• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Why you need a gun even at home

Gallowmere

Noon news stated that Chesterfield police are investigating and do not believe it was a random act.

That's the first thing I thought as well, even given what little information the public has to go on. Something about this just doesn't smell right. I'm interested to see any details released in the future.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Darn lazy media can't even make it clear if the victim was the lessee or the mortgagee and that is apparently important to some.

Perhaps one of the siblings will be able to help determine if this was in fact an invasion or an inside job/domestic dispute. 3:00 am on a cold, snowy, windy night is an atypical time for BGs to be out and about plying their trade.

No knee jerk reaction on this home story from this corner of Chesterfield.

ToMang07

Banned
Damn.

I'm glad I live in Maine where these occurrences happen much less.

Myself and my brother carry ALL the time, although he's working on getting his CCW.

I worry about some of my siblings tho. One of my sisters live in downtown Tampa (FL) and I have been practically BEGGING her to get hers. She ALWAYS says she wants to, but never actually does it.

Repeater

Darn lazy media can't even make it clear if the victim was the lessee or the mortgagee and that is apparently important to some.

Perhaps one of the siblings will be able to help determine if this was in fact an invasion or an inside job/domestic dispute. 3:00 am on a cold, snowy, windy night is an atypical time for BGs to be out and about plying their trade.

No knee jerk reaction on this home story from this corner of Chesterfield.

See here for more important details:

Man fatally shot in bed during Chesterfield home invasion -Chesterfield police say intruder also fired at brother of victim
A Chesterfield County man from Afghanistan who was weeks away from marrying his Afghan sweetheart was fatally shot in his bed early Monday by an intruder who slipped into the family’s home. The victim’s older brother also was fired on.

Killed was Farzad Sultani, 27, who was ambushed while sleeping in a home he shared with two brothers, a sister and one brother’s wife in the 12500 block of Little Pond Lane in Midlothian, police and friends said.

After shooting Sultani in the eye and throat, the intruder was “still walking around and trying to open the other doors,” the victim’s close friend said.

Chesterfield police Capt. Brad Badgerow said that at some point during the encounter, the intruder may have attempted to get into more than one room.

The gunman finally fled after Sultani’s older brother, after being fired on, first grabbed his shotgun and then a handgun, the friend said.

“We think that this was beyond a normal breaking and entering, where somebody is going to go in to steal something,” Badgerow said. “We feel the home was targeted, and we’re still trying to figure out what that motivation was.”

Seems the intruder had a purpose. Mass murder. What if the brother had no arms to bear, then what?

XD40sc

Why you need a gun even at home

Because 100% of home invasions and home burglaries occur at home.

user

Accomplished Advocate
I'd have said, "especially at home" - do you realize that actual statistics prove that nearly one hundred percent of all home-invasions occur within someone's place of residence?

2a4all

I'd have said, "especially at home" - do you realize that actual statistics prove that nearly one hundred percent of all home-invasions occur within someone's place of residence?
While staffing the VCDL table at the Hampton Gun Show this past weekend, I met a lady who said she was a former probation officer. As we talked, she posed the question (riddle?) "Why do I need a gun?" Her reply, "Because those who shouldn't have them already do.".:banana: