Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 93

Thread: McCrappy OC experience

  1. #1
    Regular Member wimwag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Doug
    Posts
    1,118

    McCrappy OC experience

    Went to McDonalds the other day and ordered food. Some old fart says "oh and he's got a gun too! Are you the Sheriff?". I asked if he always blurts out the second thing he thinks about people. He walked around the dining area bitching about how "things are changing and not for the better" to a bunch of high school girls and enlisted two to take pictures of me and my license plates.. So I smiled and posed for the camera, pointing to my hip. A few 911 calls were made, with the callers speaking as loudly as they could. Sat in my car in the parking lot with the gun on the seat next to me and enjoyed my McDouble. Cops never showed, old fart drove away in his vehicle which had expired tags on Minnesota plates. Figures..

    Oh and my town has just had two armed robberies in two weeks. Tis why I carry.



    Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Not wasting my time here.
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by wimwag View Post
    Went to McDonalds the other day and ordered food. Some old fart says "oh and he's got a gun too! Are you the Sheriff?". I asked if he always blurts out the second thing he thinks about people. He walked around the dining area bitching about how "things are changing and not for the better" to a bunch of high school girls and enlisted two to take pictures of me and my license plates.. So I smiled and posed for the camera, pointing to my hip. A few 911 calls were made, with the callers speaking as loudly as they could. Sat in my car in the parking lot with the gun on the seat next to me and enjoyed my McDouble. Cops never showed, old fart drove away in his vehicle which had expired tags on Minnesota plates. Figures..

    Oh and my town has just had two armed robberies in two weeks. Tis why I carry.



    Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk
    oh and he's got a gun too! Are you the Sheriff?
    There are a lot of ways you can respectfully answer that, simplest being "No."

    Instead, you have to go be a hostile smartazz. People associate you acting like that to others trying to OC. It makes the rest of us look bad.

    And why did you eat in your car? Did they ask you to leave?

    And lastly....pointing at your weapon "posing" for a pic?

    Are you a bloody moron?????
    Last edited by ToMang07; 03-17-2014 at 08:25 PM.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Northern Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    69
    That reply made my night! I'm still laughing. There are definitely times to do the right thing, and that would have been one of them. Not feed that fire by posing for someone like that. I'd probably have choked on my Mc Crap sandwich.

  4. #4
    Regular Member wimwag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Doug
    Posts
    1,118
    I don't waste time trying to be PC for those who didn't care in the first place. Those which choose to insult armed strangers aren't entitled to jack ****.

    Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,150

    I hear that train a comin', a comin' 'round the bend...

    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  6. #6
    Campaign Veteran MAC702's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    6,520
    Being different, even if being rude, doesn't make one wrong.

    What the OP did is not much different than what the respondents are doing now, when seeing something they didn't like.

    There is no reason for chastisement, and especially for implying criminality, in either posture, intent, or attitude.
    Last edited by MAC702; 03-17-2014 at 11:53 PM.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

  7. #7
    Regular Member wimwag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Doug
    Posts
    1,118
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    Being different, even being rude, doesn't make one wrong.



    What the OP did is not much different than what the respondents are doing now, when seeing something they didn't like.



    Let he without sin cast the first stone.





    Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Campaign Veteran marshaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia
    Posts
    11,487
    Quote Originally Posted by ToMang07 View Post
    It has nothing to do with being pc, you ignorant, arrogant little man.

    You think you're entitled because you can carry a firearm?

    Something tells me you shouldn't be allowed to.

    Sent while swerving into the wrong lane...
    It's hard to imagine how one could "shouldn't be allowed to" carry a firearm without having committed at least one act of aggression.

    It's equally hard to see how the OP committed an act of aggression.

    Finally, it's hard to imagine something more "ignorant" and "arrogant" than imagining one is properly positioned to determine who "should" be armed, absent serious criminal behavior as the determinant.
    Last edited by marshaul; 03-17-2014 at 11:10 PM.

  9. #9
    Regular Member wimwag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Doug
    Posts
    1,118
    Quote Originally Posted by ToMang07 View Post
    It has nothing to do with being pc, you ignorant, arrogant little man.

    You think you're entitled because you can carry a firearm?

    Something tells me you shouldn't be allowed to.

    Sent while swerving into the wrong lane...

    Entitled? Yes. A right is a right. We are all entitled to bear arms. It is the foundation this nation was built on and the very lifeblood of its existence. Who are you to choose who is "allowed" to exercise their rights? You're nothing but a hypocrite elitist with the same views as those who would disarm us all. You don't get to pick and choose. Ignorant? Lol no son. Little? At 6'3 and 230 lbs, probably much bigger than you.

    Tell me o pious wise ass internet commando...what makes you so holy that you can pass judgment on me or anyone else for that matter?





    Sent from my Windows 8 phone using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Regular Member wimwag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Doug
    Posts
    1,118
    Quote Originally Posted by ToMang07 View Post
    There are a lot of ways you can respectfully answer that, simplest being "No."

    Instead, you have to go be a hostile smartazz. People associate you acting like that to others trying to OC. It makes the rest of us look bad.

    And why did you eat in your car? Did they ask you to leave?

    And lastly....pointing at your weapon "posing" for a pic?







    Why? Because I didn't feel like using the drive thru. They always forget something at this McDonald's and I have to come inside anyways every time to get what I paid for. Using the drive thru is a waste of time and gas.

    Yup. Why not? Since the old fart caused a ruckus, why not mock the libtard idiot criminal driver? Taking into account his initiating contact with an armed stranger in a disrespectful fashion, would he have acted any differently had I responded politely or ignored him? Nope. I owe him and you nothing.







    Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

  11. #11
    Regular Member wimwag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Doug
    Posts
    1,118
    Maybe I should change the title of this thread to Crappy OCDO experience while posting about open carry. Elitist moron. Michael Bloomberg would love you to pieces.



    Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

  12. #12
    Regular Member dakatak87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Livingston County
    Posts
    46
    I'll try to put this in a better context.

    When anybody exercises the 2A they become an ambassador for the 2A. That ambassador is being watched and therefore their actions and words can either educate for the better or help solidify the negative connotations the "Gun-Control" party wants the public to believe.

    Wimwag, how long have you been carrying? I ask this because several of us are concerned about your experience level. And state of mind while in possession of a firearm.


    Just because one can be a pompous jerk doesn't mean they should be.

    Once actions are done and words are spoken they can not be taken back.
    The only sensible gun law is the 2nd Amendment. Anything else is an infringement.

    "The road to tyranny is paved with compromise."

  13. #13
    Regular Member Maverick9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Mid-atlantic
    Posts
    1,505
    Though the actions of the OP were not that of an ambassador for OC, I do find them humorous.

    I don't find them to be those of a thug who would harm anyone with his firearm, either. Let's not get carried away with the 'condemnations'.

  14. #14
    Regular Member Gallowmere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    220
    Not gonna lie...the way that "old fart" made such an ass of himself, I would have been hard pressed to not blurt out something about male menopause, and perhaps needing some Preparation H for his butthurt.

  15. #15
    Campaign Veteran MAC702's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    6,520
    Quote Originally Posted by dakatak87 View Post
    ...When anybody exercises the 2A they become an ambassador for the 2A....
    No one is an ambassador. An ambassador is chosen as a official representative. It makes a good bumper sticker slogan to get people to act like you want to act, though.

    I'm a guy who loves keeping a low profile, and wished everyone kept a low profile around me. But I'm probably so quiet, you'd rather I be an ambassador and pass out cards and smiles instead. I won't. Let's just each be ourselves, and let it all work out in the end. People are allowed to mature at their own rate and in their own style, assuming they need to mature to whatever level others think they should anyway.

    Focus on criminals. Don't go after guys that are just doing good things differently and more overtly than the rest of us.

    We can make the argument that a quiet retreat may have been just the thing that caused these girls to think he truly was in the wrong and knew it. Yet, there he was, proudly showing that he wasn't doing anything wrong and knew it. And some of you are trying to make him feel like a criminal for doing it.
    Last edited by MAC702; 03-18-2014 at 01:06 AM.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

  16. #16
    Regular Member wimwag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Doug
    Posts
    1,118
    Quote Originally Posted by dakatak87 View Post
    I'll try to put this in a better context.



    When anybody exercises the 2A they become an ambassador for the 2A. That ambassador is being watched and therefore their actions and words can either educate for the better or help solidify the negative connotations the "Gun-Control" party wants the public to believe.



    Wimwag, how long have you been carrying? I ask this because several of us are concerned about your experience level. And state of mind while in possession of a firearm.





    Just because one can be a pompous jerk doesn't mean they should be.



    Once actions are done and words are spoken they can not be taken back.









    Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

    Simply choosing to carry a gun does not make me an ambassador. I have been carrying a gun for more than a few years. Fear my "experience" all you like. I have encountered my fair share of idiots while carrying and never once fired in anger. Believe it or not, most of those idiots were gun snobs like you who think that their way of doing things is the only way. Get over yourself son. You carry your way and I will do it my way.

    When I hunt, am I am ambassador for all hunters? When I swear at the WiiU while playing Mario, am I an ambassador for all who have ever played Mario Bros.? When I replaced the regulator in my toilet last weekend, did I represent plumbers?

    Your state of mind while reading my story makes me question your state of mind while in public. If you are that fearful of some retards reaction to my exercising of my rights, then maybe you should take another look at why you are carrying.

    Unlike you, I do not fear another man's fear.

  17. #17
    Regular Member wimwag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Doug
    Posts
    1,118
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick9 View Post
    Though the actions of the OP were not that of an ambassador for OC, I do find them humorous.



    I don't find them to be those of a thug who would harm anyone with his firearm, either. Let's not get carried away with the 'condemnations'.

    Thank you for a thought out and rational response.





    Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

  18. #18
    Regular Member wimwag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Doug
    Posts
    1,118
    Another thought ...one member of this forum tapes a gun to his face. Nobody says a thing. I defend open carry and do so in a lawful manner. So everyone jumps on me.

    Get your priorities straight. So far, only two other members get the point of my post, which is simply: carry on.

    Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

  19. #19
    Campaign Veteran marshaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia
    Posts
    11,487
    Quote Originally Posted by wimwag View Post
    Another thought ...one member of this forum tapes a gun to his face. Nobody says a thing. I defend open carry and do so in a lawful manner. So everyone jumps on me.
    You know what they say about opinions.

  20. #20
    Regular Member wimwag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Doug
    Posts
    1,118
    Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    You know what they say about opinions.



    Indeed.





    Sent from my Nokia Lumina using Tapatalk and glitchy Windows 8

  21. #21
    Regular Member dakatak87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Livingston County
    Posts
    46
    Ambassador might not have been the best word, go look in a thesaurus then. I did not attack the way you did anything in your McCrappy encounter. I just wanted to know some more of your history to make an informed opinion on this thread. It seemed the posts before me also question your thoughts and actions.

    How do you know whether I am a "gun snob" or not?

    I never said anything about the way you carry, nor do I plan to.
    what is done in public is also done under public scrutiny, however much that may be.

    "Ambassador" or not, carrying a firearm in public has some inherent responsibilities. Is this not true?
    The only sensible gun law is the 2nd Amendment. Anything else is an infringement.

    "The road to tyranny is paved with compromise."

  22. #22
    Regular Member wimwag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Doug
    Posts
    1,118
    Quote Originally Posted by dakatak87 View Post
    Ambassador might not have been the best word, go look in a thesaurus then. I did not attack the way you did anything in your McCrappy encounter. I just wanted to know some more of your history to make an informed opinion on this thread. It seemed the posts before me also question your thoughts and actions.



    How do you know whether I am a "gun snob" or not?



    I never said anything about the way you carry, nor do I plan to.

    what is done in public is also done under public scrutiny, however much that may be.



    "Ambassador" or not, carrying a firearm in public has some inherent responsibilities. Is this not true?

    Are you an ambassador for all gun owners since you are on a firearms forum? Should everyone assume all gun owners make rash decisions and jump to conclusions prematurely since you just did a few posts back?
    Carrying a gun in public has nothing to do with what you are implying. My responsibilities are to my country, my family and myself, which is why I carry. I owe nothing to gun owners, OCDO, you or the antis. Hooah?





    Sent from my Nokia Lumina using Tapatalk and glitchy Windows 8

  23. #23
    Regular Member wimwag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Doug
    Posts
    1,118
    Quote Originally Posted by dakatak87 View Post
    .



    Wimwag, how long have you been carrying? I ask this because several of us are concerned about your experience level. And state of mind while in possession of a firearm.





    Just because one can be a pompous jerk doesn't mean they should be.



    .


    You imply that I am a pompous jerk and new to carrying. You imply that I am not stable enough to carry a firearm.

    You pass judgment on me and imply three very wrong things, using the classic "we" line in the hope it makes your argument seem more valid. Kinda like every anti who ever tried to talk anyone out of carrying.

    Typical of a gun snob who thinks that their way of doing things is the only way and that everyone who disagrees is in the minority.

    Does that answer your question?







    Sent from my Nokia Lumina using Tapatalk and glitchy Windows 8

  24. #24
    Regular Member Rusty Young Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Árida Zona
    Posts
    1,648

    How about we all sleep on it?

    It's late. People are tired.
    I suggest we step away and come back after getting some sleep. Maybe in person this conversation would go much more smoothly.
    By the very nature of textual communication, words sometimes come off a little more pointed than one intends; tone is a very difficult thing to communicate across circuit boards and fiberoptic cables producing text on a screen.
    Let's not have another thread succumb to the "locked" designation.
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

    “Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

    "When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

  25. #25
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,605
    Reading something on the internet is not like actually being there - much can be lost in the comprehension of the event.

    Still, whether you agree with someone or not, address the facts or action not the person's perceived character.

    Do not offer personal insults or attack the individual. Doing to is rude, against the Forum Rules, and doesn't qualify for a free lunch.

    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •