Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: High school senior jailed, kicked out of school, and may lose Army dream

High school senior jailed, kicked out of school, and may lose Army dream

An Ohio high school student has already been jailed and kicked out of school, charged with a Felony, spent 18 days in Jail, released on $500,000 bond and an ankle bracelet.

Why? For having a pocket knife in his car, and now he fears he could lose his dream of serving in the Army. The pocketknife is part of his volunteer Fire and Rescue EMT toolkit. First responder EMTs have utility knifes to cut seatbelts of car crash victims stuck in their vehicles.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/03/18...cmp=latestnews
    I want to keep our founding fathers' visions and rights for this country pure. I implore you to do the same.

I wonder, based on what information or advice did Wiser want to become a cop? Now his eyes are opened, sadder but Wiser.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    I wonder, based on what information or advice did Wiser want to become a cop? Now his eyes are opened, sadder but Wiser.
    Hah. You can say that again.

Another person that is no harm to society that may permanently be stripped of his right to self defense by lunatics in the school system. I had a pocket knife on my person almost my entire time in the school system, if I remember correctly since about the 4th grade. It was common.

What the hell has happened to our country.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    Hah. You can say that again.
    Likely his eyes have been opened to the absurdity of "zero tolerance" policies only - not to any negative connection to LE.

Who would you rather have in LE or the military if not someone like this young man?
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Likely his eyes have been opened to the absurdity of "zero tolerance" policies only - not to any negative connection to LE.

Who would you rather have in LE or the military if not someone like this young man?

Yet who was the strong arm of the injustice?
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

"Officer discretion" and "totality of the circumstances" comes to mind.....not.

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Another person that is no harm to society that may permanently be stripped of his right to self defense by lunatics in the school system. I had a pocket knife on my person almost my entire time in the school system, if I remember correctly since about the 4th grade. It was common.

What the hell has happened to our country.
    In my high school almost evey truck had guns in the gun racks, windows down and unlocked. We would go bird hunting at lunch or after school. Nobody touch them and nobody cared.

Sad that times have changed and panic has set in.

So where's the rest of the story? Did anyone else notice the bit about the "Facebook posts"? This kid wasn't randomly searched. He was targeted for something he said. So I'm curious what it was to fill in the back story.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    So where's the rest of the story? Did anyone else notice the bit about the "Facebook posts"? This kid wasn't randomly searched. He was targeted for something he said. So I'm curious what it was to fill in the back story.

Welllll if the messages are damning they should be released if they are going use them as a excuse in the media. If they don't cite or show shots of the messages they don't exist. Until then this is just another miscarriage of power.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Harold Specht the chief assistant prosecutor of Ashtabula County told me the school has a zero tolerance policy for weapons on school grounds and the prosecutor's office adheres to that policy.

http://www.19actionnews.com/story/24...3-days-in-jail
    "There are all these school occurrences where people are shot, people are killed by other students," Specht said. "We see it every day … so we don't take these things lightly. … We have to be sure that we don't have a potential for something like that to happen here."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_4921266.html
    The Huffing and Puffington Post seems to have more information.

Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post

Youtube it seems.

"There are all these school occurrences where people are shot, people are killed by other students," Specht said. "We see it every day … so we don't take these things lightly. … We have to be sure that we don't have a potential for something like that to happen here."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_4921266.html

uh this happens everyday in what school? I dont think theyre using a 4" folding knife either.

"We charge [people] with everything that we feel they are guilty of, and in this case, he is guilty of a felony," Harold Specht, the chief assistant prosecutor at the Ashtabula County prosecutor's office, told HuffPost."

THis is interesting too because the AP seems to assume guilt... Someone definitely had it out for the kid. Looks like he was very motivated to help others being only 18 and already having multiple certifications and signing up for the Army.

"We charge [people] with everything that we feel they are guilty of, and in this case, he is guilty of a felony," Harold Specht, the chief assistant prosecutor at the Ashtabula County prosecutor's office, told HuffPost.
    So let me get this straight, Mr. Specht has decided to forgo a judge and jury and the US constitution and go straight to sentencing. I posted this in another thread regarding a similar quote but... Last I checked, one is INNOCENT until PROVEN guilty by a court of law and a jury of his/her peers... What a guy.
    Armed and annoyingly well informed!

There are two constants when dealing with liberals:
    1) Liberals never quit until they are satisfied.
    2) Liberals are never satisfied.

This case needs two words: Jury Nullification
    "Anyone worth shooting once is worth shooting twice." -Zeus

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Malcolm Reynolds

EDC = Walther PPQ 9mm

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SovereignAxe View Post
    I agree. But I doubt it .. not yet ...

He'll plead guilty to something else but the Army still won't want him (they got a line of people outside the door ~ not like it was back in '72).

He says he did not consent to the search...cops said he did. And its in school ~ courts are v. lenient at schools, like the 4th amend does not exist.

I ran into 4th amend issues at school with my boy ... they claimed that they were in the right; I said "so what, being 100% right isn't going to help you".

Quote Originally Posted by SovereignAxe View Post
    Here here!!! There seems to be a public sentiment that resides clearly in the wee tikes favor. I wonder if a change in venue will be sought.

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Here here!!! There seems to be a public sentiment that resides clearly in the wee tikes favor. I wonder if a change in venue will be sought.
    Exactly. If everyone believes that he is obviously guilty of the law, but that the law is unjust, and/or that they believe that it should not apply to this situation, then this should be the outcome. Whether or not it is, is slightly doubtful due to the fact that nobody knows about it.
    "Anyone worth shooting once is worth shooting twice." -Zeus

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Malcolm Reynolds

EDC = Walther PPQ 9mm

Jury nullification might work for this young man in OH, but you have to be careful of the venue.
    Here in Texas the urban population has tilted Dallas, Houston, San Antonio and Austin county governments to democrat control, so the jury might send (an ignorant of our rights) message that you should obey the PC garbage taught in schools and popular culture.
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

Read about this yesterday. Sad that common sene no longer exists in the public school system or justice system.
    Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.

Thomas Paine

Another case of "zero-tolerance" nipping another would-be Law-Abiding Citizen's faith in society in the bud.
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

Sense has never been common, for the conspiracy of ignorance masquerading as common sense. Zero tolerance is PC-speak for thoughtlessness.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Young Man View Post
    Another case of "zero-tolerance" nipping another would-be Law-Abiding Citizen's faith in society in the bud.
    Society ≠ government, and I choose to believe that this sort of thing serves as an object lesson in that very fact.

Banned
    Society ≠ government, and I choose to believe that this sort of thing serves as an object lesson in that very fact.
    I think that society approves of this type of gov't behavior ... for the children.

Still, being 100% right does not mean squat.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    +1

And hopefully more and more of our young will realize what a looser the government is and not work/serve it.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast