Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Funny story

Red face Funny story

Hi, so I was in my A&P2 class today and we were taking a small break before lab, my lab partner and I were talking about the steps he needed to take to get his CWP and discussing open carry. The man infront of
    us overheard the conversation and decided we should all no his imput. He explained that if anyone had a need to carry a gun outside of the home for any reason that they were not a man, they were in nice terms p words and should learn to fight with their fist. He also added he loved guns and owned many which I have determined is false since he owns a glock 15! Funny right.... I shot back at him explaining I, unlike him am not taking steroids and i don't feel the need to fight over every little thing. I explained to him that I had been robbed 2 times at gun point and felt safer with my gun since in those situations fighting was out of the question. In reality he is the unmanly person he is more of a child who thinks he has to hit everyone he does not like. I thought you would all love this bit of liberal ignorance at its finest right here in good ole Mississippi.
    Criminals donít open carry, most donít wear holsters, none care that you have a No Gun sign up. Good job to all stores who posts signs, all of you have opened yourself to criminals. They now know that you are weak and they will have no resistance in your place of business.

I've had folks before say to me things along the lines of "real men fight".

I like to reply that fighting is strictly in the provenance of boys Ė which of course precludes men Ė and that anyway real men have responsibilities they cannot afford to jeopardize by engaging in aggressive and/or criminal behavior.

I, for one, will stand my ground and yet defer any sort of physical altercation until my hand is forced. Because that's what men do.

In other words, I won't start a fight. I won't engage in a fight. But if my life is threatened, I will end a fight.

Very well said, thats pretty much how I amd if for some crazy reason I want to get intouch with my
    Childhood and fight with someone I lock the gun up.

Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    I've had folks before say to me things along the lines of "real men fight".

I like to reply that fighting is strictly in the provenance of boys Ė which of course precludes men Ė and that anyway real men have responsibilities they cannot afford to jeopardize by engaging in aggressive and/or criminal behavior.

I, for one, will stand my ground and yet defer any sort of physical altercation until my hand is forced. Because that's what men do.

In other words, I won't start a fight. I won't engage in a fight. But if my life is threatened, I will end a fight.
    Criminals donít open carry, most donít wear holsters, none care that you have a No Gun sign up. Good job to all stores who posts signs, all of you have opened yourself to criminals. They now know that you are weak and they will have no resistance in your place of business.

Dueling is what men do.

"Choose your weapon Sir."
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Dueling is what men do.

"Choose your weapon Sir."
    Oh, good call.

Damn those responsibilities anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Glocklover20 View Post
    we should all no his imput.

I thought you would all love this bit of liberal ignorance at its finest right here in good ole Mississippi.

Quote Originally Posted by XD40sc View Post
    "Let he who is without sinÖ"?

Quote Originally Posted by XD40sc View Post
    why the face? Your not an ignorant liberal are you?

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    why the face? Your not an ignorant liberal are you?
    Not all liberals are ignorant......some just haven't been put to the test yet and found the empty hand wanting.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.Ē Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Well, the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn't so. - Ronadlus Magnus
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    Oh, good call.

Damn those responsibilities anyway.
    lol, yes! Men thought twice about insulting people Im sure.

yeah, im not really into fighting. I go to the gym or run most every weekday. Im 6' 180lbs, in shape etc. But why would i want to fight someone, especially if they're armed with a knife, club, tire iron, firearm or there is 2-3+ individuals who intend to cause me harm? Openly carrying a firearm makes people NOT want to fight you, rob you, hurt you etc. The best of both worlds in my humble opinion.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kopis View Post

yeah, im not really into fighting. I go to the gym or run most every weekday. Im 6' 180lbs, in shape etc. But why would i want to fight someone, especially if they're armed with a knife, club, tire iron, firearm or there is 2-3+ individuals who intend to cause me harm? Openly carrying a firearm makes people NOT want to fight you, rob you, hurt you etc. The best of both worlds in my humble opinion.
    Indeed.

I give up several stones and an inch or more to you, yet enjoy the same benefits.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.Ē Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

From someone who has been there, this idea of 'fighting with your bare hands' is a fantasy that almost all traditional martial artists had in the 1970s and 80s and 90s until they saw what real cage fighting was all about. Back then, when we were children in college (age 17+) we couldn't succeed in team sports, being geeks and having been in the band or chess club. We were 'seduced' by these odd people in pajamas and belts into joining clubs and punching in the air and didn't know any better.

But now, to have these strange ideas is indeed foolish. As one friend said, 'people who scare me are not dissuaded by kicks and pointed sticks', and this was a person skilled in H2H and firearms (a female), and it stuck with me as a concept. I am really not afraid of people who want to use MA or hands and feet. I kind of laugh and just say 'ok, if that makes you happy', because we now know how lame most 'black belts' from the 1970s and 80s really were. Don't let those antiquated ideas bother you. If you have serious self-defense needs, taking classes and earning belts and trophies are not going to help you.

If an elderly, disabled, female or other vulnerable person asks me about SD, I explain they need to have good layered security to give them time and opportunity to get to their firearm(s). I don't send them to a strip mall for a lesson with a guy in a white uniform. I do explain that just having a firearm is only part of the equation, which is 'how to fight', how to deploy, know the law, be alert and prepared and tell them the three "S" rule.
    Last edited by Maverick9; 03-21-2014 at 11:20 PM.

...In reality he is the unmanly person he is more of a child who thinks he has to hit everyone he does not like. I thought you would all love this bit of liberal ignorance at its finest right here in good ole Mississippi.
    So did he hit you? Or did your witty riposte go over his head?
    ďMen live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick9 View Post
    From someone who has been there, this idea of 'fighting with your bare hands' is a fantasy that almost all traditional martial artists had in the 1970s and 80s and 90s until they saw what real cage fighting was all about. Back then, when we were children in college (age 17+) we couldn't succeed in team sports, being geeks and having been in the band or chess club. We were 'seduced' by these odd people in pajamas and belts into joining clubs and punching in the air and didn't know any better.

But now, to have these strange ideas is indeed foolish. As one friend said, 'people who scare me are not dissuaded by kicks and pointed sticks', and this was a person skilled in H2H and firearms (a female), and it stuck with me as a concept. I am really not afraid of people who want to use MA or hands and feet. I kind of laugh and just say 'ok, if that makes you happy', because we now know how lame most 'black belts' from the 1970s and 80s really were. Don't let those antiquated ideas bother you. If you have serious self-defense needs, taking classes and earning belts and trophies are not going to help you.

If an elderly, disabled, female or other vulnerable person asks me about SD, I explain they need to have good layered security to give them time and opportunity to get to their firearm(s). I don't send them to a strip mall for a lesson with a guy in a white uniform. I do explain that just having a firearm is only part of the equation, which is 'how to fight', how to deploy, know the law, be alert and prepared and tell them the three "S" rule.

ummmm....your ideas about martial arts are pretty....misinformed. You must have met some McDojo students. They promote based on ones ability to pay vs traditional training taking years and years and making it a lifestyle.

Its funny how everyone says "don't f with Marines" yet fails to recognize that the USMC has its own martial arts style. That's why they're kicking your ass.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia using Tapatalk and glitchy Windows 8

Quote Originally Posted by wimwag View Post
    ummmm....your ideas about martial arts are pretty....misinformed. You must have met some McDojo students. They promote based on ones ability to pay vs traditional training taking years and years and making it a lifestyle.

Its funny how everyone says "don't f with Marines" yet fails to recognize that the USMC has its own martial arts style. That's why they're kicking your ass.

TMA=mcdojo.

Oh, marines have their own style? What is it; fighting amongst themselves while drunk?

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick9 View Post
    TMA=mcdojo.

Oh, marines have their own style? What is it; fighting amongst themselves while drunk?

MCMAP

Here's a link tough guy. I'd say you're leaving out a bit of your story. Like the part where you responded with bravado and the dude whooped you.

http://www.marines.com/m/videos/-/vi...ram?Mainsite=1

Quote Originally Posted by wimwag View Post

Who says dont F with Marines? If they do must be like "don't hit women".

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    Who says dont F with Marines? If they do must be like "don't hit women".

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

read any news article about a marine doing a good deed or fighting and its in the comments at least once.

"don't hit women?". Cops tell each other that all the time huh

Quote Originally Posted by Kopis View Post

I'm 60 years old, have a permanent rating of 25% loss of use of my right arm due to a full thickness tear of the Rotator Cuff and just had double knee replacements. There is an old adage in the gun culture.....

"Don't (frack) with an old man; he is probably too crippled to run and too old to take a beating; so he'll just stand where he is and kill you".

Traditional martial arts=mcdojo?

I agree that there are many schools teaching BS out there, but then why have warriors and soldiers trained in systems of unarmed defense for centuries?

As a martial arts instructor( Kenpo/MMA/Kickboxing) , we strive very hard to train for reality.

I think you may have some bad history with martial arts, maybe a bad school or got your butt kicked?

Quote Originally Posted by tcbrad98 View Post
    Traditional martial arts=mcdojo?

I agree that there are many schools teaching BS out there, but then why have warriors and soldiers trained in systems of unarmed defense for centuries?

As a martial arts instructor( Kenpo/MMA/Kickboxing) , we strive very hard to train for reality.

I think you may have some bad history with martial arts, maybe a bad school or got your butt kicked?

Nah, he's just one of those "I don't need it because I think I'm badass" guys. He fails to realize that thousands of years of warfare, starting with the very first fistfight, have led to the development of these tactics and simply swinging a fist or rolling on the ground is never enough when it really matters.

Anyone can be badass on the internet though. Or multiple people who have conversations with each other. Right Franky?

The biggest flaws in the macho man's argument:

1) criminals tend not to "fight fair". Violent criminals tend to ambush, surprise, use weapons, choose easy prey (those that are weaker, smaller, etc.), and they don't always stop once they've got you calling "uncle"; it isn't like dealing with the playground bully.

2) adults REASON, unlike children. His equating of manhood with fighting shows only a lack of maturity, as well as his lack of understanding of the criminal mindset.
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

ďLife, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.Ē - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by HPmatt View Post
    So did he hit you? Or did your witty riposte go over his head?
    Oh no....and when I asked a guy he was talking go why he didnt try and fight he said, "well he knows you carry a gun everday" so I guess it did its job and kept my face from hurting and his heart beating.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Young Man View Post
    The biggest flaws in the macho man's argument:

1) criminals tend not to "fight fair". Violent criminals tend to ambush, surprise, use weapons, choose easy prey (those that are weaker, smaller, etc.), and they don't always stop once they've got you calling "uncle"; it isn't like dealing with the playground bully.

2) adults REASON, unlike children. His equating of manhood with fighting shows only a lack of maturity, as well as his lack of understanding of the criminal mindset.
    3) If anyone with common since HAS to fight, and i dont have my firearm, I can alsway find a brick! Fighting is not ment to be "fair" unless its for sport, I will use anything I can to ensure I win and dont get the crap beat out of me because someone feels they need to inflate that timy ego a little more.

I no that I swithed to first person....im to lazy to change it:-)
    Last edited by Glocklover20; 03-23-2014 at 02:58 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast