime.

    on the bright side, i found out they caught the people that murdered one of my friends. that makes for a good day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •