Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: South Caroline Pub posts incredibly rude sign against firearms carriers

South Carolina Pub posts incredibly rude sign against firearms carriers

Any of you guys know this Backstreets Pub & Deli joint in Clemson? Did you know he thinks you are **********?

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014...f-gun-owners/#

Last edited by MAC702; 03-19-2014 at 12:33 AM. Reason: spelling
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Hope he gets robbed so often he goes bankrupt. Might as well put up a sign saying "criminals take what you want - money, lives etc...it's all good."
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

Banned
    Not signed, I wonder why?

Ignorant sign from someone who does not understand why we have the RKBA.

My money is on that establishment not being long for this world.

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    Any of you guys know this Backstreets Pub & Deli joint in Clemson? Did you know he thinks you are **********?

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014...f-gun-owners/#

Lmao. That's funny

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

Sounds like this place needs an open carry demonstration in front of his property.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cds0699 View Post
    Sounds like this place needs an open carry demonstration in front of his property.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
    SC is a non-OC state, sadly.

Frankly, I'm all for business owners like him posting their views; the market will either drive him out of business or make him very rich, and based on the smoke from all of his back pedaling, I'm guessing he isn't about to buy a vacation home in the Virgin Isles.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PistolPackingMomma View Post
    SC is a non-OC state, sadly.

Frankly, I'm all for business owners like him posting their views; the market will either drive him out of business or make him very rich, and based on the smoke from all of his back pedaling, I'm guessing he isn't about to buy a vacation home in the Virgin Isles.
    Not even for rifles?

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Not even for rifles?
    IIRC, the only times OC of any kind is permitted in this state is on private property (your own or with owners consent) and on your way to or from hunting. Otherwise, no. (IANAL.)

Seems like the pub owner got the message anyways.

Not signed, I wonder why? ...
    Hmm, I thought that it is signed, "*********."

http://media.washtimes.com/media/ima..._s640x1136.jpg
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Hmm, I thought that it is signed, "*********."

http://media.washtimes.com/media/ima..._s640x1136.jpg
    I see what you did there.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 03-19-2014 at 07:12 AM.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

It's a college town, with brainless college kids looking for a cheap-ish place to drink and eat without driving too far. What, 800 feet from the campus to the greasy spoon? No big deal. Spend your money elsewhere.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Great to see the comments on the social media sites are on fire with 4 negative comments/reviews for every 1 positive

People are loading that place up with reviews! (and mostly negative)

Many believe that there is no such thing as bad publicity, one wonders how their bottom line is doing -- in a college town.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Many believe that there is no such thing as bad publicity, one wonders how their bottom line is doing -- in a college town.
    My off-the-cuff analysis is that this may be true in the short term. In the long term, bad publicity can easily destroy a business.

Heck, even in the short term it's clear that, for instance, a plane crash is terrible for business, and that the statement "there is no such thing as bad publicity" is therefore absurd.

In fact, that aphorism sounds a lot like "common sense" if you ask me.

I have come to the sad conclusion that in these times, common sense is extremely uncommon. :what:
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

After seeing and partaking on yelp by delivering a dose of just karma back to this jack wagon, it made me realize something that was only buried on my sub conscience.... I LOVE THE INTERNET.

Such justice was not attainable back in the day....

On another forum I'm on, they were saying his permit doesn't look real. Can anyone confirm this?
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    On another forum I'm on, they were saying his permit doesn't look real. Can anyone confirm this?
    Not sure that it makes too much of a difference either way:
    If he doesn't have a permit, but is claiming he does, he's a liar and an anti-Freedom advocate.
    If he DOES have a permit, he's a hypocrite, a FUDD (do unto thee, but not to me), AND and anti-Freedom advocate.

Whichever way you look at it, he's proven to be an enemy of Freedom* (by the phrase "acta non verba", actions speak louder than words).

*He could have simply exercised his private property Rights by banning LEGALLY-CARRIED firearms within his business, but instead chose to attack all carriers for exercising their Rights.
    Last edited by Rusty Young Man; 03-25-2014 at 02:42 AM.
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

Let's Rise above it!!

While the sign makes no rational sense, the owner does have the right to post it. Let's all rise above the situation. We shouldn't wish anything bad happen there because of the sign. Rather, those of you in the area should visit the competition (often.) One step at a time.

Based on "non-gun" related critiques of the food, service, staff, and "ambiance", this minor incident is likely just one more nail in the coffin so to speak. It seems that a gun in that establishment is the very least of management's worries.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fjpro2a View Post
    While the sign makes no rational sense, the owner does have the right to post it. Let's all rise above the situation. We shouldn't wish anything bad happen there because of the sign. Rather, those of you in the area should visit the competition (often.) One step at a time.
    If one looks as RKBA as also a civil right, then no - he does not have the right to post that any more than saying "No Irish"

If one looks as RKBA as also a civil right, then no - he does not have the right to post that any more than saying "No Irish"
    No, David "Might Makes Right" McBeth. Government does not create rights. Government was not able to create a right for Irishmen to go wherever they wish. Government instead infringes on the right of Irish-haters to ban the Irish from their establishments.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast