• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

USPc 45 Holster Help

Echo_Four

As a quick intro to the thought- I have not open carried in years, and only did then while waiting for a permit once I moved to a new state. However I've recently decided I'd like to start open carrying from time to time. My daily carry gun is the USP compact 45. I don't want to change guns to open carry, so I'm in search of a holster that would accommodate the gun and my desire to have some form of retention that is NOT activated by the trigger finger (no Serpas).

I will openly admit that I've only spent about 10 minutes looking for something. When nothing popped up quickly I thought of this forum and thought I'd ask and see if anyone here carried the same gun and had a recommendation.

Thanks!

WalkingWolf

Duct tape, either to your hip or your forehead.

Naww just kidding, I have no idea, but there are probably hundreds of good holsters out there. Are you looking for leather or kydex?

Echo_Four

Don't really care if it is leather or plastic. Just some sort of retention that isn't trigger finger activated. Lots of options for the 9/40 size but appears a bit limited in the 45.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Tapatalk

WalkingWolf

Don't really care if it is leather or plastic. Just some sort of retention that isn't trigger finger activated. Lots of options for the 9/40 size but appears a bit limited in the 45.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Tapatalk

Well there are tons of guys making leather holsters, some expensive, some a good bargain. You just have to search.

Now I don't know how the quality stacks up, but Uncle Mikes was making a twist retention kydex holster. You would have to check their site to see if they are still made and available in your gun.

Seems they do not make it for your gun.:cry:

Tad pricey but it is level two and retention is not trigger finger activated.
http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/HK-USPC-45-WRS-Level-2-Duty-G2-Holster-Right-201p16450.htm

Last edited: