• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OSBI ran my credit card over a week ago. When should I expect my license ?

Ouch

I know!! But I want it. I keep being disappointed every time I open the mailbox. The OSBI charged my credit card over a week ago for my permit, and thought it was going to be just a day or two when I received it in the mail. I wonder how long it takes after they run your credit card? Do they send the license directly in the mail? I've read where they just send a approval letter, and then you have to go back to the Sheriff's office to pick up the license, which one is true?

Thanks.

Last edited:

hrdware

I know!! But I want it. I keep being disappointed every time I open the mailbox. The OSBI charged my credit card over a week ago for my permit, and thought it was going to be just a day or two when I received it in the mail. I wonder how long it takes after they run your credit card? Do they send the license directly in the mail? I've read where they just send a approval letter, and then you have to go back to the Sheriff's office to pick up the license, which one is true?

Thanks.

OSBI will mail your license directly to the address you put on your application (this is new as of 2012, prior to that you got an approval and had to go pick it up) When you submit your application, OSBI will charge your card, then begin the process of doing the background check. You can expect to get your license in as little as 6-8 weeks, or up to 12-14 weeks.

Welcome to the forum, and the waiting game.

Ouch

images (1).jpg
Patience, grasshopper, patience....

(sarcasm on)
All this is necessary to ensure that we don't have criminals running around with concealed guns... we wouldn't want that to happen now, would we...
(sarcasm off)

Ouch

OSBI will mail your license directly to the address you put on your application (this is new as of 2012, prior to that you got an approval and had to go pick it up) When you submit your application, OSBI will charge your card, then begin the process of doing the background check. You can expect to get your license in as little as 6-8 weeks, or up to 12-14 weeks.

Welcome to the forum, and the waiting game.
Thanks Hrdware.. Just doesn't make sense to be able to buy a gun in five minutes, but have to wait 120 days to carry it. You'd think it would be totally opposite.

Last edited:

Ouch

Gun control laws don't have to make sense - they only have to appeal to the anti-gun crowd so they will vote for the poiticians who are "doing something" about "gun violence". Even though I have never seen a violent gun in my life.....
Good point!!

Ouch

My GF and I got ours in 17 days.
I heard some people were getting them in a matter of a few weeks. I think that's why I was expecting to get it a lot sooner than I have. It's still fun going to the mailbox everyday in hopes it'll be in there.

callee11

Got mine a few days ago... took six weeks from submitting paperwork and payment

Ouch

Has anyone here applied for their CCL this year in 2014? How long did it take to receive it?

Ouch

I had that wonderful moment today... After walking out to the mailbox for the last 62 days, only to feel rejected .. I reached in and there it was. A letter from the OSBI. I just closed my eyes and felt the envelope to see if I could feel a license in it. It was like my first kiss.

slayerinokc

My Renewal

Has anyone here applied for their CCL this year in 2014? How long did it take to receive it?

I applied for a 10 year renewal on March 26, 2014 and received my new card in the mail May 2nd. I used their new online system and was surprised at how quick it went. I answered a few questions, stood up from my desk and took a pic of myself against a white wall in my office with the front camera of my iphone, uploaded it, paid, and held my breath. :lol: (I did have to resize my pic using a free online pic resizer.) Received confirmation email that it had been received by OSBI and was being processed...went really smooth.

davidmcbeth

Banned
I had that wonderful moment today... After walking out to the mailbox for the last 62 days, only to feel rejected .. I reached in and there it was. A letter from the OSBI. I just closed my eyes and felt the envelope to see if I could feel a license in it. It was like my first kiss.

Excellent ... now you can cancel the payment ... hehehee

OKC_Guy

Wanna know something funny? OSBI never charged me for my SDA... Did all the paperwork, sent it all in, got a shiny card in the mail about two months later. Never saw a charge on my account. They usually don't take more than 90 days, especially now that the "gun-run" is slowing down.

RTucker

Has anyone here applied for their CCL this year in 2014? How long did it take to rece

I applied 24 OCT 2014. Still broken hearted everytime I go to the mailbox. Maybe today...

gcoker

Submitted my application to Tulsa county on Nov. 19th, OSBI received it on Dec.1 and they say they are running in the 45 to 60 day time period...was hoping to have in time for Christmas but now just hoping by end of January.
Seems like days go by real slow waiting for it....When I when to Tulsa County Sheriff they told me they would do their checking that evening then submitted the package to OSBI that evening. They(TCSO) said OSBI has been running at 30 - 45 days..

gcoker

Submitted my application to Tulsa county on Nov. 19th, OSBI received it on Dec.1 and they say they are running in the 45 to 60 day time period...was hoping to have in time for Christmas but now just hoping by end of January.
Seems like days go by real slow waiting for it....When I when to Tulsa County Sheriff they told me they would do their checking that evening then submitted the package to OSBI that evening. They(TCSO) said OSBI has been running at 30 - 45 days..

Update...my Handgun License was issued 12-24-14 and I received it in the Mail on 12-29-14. Not a bad turnaround right now :banana: