Thread: Utility Tree Crew calls cops on sleeping OCer

Utility Tree Crew calls cops on sleeping OCer

Turns out the dude had a 1911 tattoo on his belly.....looks like it had a modified trigger guard....

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/03/19...test+-+Text%29
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

"Yea I got this gun on me all the time. Its tattooed on me".

Winner...

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

Even if it was a real gun, it isn't illegal to have one on you on your own property. And it could have been in a waist band holster.

Pretty funny tattoo though, it might get him shot from a nervous cop one day though. Not the cop in the picture as he didn't look amused that his time was wasted on a tree crews paranoia.....

Not sure if he "qualifies" as an OCer...

If the gun is tattooed on, he would need to go either shirtless or with a short, ab-revealing shirt to be considered an OCer.
    Wonder what the law is regarding CC...
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

According to OCDO's maps, Maine is an OC-friendly state. Thus, by definition, if the tree-huggers, er, "trimmers," thought they saw a firearm, then it's legal, RIGHT???

So why did the cops respond to a lawful action? Or at least what would have been a lawful action had the guy actually been OC-ing?

Maine doesn't require registration, either (according to OCDO maps).

A lot of other issues remain on the table.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

A Little Misunderstanding Goes A Long Way...

Enough misunderstanding to go around...

The man was sleeping (works the night shift) and was woken up by the tree trimmers. I'm sure he was not in the best frame of mind; probably a little bit more than rankled. Throws on a pair of jeans, runs out of the house and begins a very terse conversation with the trimming crew.

The trimming crew was hired to cut branches away from utility lines, a very common thing in a rural state, and they trim during the day. Since utility work is governed by the PUC and the run of utility lines is considered public domain, the trimming crew has authority to go on private property without permission to trim.

So, here is a trimming crew confronted by an angry (and most likely very animated) resident, then someone spots the tattoo, which wouldn't have been visible otherwise. The tattoo is actually a well-done representation of the real thing. The trimming crew panics...and by panics...it appears that whatever they said to the 911 folks caused the sheriff to bring out the heavy guns.

Now everyone involved should feel ashamed of themselves, especially since this went national.

And the sheriff should have use this as a "teachable moment", reminding the public that open carry of guns is legal in Maine, but one's behavior may reasonably cause others to feel unsafe.

I wonder if he has a permit for that tattoo :-)

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

He only needs one when...

Quote Originally Posted by cds0699 View Post
    I wonder if he has a permit for that tattoo :-)
    He only needs one when he puts a shirt on. ;-)

The article states the "arresting officer" but clarifies the guy "was not charged." Sounds to be an arrest. I wonder what the arrest was for.
    I want to keep our founding fathers' visions and rights for this country pure. I implore you to do the same.

Banned
    utility workers should be fired IMO