Thread: Why you need a gun even at home

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Why you need a gun even at home

Midlothian man killed in home invasion.

http://www.nbc12.com/story/24993273/...-home-invasion
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Midlothian home owner killed in invasion of his home might be more informative.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Midlothian home owner killed in invasion of his home might be more informative.
    Don't know that he was the home owner nor that he wasn't contributory in some fashion - only know that he was shot and killed.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

"An intruder shot and killed a man in his Midlothian home overnight, according to Chesterfield Police." First graph.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Doesn't sound like a typical random act though.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

Quote Originally Posted by JesterP99 View Post
    Doesn't sound like a typical random act though.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4
    Noon news stated that Chesterfield police are investigating and do not believe it was a random act.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    Noon news stated that Chesterfield police are investigating and do not believe it was a random act.
    That's the first thing I thought as well, even given what little information the public has to go on. Something about this just doesn't smell right. I'm interested to see any details released in the future.

Darn lazy media can't even make it clear if the victim was the lessee or the mortgagee and that is apparently important to some.

Perhaps one of the siblings will be able to help determine if this was in fact an invasion or an inside job/domestic dispute. 3:00 am on a cold, snowy, windy night is an atypical time for BGs to be out and about plying their trade.

No knee jerk reaction on this home story from this corner of Chesterfield.

Banned
    I wonder if he got an attny .. and if his insurance company paid for it

Banned
    Damn.

I'm glad I live in Maine where these occurrences happen much less.

Myself and my brother carry ALL the time, although he's working on getting his CCW.

I worry about some of my siblings tho. One of my sisters live in downtown Tampa (FL) and I have been practically BEGGING her to get hers. She ALWAYS says she wants to, but never actually does it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Darn lazy media can't even make it clear if the victim was the lessee or the mortgagee and that is apparently important to some.

Perhaps one of the siblings will be able to help determine if this was in fact an invasion or an inside job/domestic dispute. 3:00 am on a cold, snowy, windy night is an atypical time for BGs to be out and about plying their trade.

No knee jerk reaction on this home story from this corner of Chesterfield.
    See here for more important details:

Man fatally shot in bed during Chesterfield home invasion -Chesterfield police say intruder also fired at brother of victim
    A Chesterfield County man from Afghanistan who was weeks away from marrying his Afghan sweetheart was fatally shot in his bed early Monday by an intruder who slipped into the family’s home. The victim’s older brother also was fired on.

Killed was Farzad Sultani, 27, who was ambushed while sleeping in a home he shared with two brothers, a sister and one brother’s wife in the 12500 block of Little Pond Lane in Midlothian, police and friends said.

After shooting Sultani in the eye and throat, the intruder was “still walking around and trying to open the other doors,” the victim’s close friend said.

Chesterfield police Capt. Brad Badgerow said that at some point during the encounter, the intruder may have attempted to get into more than one room.

The gunman finally fled after Sultani’s older brother, after being fired on, first grabbed his shotgun and then a handgun, the friend said.

“We think that this was beyond a normal breaking and entering, where somebody is going to go in to steal something,” Badgerow said. “We feel the home was targeted, and we’re still trying to figure out what that motivation was.”
    Seems the intruder had a purpose. Mass murder. What if the brother had no arms to bear, then what?

Why you need a gun even at home

Because 100% of home invasions and home burglaries occur at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Repeater View Post
    See here for more important details:

snip.

Seems the intruder had a purpose. Mass murder. What if the brother had no arms to bear, then what?
    Seems like a possible honor killing.... I'd check to see if the man's fiance' is still around.

I'd have said, "especially at home" - do you realize that actual statistics prove that nearly one hundred percent of all home-invasions occur within someone's place of residence?
    Daniel L. Hawes - 540 347 2430 - HTTP://www.VirginiaLegalDefense.com

By the way, nothing I say on this website as "user" should be taken as either advertising for attorney services or legal advice, merely personal opinion. Everyone having a question regarding the application of law to the facts of their situation should seek the advice of an attorney competent in the subject matter of the issues presented and licensed to practice in the relevant state.

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by user View Post
    I'd have said, "especially at home" - do you realize that actual statistics prove that nearly one hundred percent of all home-invasions occur within someone's place of residence?

WOW, you may have hit on something here. And I appreciate it!
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Quote Originally Posted by user View Post
    While staffing the VCDL table at the Hampton Gun Show this past weekend, I met a lady who said she was a former probation officer. As we talked, she posed the question (riddle?) "Why do I need a gun?" Her reply, "Because those who shouldn't have them already do.".
    A law-abiding citizen should be able to carry his personal protection firearm anywhere that an armed criminal might go.

Member VCDL, NRA