Thread: Alien Gear Holsters

Banned

Alien Gear Holsters

Anyone have one?

Like it? How long have you had it? Any issues?

They appear to be pretty much clones of Crossbreed.....I really need a new holster and thinking about one of these.

http://aliengearholsters.com/index.php/search-by-gun

Haven't heard much about them but I have heard nothing but spectacular reviews for n82 tactical www.n82tactical.com

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Castleninja View Post
    Haven't heard much about them but I have heard nothing but spectacular reviews for n82 tactical www.n82tactical.com
    Thanks for the link, but I prefer the Crossbreed style more. I like the Crossbreed ones, but the Alien Gear is 1/2 the price, and still Made in the USA.

If you have aftermarket sights that are taller than the factory sights you may run into a problem as Alien Gear does not put a sight channel in their kydex. Someone I know over on another forum ran into that with his (I think) TruGlo TFOs.
    Christian, Husband, Father
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Anything I post in these forums is my personal opinion formed by my own interpretation of the topic.
    IANAL and anything I say is not intended to be nor should it be taken as legal advice.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JustaShooter View Post
    If you have aftermarket sights that are taller than the factory sights you may run into a problem as Alien Gear does not put a sight channel in their kydex. Someone I know over on another forum ran into that with his (I think) TruGlo TFOs.
    That is definitely good to know. At this point the gun I need one for is 100% stock, so it's a non-issue, but I will certainly keep that in mind, thanks!

I have one and I love it. It is my first IWB holster and the first time I was wearing it the wife did not know I was carrying a weapon
    A gun Owner Is A Citizen
    Anyone Else is a Subject

Quote Originally Posted by ToMang07 View Post
    Anyone have one?

They appear to be pretty much clones of Crossbreed.....I really need a new holster and thinking about one of these.

ive got a alien gear and a foxx.

i like the AG better than foxx. it has a better kydex shell. also the fact that i can swap shells ad my EDC changes is awesome. they are also covered by a lifetime warranty. for $36 and change with shipping its a hell of a deal. took me about 2-3 weeks to recieve mine. ive had it now for close to 1-2 weeks. i have used it daily and its a great IWB holster.

Last edited by SD40VE; 03-18-2014 at 09:57 AM.

Banned
    Glad to see some positive reviews! Thanks fellas!

Glad to see some positive reviews! Thanks fellas!
    everyone i have spoken to about these have nothing but good replies. they seem to be very good for the price and their customer service once you recieve is one of the best in business. try getting another hybriud maker to swap kydex shells as your carry weapon changes. they cant because most rivet them in. these get screwed in. its a hell of a holster i love mine and wont be getting rid of it any time soon

Anyone have one?

First of all, you can't beat the price. Second, it is an outstanding holster and extremely comfortable. I have had mine since august and wear it every day...I hardly even know its there sometimes. The leather is thicker so it forms really well after about a week of wearing it and the part about being able to switch the kydex to another one for free ..for life. That's pretty cool. I know a few people are worried about there gun getting scratched...after 7 months of using this, mine has 0 scratches from the holster. A few from my own stupidity though. :P.

I hope this helps you...I was really skeptical about getting one and I am so glad I did. I recommend them to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Barker View Post
    First of all, you can't beat the price. Second, it is an outstanding holster and extremely comfortable. I have had mine since august and wear it every day...I hardly even know its there sometimes. The leather is thicker so it forms really well after about a week of wearing it and the part about being able to switch the kydex to another one for free ..for life. That's pretty cool. I know a few people are worried about there gun getting scratched...after 7 months of using this, mine has 0 scratches from the holster. A few from my own stupidity though. :P.

I hope this helps you...I was really skeptical about getting one and I am so glad I did. I recommend them to everyone.
    im going to be doing some duracoating this weekend on my SD40VE. slides going to be zombio green with trigger, mag release button and slide catch being green as well plus the mag base plates. duracoat says 30 days no "close fitting" holsters to prevent damage to the coating. guess ill have to kick the dust off the serpa for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by SD40VE View Post
    im going to be doing some duracoating this weekend on my SD40VE. slides going to be zombio green with trigger, mag release button and slide catch being green as well plus the mag base plates. duracoat says 30 days no "close fitting" holsters to prevent damage to the coating. guess ill have to kick the dust off the serpa for a bit.
    Nice. Youll have to post that up so we can see it.

Nice. Youll have to post that up so we can see it.
    you guys, the smith & wesson forums, moc, mgo lol everyone wants pictures. guess ill take some through out the process and show how easy it really it is. just the amount of prep work sucks

Quote Originally Posted by SD40VE View Post
    you guys, the smith & wesson forums, moc, mgo lol everyone wants pictures. guess ill take some through out the process and show how easy it really it is. just the amount of prep work sucks
    I think its cool to see how different people do there work and how it turns out.

I think its cool to see how different people do there work and how it turns out.
    i made a topic in the same forum here with a pic of the turnout