• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Self Defense shooting ruled justified force--Pasco, WA

Stretch

KNDU TV

http://www.nbcrightnow.com/story/25021474/fatal-shooting-at-pasco-home-ruled-justified

PASCO, WA. - A Pasco homeowner who shot and killed a man who was trying to enter his home along Savory Drive has been ruled as justified.

Franklin County Prosecutor Shawn Sant says Stephen Aceves, 28, had a blood alcohol content level of .35 when the incident happened. Investigators say Aceves forced his way into the home using his forearms to push the door open, despite the homeowner trying to keep him out. The homeowner then shot Aceves four times.

Sant says the homeowner shot Aceves in the home and Aceves then fell backwards, with his feet and legs still inside.

Sant says this isn't the first time Aceves attempted to enter a home while intoxicated. He says Aceves once entered a Montana home in 2013 and the homeowner held him at gunpoint until officers arrived. No criminal charges were filed.

squeezeplae

It is sad that someone so young died because of alcohol. I wonder what would have happened had the homeowner not been armed.

Gallowmere

Holy hell. How many times did this guy think he could pull the same trick before someone actually fired, instead of just pointing?