Thread: USPc 45 Holster Help

USPc 45 Holster Help

As a quick intro to the thought- I have not open carried in years, and only did then while waiting for a permit once I moved to a new state. However I've recently decided I'd like to start open carrying from time to time. My daily carry gun is the USP compact 45. I don't want to change guns to open carry, so I'm in search of a holster that would accommodate the gun and my desire to have some form of retention that is NOT activated by the trigger finger (no Serpas).

I will openly admit that I've only spent about 10 minutes looking for something. When nothing popped up quickly I thought of this forum and thought I'd ask and see if anyone here carried the same gun and had a recommendation.

Thanks!

Duct tape, either to your hip or your forehead.

Naww just kidding, I have no idea, but there are probably hundreds of good holsters out there. Are you looking for leather or kydex?
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Don't really care if it is leather or plastic. Just some sort of retention that isn't trigger finger activated. Lots of options for the 9/40 size but appears a bit limited in the 45.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Echo_Four View Post
    Don't really care if it is leather or plastic. Just some sort of retention that isn't trigger finger activated. Lots of options for the 9/40 size but appears a bit limited in the 45.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Tapatalk
    Well there are tons of guys making leather holsters, some expensive, some a good bargain. You just have to search.

Now I don't know how the quality stacks up, but Uncle Mikes was making a twist retention kydex holster. You would have to check their site to see if they are still made and available in your gun.

Seems they do not make it for your gun.

Tad pricey but it is level two and retention is not trigger finger activated.
    http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/HK-US...-201p16450.htm
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 03-19-2014 at 06:51 PM.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump