• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Alien Gear Holsters

JustaShooter

If you have aftermarket sights that are taller than the factory sights you may run into a problem as Alien Gear does not put a sight channel in their kydex. Someone I know over on another forum ran into that with his (I think) TruGlo TFOs.

ToMang07

Banned
If you have aftermarket sights that are taller than the factory sights you may run into a problem as Alien Gear does not put a sight channel in their kydex. Someone I know over on another forum ran into that with his (I think) TruGlo TFOs.

That is definitely good to know. At this point the gun I need one for is 100% stock, so it's a non-issue, but I will certainly keep that in mind, thanks!

RogueWarrior

I have one and I love it. It is my first IWB holster and the first time I was wearing it the wife did not know I was carrying a weapon

SD40VE

Anyone have one?

Like it? How long have you had it? Any issues?

They appear to be pretty much clones of Crossbreed.....I really need a new holster and thinking about one of these.

http://aliengearholsters.com/index.php/search-by-gun

ive got a alien gear and a foxx.

i like the AG better than foxx. it has a better kydex shell. also the fact that i can swap shells ad my EDC changes is awesome. they are also covered by a lifetime warranty. for $36 and change with shipping its a hell of a deal. took me about 2-3 weeks to recieve mine. ive had it now for close to 1-2 weeks. i have used it daily and its a great IWB holster.

y7ytazyz.jpg

juhu6e8u.jpg

uqe2asy9.jpg

a2usu7e9.jpg

Last edited:

SD40VE

Glad to see some positive reviews! Thanks fellas!

everyone i have spoken to about these have nothing but good replies. they seem to be very good for the price and their customer service once you recieve is one of the best in business. try getting another hybriud maker to swap kydex shells as your carry weapon changes. they cant because most rivet them in. these get screwed in. its a hell of a holster i love mine and wont be getting rid of it any time soon

Barker

Anyone have one?

Like it? How long have you had it? Any issues?

They appear to be pretty much clones of Crossbreed.....I really need a new holster and thinking about one of these.

http://aliengearholsters.com/index.php/search-by-gun

First of all, you can't beat the price. Second, it is an outstanding holster and extremely comfortable. I have had mine since august and wear it every day...I hardly even know its there sometimes. The leather is thicker so it forms really well after about a week of wearing it and the part about being able to switch the kydex to another one for free ..for life. That's pretty cool. I know a few people are worried about there gun getting scratched...after 7 months of using this, mine has 0 scratches from the holster. A few from my own stupidity though. :p.

I hope this helps you...I was really skeptical about getting one and I am so glad I did. I recommend them to everyone.

SD40VE

First of all, you can't beat the price. Second, it is an outstanding holster and extremely comfortable. I have had mine since august and wear it every day...I hardly even know its there sometimes. The leather is thicker so it forms really well after about a week of wearing it and the part about being able to switch the kydex to another one for free ..for life. That's pretty cool. I know a few people are worried about there gun getting scratched...after 7 months of using this, mine has 0 scratches from the holster. A few from my own stupidity though. :p.

I hope this helps you...I was really skeptical about getting one and I am so glad I did. I recommend them to everyone.

im going to be doing some duracoating this weekend on my SD40VE. slides going to be zombio green with trigger, mag release button and slide catch being green as well plus the mag base plates. duracoat says 30 days no "close fitting" holsters to prevent damage to the coating. guess ill have to kick the dust off the serpa for a bit.

Barker

im going to be doing some duracoating this weekend on my SD40VE. slides going to be zombio green with trigger, mag release button and slide catch being green as well plus the mag base plates. duracoat says 30 days no "close fitting" holsters to prevent damage to the coating. guess ill have to kick the dust off the serpa for a bit.

Nice. Youll have to post that up so we can see it.

Barker

you guys, the smith & wesson forums, moc, mgo lol everyone wants pictures. guess ill take some through out the process and show how easy it really it is. just the amount of prep work sucks :(

I think its cool to see how different people do there work and how it turns out.