Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 27

Thread: Be on the lookout for barristas carrying.

  1. #1
    Regular Member 1911er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Port Orchard Wa. /Granite Oklahoma
    Posts
    836

    Be on the lookout for barristas carrying.

    I think its A great idea maybe it will spread over here

    http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...scourage-robb/
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 03-21-2014 at 01:45 PM. Reason: Edited title to make if more informative
    I truly Love my Country, But the government scares the he!! out of me.

    DEMAND IT
    Congress SHALL NOT receive A salary greater than any service member and will be given EQUIVELANT insurance as any service member

    I came into this world kicking and screaming covered in someone else's blood. And if necessary to protect the Constitution of The United States of AMERICA. I will go out the same way

    All hail the Domain of Neptunus Rex

  2. #2
    Regular Member EMNofSeattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    S. Kitsap, Washington state
    Posts
    3,763
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911er View Post
    I think its A great idea maybe it will spread over here

    http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...scourage-robb/
    The police wouldn’t comment on Chapel’s decision to encourage armed baristas, said Spokane Police Department spokeswoman Monique Cotton. “We would encourage anyone in any situation to call us. We have excellent response times.”
    I'm sure Shorty Belton will have some wonderful words for his endorsement of your "excellent response times"............
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

    NRA Member

  3. #3
    Campaign Veteran marshaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia
    Posts
    11,487
    I like to see this sort of thing. Having one armed girl always on shift seems prudent.

  4. #4
    Regular Member HPmatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    1,597
    Would be careful when she asks - 'one shot or two'…
    Again back to the Frito Bandito…eh - no silver? no gold?
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

  5. #5
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,616
    Smart business owner - he knows the difference between fact and fiction.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  6. #6
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    -FUQ-The police wouldn’t comment on Chapel’s decision to encourage armed baristas, said Spokane Police Department spokeswoman Monique Cotton. “We would encourage anyone in any situation to call us. We have excellent response times.”

    So laden with subtle anti gun anti personal responsibility. And apparently they are quicker than speeding bullets.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  7. #7
    Campaign Veteran marshaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia
    Posts
    11,487
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    So laden with subtle anti gun anti personal responsibility. And apparently they are quicker than speeding bullets.
    Plus, one can maintain control of a firearm. Calling the police is like opening pandora's box.

  8. #8
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    Plus, one can maintain control of a firearm. Calling the police is like opening pandora's box.
    Sadly too many accounts back that statement up.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    97

    Ladies serving coffee openly carrying - as seen on CNN of all places!

    Something I saw on CNN of all places!?!?

    http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/vi...tion.kxly.html


    I think everyone in the Spokane area needs to show there support to Jitterz Java. We need more women like these in our ranks!

  10. #10
    Regular Member HPmatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    1,597
    That's great - going to show this clip to the barrista's at my coffee shop. (is a guy barrista a barristo? or if in Indiana a barristoe?)
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

  11. #11
    Campaign Veteran Running Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Corner of No and Where
    Posts
    431
    If I lived in their area, I would definitely go out of my way to frequent Jitterz!
    When rights are outlawed only outlaws will have rights.

    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. - Hanlon's Razor

    No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people. - Catherine Engelbrecht

  12. #12
    Activist Member golddigger14s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Lacey, Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,990
    Already posted. I think thread titles need to be labeled better btw.
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...he-lookout-for



    --Moderator note--
    Merged the two threads here.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 03-21-2014 at 01:42 PM.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Plummer Id
    Posts
    67
    I was glad to hear that the owner of the coffee house is arming the girls, We need to show the girls support, when anyone is in north Spokane maybe stop by their place of business and buy a coffee or just say hello while being armed ourselves. I live in Idaho but i was born and raised in Spokane and i can't remember when Spokanes's crime has been so bad. I will never go to Spokane without being armed...I OC in Idaho seeing i very rarely go to spokane...Carry On

  14. #14
    Centurion
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Pleasant Grove, Utah, USA
    Posts
    3,828
    I plan to make a stop there SOMEDAY. It may be a LONG motorcycle ride up one day for a cup and then return home the next starting from South of Salt Lake City!
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

    Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

  15. #15
    Regular Member HPmatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    1,597
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeSparky View Post
    I plan to make a stop there SOMEDAY. It may be a LONG motorcycle ride up one day for a cup and then return home the next starting from South of Salt Lake City!
    Better ask them to give you a few extra shots for the long road home...
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

  16. #16
    Regular Member Grim_Night's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Pierce County, Washington
    Posts
    792
    Quote Originally Posted by HPmatt View Post
    Better ask them to give you a few extra shots for the long road home...
    be careful when asking these ladies for "shots" lol
    Armed and annoyingly well informed!

    There are two constants when dealing with liberals:
    1) Liberals never quit until they are satisfied.
    2) Liberals are never satisfied.

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Long gone
    Posts
    2,575
    Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    Plus, one can maintain control of a firearm. Calling the police is like opening pandora's box.
    This has to be the understatement of the year IMHO.
    Throw me to the wolves and I will come back leading the pack.

  18. #18
    Regular Member DCKilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Wet Side, WA
    Posts
    527
    Just putting the word out deters crime. The owner speaking on the news about having every shift armed will help.

  19. #19
    Campaign Veteran marshaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia
    Posts
    11,487
    Quote Originally Posted by DCKilla View Post
    Just putting the word out deters crime. The owner speaking on the news about having every shift armed will help.
    Wrong. Without the element of surprise, these girls are a target. Someone is going to shoot them first to rob their business.

  20. #20
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    wrong. Without the element of surprise, these girls are a target. Someone is going to shoot them first to rob their business.

    lol...
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  21. #21
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,616
    Quote Originally Posted by DCKilla View Post
    Just putting the word out deters crime. The owner speaking on the news about having every shift armed will help.
    Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    Wrong. Without the element of surprise, these girls are a target. Someone is going to shoot them first to rob their business.
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    lol...
    It happens thousands of times everyday across our nation....
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  22. #22
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    It happens thousands of times everyday across our nation....
    It must the ability to draw faster from CC than OC .....
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  23. #23
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,616
    Originally Posted by Grapeshot It happens thousands of times everyday across our nation....
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    It must the ability to draw faster from CC than OC .....
    You've been doing your homework
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 03-22-2014 at 12:51 PM. Reason: formatting
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  24. #24
    Regular Member Kopis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    727
    Krystal Cogswell wears a holstered pistol on her hip while pulling espresso at Jitterz Java in northwest Spokane.

    I figure if they can see it, maybe it will be a deterrent,” the 24-year-old said.

    A 24yr old barista can figure it out...
    Last edited by Kopis; 03-25-2014 at 03:26 PM.

  25. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Bothell
    Posts
    586
    In the movie Salt, the president aptly says "It's not a deterrent if it isn't on the table."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •