• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

McCrappy OC experience

Franky

Franky=king of the interwebs? Lol google me *****

Sent from my Nokia Lumia using Tapatalk and glitchy Windows 8

Thank you for the suggestion but after reviewing your posting history my initial concerns have been satisfied. I stand by my assertion of a strong possibility that no incident took place.

Law abider

We all charged with keeping the forum strong and that sometimes means trying to redirect our own. Public relations is a fickle mistress - make no mistake, we are in a public relations battle.

One day we compliment, the next we critique. Sometimes we do group hugs, other times we spank the offender. All the while trying to stick to the facts, not personalities. Simple enough, no?

We are all entitled to whatever the Administration deems acceptable. Quite frankly, IMHO this forum is much more tolerant and forgiving than many.

SCOTUS agrees with thee!

wimwag

Thank you for the suggestion but after reviewing your posting history my initial concerns have been satisfied. I stand by my assertion of a strong possibility that no incident took place.

Surely someone such as yourself who claims to have researched my posting history would have no problem finding out where I live and where to look. You know, since there's an entire thread about me being harassed by deputies after hunting.

Retard.

wimwag

Listen to this guy! Some words of wisdom, that's for sure. Why can't more people on here have a bag like this? Wish I could buy you a round.

And by the way, to the poster who said something to the effect of "your last post says it all...blah blah...blah", you actually just proved my point. And it happens more often then you think. I can dig up some recent posts with hostile responses if you like. Straw man arguments and half truths don't work with me.

By the way, nobody is "LEO" bashing. If you find my having a hard time liking police based on what I have seen and dealt with, so be it. Cry me a river. Move on. It's my opinion, and last time I checked, I have a right to it. So say you disagree and dispense with the smart remarks.

A good majority of the usual posting population on here has a real problem with exercising a God given and entitled right. They think there are all these unspoken rules you must follow, and if you don't adhere to their regimen, you shouldn't be carrying much less posting on ocdo....

Because attacking the people that believe in freedom and 2nd amendment rights is such good policy. :rolleyes:

So go ahead, attack me with your canned responses and snarky comebacks. I'll just have a good chuckle and sip my coffee. :lol:

I think it's important that the regulars here recognize that not everyone who carries openly is an activist. That's the first step towards sanity and unity on this forum. Doubt they will ever get past their own agenda though.

I came to this forum because I was sick of defending the legal method in which I choose to carry, like it matters. I wanted to talk guns n hunting without sifting through page after page of ignorant tripe. Instead, iwas attacked immediately. Lol interwebs.

Eat **** franky

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I think it's important that the regulars here recognize that not everyone who carries openly is an activist. That's the first step towards sanity and unity on this forum. Doubt they will ever get past their own agenda though.

I came to this forum because I was sick of defending the legal method in which I choose to carry, like it matters. I wanted to talk guns n hunting without sifting through page after page of ignorant tripe. Instead, iwas attacked immediately. Lol interwebs.

Eat **** franky
Have little problem with anything you have said.......until your closing statement. It diminishes you.

If your primary goal is to talk hunting, there are better forums for that. OCDO is primarily focused on promoting and defending the right to open carry a handgun as we go about our normal everyday routine. We do provide several sub-forums in which your interest may well fit, but still with the restriction that long guns are off topic.

wimwag

Have little problem with anything you have said.......until your closing statement. It diminishes you.

If your primary goal is to talk hunting, there are better forums for that. OCDO is primarily focused on promoting and defending the right to open carry a handgun as we go about our normal everyday routine. We do provide several sub-forums in which your interest may well fit, but still with the restriction that long guns are off topic.

handgun hunting is far from dead grapes. I frequently hunt yotes with a 5" STI .45.

kinggabby

My view is if you open carry you put yourself in the limelight. I think laws get put in to place for several reasons. But one of the biggest is to hamper our rights. As someone posted there are people who are fence riders. And they are voters as well. Yes it is true that most libs have their minds made up and will not change their views. But those fence riders have not fully decided. When I go out people do walk up to me and make stupid comments. But I have had some of those change their point of view with a little kindness and willing to answer questions. Whether they are curious about open carry or about scary black rifles. I do my best to answer those questions. And if I don't know I try to direct them in the right direction. Do I have to? No. But I like what freedoms I have and would like to expand on them. And those fence riders might mean the difference between more freedoms or being more restricted. As we have all seen lately there have been several states that have either banned or made illegal weapons or magazines. And I am sure that if more people in those states would have taken more time with people it is possible that those things might not have happened. But until we as a community sit down with people and are willing to share all those people will get their information from TV, Obama, MSM, and shows that put us in a dim light ( American guns, Guntucky, Doomsday preppers and too may others to be named) . But I think things can turn around. But that won't happen if people view us and angry people with weapons just waiting to go postal. Yes people who are against us having guns can be rude but who else is watching?

Franky

Surely someone such as yourself who claims to have researched my posting history would have no problem finding out where I live and where to look. You know, since there's an entire thread about me being harassed by deputies after hunting.

Retard.

There are approximately 300 McDonalds in Wisconsin. Since you prefer to not disclose the location of the questionable incident it could have happened/not happened at any one of the approximately 300 stores.

The thread you refer to has no relevance to your supposed McDonalds incident thread due to the obvious fact that no location was offered.

I take no offense at your final word in your post as I am blessed with no cognitive issues. However, the less fortunate who are mentally challenged frequently find that word extremely ugly.

Last edited:

wimwag

McDonalds expert too huh?

And yes, the thread does say where I am from.

MKEgal

She's made it very clear what sort of person she is,
and what her attitude is,
and that she's not going to change.
So just ignore her.
Hopefully there are more, better, people in her area so that she's not the only OCer (or LAC) that those people see. Damage done is not easily repaired; it will take many good experiences to undo the bad.

wimwag

She's made it very clear what sort of person she is,
and what her attitude is,
and that she's not going to change.
So just ignore her.
Hopefully there are more, better, people in her area so that she's not the only OCer (or LAC) that those people see. Damage done is not easily repaired; it will take many good experiences to undo the bad.

She? Judging by the picture of me on TTAG...I am most definitely a dude.

duckdog

Damn... killing coyotes with a pistol with a 5" barrel! You must be hiding in those garbage cans behind the Mc Donalds in question and ambushing them when they are coming to eat some chow!

Last edited:

Primus

Damn... killing coyotes with a pistol with a 5" barrel! You must be hiding in those garbage cans behind the Mc Donalds in question and ambushing them when they are coming to eat some chow!

That's not the preferred method?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Firearms Iinstuctor

He said hunting not killing. Has he killed any with it he doesn't say. Coyotes are open for hunting year around and in the bad old days it was a very good reason to have a hand gun with you while in the woods

But killing coyotes with a hand gun is very possible even with very short barrels given the right set of circumstances.

I would consider any coyote that gives me a standing shot at under 50 yards dead with most of my hand guns and between 50 and a hundred a very good chance of dying.

I killed 3 over the years while not hunting them they just happen to show up in the right place at the right time one at 10 yards 4in 357 one at 49 measured yards 3.5in 9mm and one at 32 yards stepped off 2.5 inch 38spl.

I shot killed several with a 2 inch 22rf semi auto while hunting them but they were bayed by a pack of hounds and I could get very close.

I do carry handguns when calling/hunting them but my firearm of choice is a 223 semi auto or a 12ga 3in 00 buck.

A 5in 45 that's accurate would work just as well as most other handguns with barrels of the same length

duckdog

I'm also in the north, and the coyotes we have around here generally head the other direction double quick when you get close to them. I carry all the time anyway, but wolves and bear are the issue... not the coyote. I've also hunted my share of them over the years, and you'd have to be darn lucky to get one within range of a pistol. The three you killed with the pistols were probably just that. Now, a 22 rifle can and does work if you hit them good, but I don't use one for coyotes. I know guys who do and they do well.

This topic is getting off point, but in all reality, I think that anyone who would pose with their pistol and point to it for strangers is not representing themselves as anything but a dumb*** and is not helping the public perception of people who exercise their right to carry. The OP is entitled to their own opinion, just as I am entitled to mine. In fact, if this did occur at all, it probably did nothing more than add fuel to the anti-gun opinion that is out there. I'm guessing, and hoping, that this is nothing more than some made up BS.

Snake161

No slap or personal put down intended.

It is good to remember that OCDO is private property. No user/member has "rights" here. We post at the pleasure and with the permission of the forum owners + in accordance with their rules and decisions.

That is the way it is.

Ill make sure to remember this when a guest comes over to my private property to immiediatly strip away their right to free speech and opinion. I wonder how long people would still show up?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Ill make sure to remember this when a guest comes over to my private property to immiediatly strip away their right to free speech and opinion. I wonder how long people would still show up?
You are entitled to give up any of your private property rights you wish within the law.

wimwag

He said hunting not killing. Has he killed any with it he doesn't say. Coyotes are open for hunting year around and in the bad old days it was a very good reason to have a hand gun with you while in the woods

But killing coyotes with a hand gun is very possible even with very short barrels given the right set of circumstances.

I would consider any coyote that gives me a standing shot at under 50 yards dead with most of my hand guns and between 50 and a hundred a very good chance of dying.

I killed 3 over the years while not hunting them they just happen to show up in the right place at the right time one at 10 yards 4in 357 one at 49 measured yards 3.5in 9mm and one at 32 yards stepped off 2.5 inch 38spl.

I shot killed several with a 2 inch 22rf semi auto while hunting them but they were bayed by a pack of hounds and I could get very close.

I do carry handguns when calling/hunting them but my firearm of choice is a 223 semi auto or a 12ga 3in 00 buck.

A 5in 45 that's accurate would work just as well as most other handguns with barrels of the same length

Since the poster didn't know jack about hunting I just left him be by his lonesome. I knew someone would come along and correct him eventually. Lolz

It must be frustrating to NEED a rifle to hit your target. Handgun hunting is more challenging, which is why I do it.

By the way, we are off topic. Grapes usually jumps on it already.