• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Village inn in Greeley...

jdmccay

So they just opened up a village inn on centerplace in Greeley (right next to target). The VI is my absolute favorite restaurant, so I've been waiting anxiously for them to open for weeks.

Unfortunately, the first thing I see upon entering is a no guns allowed on premises sign.

I happened to be concealing at the time, so when I walked in they seemed happy to see me. They said I was only their 4th customer.

I said, "well, I would have been, but I noticed your no guns sign. I respect your property rights, and I'll be back when it's taken down." They said they'd discuss whether or not they wanted to keep the sign, and that I should keep checking back later.

TL;DR New village inn in Greeley by target has a no guns allowed sign. Be sure to stop by to let them know Weld County likes their guns (hell we almost seceded over them), more than we like pie.

F350

Must just be that location (does VI do franchises?) There are 2 here in Grand Junction and I have been in both multiple times OCing and have even gotten a positive comment from one manager.

jdmccay

She said it the sign was leftover from the business in that building before, and that they just decided to leave it up

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Dario

So they just opened up a village inn on centerplace in Greeley (right next to target). The VI is my absolute favorite restaurant, so I've been waiting anxiously for them to open for weeks.

Unfortunately, the first thing I see upon entering is a no guns allowed on premises sign.

I happened to be concealing at the time, so when I walked in they seemed happy to see me. They said I was only their 4th customer.

I said, "well, I would have been, but I noticed your no guns sign. I respect your property rights, and I'll be back when it's taken down." They said they'd discuss whether or not they wanted to keep the sign, and that I should keep checking back later.

TL;DR New village inn in Greeley by target has a no guns allowed sign. Be sure to stop by to let them know Weld County likes their guns (hell we almost seceded over them), more than we like pie.

It takes serious conviction to stand for anything over Pie!

I tip my hat to you sir.

Last edited:

jdmccay

Haha it wasn't easy. I really wanted some pie. Hopefully they'll take the sign down soon...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

eBratt

Nice to see someone else in Greeley on here. I've only ever run into one other person (at a Lowe's) who was OCing in the years I've been here.

I'll have to stop in to the VI and add my two cents as well. Hopefully, they'll soon get the message.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk