• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another Hoplophobe at Green Lake

trevorthebusdriver

In Sunday's "Rant & Rave" column of the Seattle Times:
"RANT-To the man openly carrying a handgun on his belt while walking around Green Lake, making me, and I'm sure a lot of other people, very uncomfortable-which I suppose was his intent.
I spent the walk thinking of where to take cover in case he began shooting. There's no place for guns in our parks."

I don't even know where to start with that one...JSanchez was that you again? :)

Gallowmere

I'd respond simply with something along the lines of the following:

It's the guns you can't see that you should be worried about. People planning on attacking others aren't known to carry their firearms in plain view of the public. Your very reaction is the reason for this. It draws attention, and people who are wanting to take advantage of others do not want attention. They want you to think that nothing is going on, until it's too late. If anything you should be thanking the person carrying openly, as it just may make some of those with hidden guns and bad intentions think twice before acting.

Freedom1Man

I'd respond simply with something along the lines of the following:

It's the guns you can't see that you should be worried about. People planning on attacking others aren't known to carry their firearms in plain view of the public. Your very reaction is the reason for this. It draws attention, and people who are wanting to take advantage of others do not want attention. They want you to think that nothing is going on, until it's too late. If anything you should be thanking the person carrying openly, as it just may make some of those with hidden guns and bad intentions think twice before acting.

What you said, yes.

fjpro2a

Excellent!!!

i'd respond simply with something along the lines of the following:

well-stated