Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 43

Thread: Pro 2A banks?

  1. #1
    Regular Member Craftymommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    172

    Pro 2A banks?

    So we recently found out our bank is anti 2A so my husband is on the search for a new one. I would frankly just stay where all our accounts are as we have been there for four years with 6 accounts or so to move. Does anyone know of any banks that are pro 2A? We use US Bank and love the experience we had but husband feels our money would be better represented by a bank that has the same views as us in this regard.

    I tried looking back but couldn't find anything. And online searching doesn't reveal anything but the anti 2A banks. Links appreciated

  2. #2
    Regular Member Harley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    33
    For what its worth I do business quite often with a Wells Fargo location on the east side of the valley. I have been going in there OC for a couple yrs now and they have yet to say anything about it. It has never been an issue.

  3. #3
    Campaign Veteran MAC702's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    6,520
    I've never had any issues at Wells Fargo or Chase Banks, but do not know their official corporate policies. I can tell you that when Wells Fargo bought out PriMerit Bank, they took down the "no guns" signs. That's when I reopened the account that I had closed when the sign went up after PriMerit bought out the one before that.

    Bank of the West is where I plan to open my next business account. I've been in there with others while OC as they did their business banking. They are very professional. But I don't know if you needs lots of locations for convenience, which they may not have in your area.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

  4. #4
    Regular Member The Big Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Waco, TX
    Posts
    1,950
    This is not an outright recommendation for Wells Fargo but I have never had an issue in one.

    TBG
    Life member GOA and NRA. Member of SAF, NAGR, TXGR and Cast Bullet Assoc.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas NV, ,
    Posts
    1,763
    Someplace on here from a few years ago I posted my issue at a wells. I called the District office and it was cleared up. I have not carried in mine for a long time, actually since my issue. I just have not a had a need to. I do plan on this year moving to the bank Mac mentions.

  6. #6
    Regular Member Craftymommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    172
    My husband sent a message online to Us Bank and they said it is their corporate policy since it is private property and for the safety of their customers and employees they do not allow weapons. However no signs are posted that we have ever noticed. I think he deleted the email or I would post it. He said that he would be closing his accounts after years of using them and they said they were sorry to hear that but the safety of their customers come first or something like that. How can their customers be safe if they are not allowed to carry their weapons?

    He also went in and talked to Bank of the West and they said they allow conceal carry and with open carry the customer may be asked to leave. However reviews online make me second guess using them...

    Wells Fargo I had read online that they are against guns but possibly not since there are a few that have had no issue. So I don't know what their stance is.

    I Refuse to go back to chase. I had Washington mutual then chase bought them out and I got charged for everything without any notice and no employee would help me with anything so I was just done with them and refuse to do business with them again.


    We don't plan on OC in the bank but to know if they allow carry in any form or what their corporate policies are on it are a plus. CC wouldn't even be noticed but the fact no weapons are allowed on their property, why bother?

  7. #7
    Regular Member Craftymommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    172
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post

    Bank of the West is where I plan to open my next business account. I've been in there with others while OC as they did their business banking. They are very professional. But I don't know if you needs lots of locations for convenience, which they may not have in your area.
    My husband was told he may be asked to leave if he open carries but that they don't really have anything prohibiting it. So maybe depends on your appearance if you look menacing? We have a location not too far from us but we do most banking online aside from my deposits for my business so it doesn't matter too much. However I have read only negative reviews online so I am wary about switching to them.

  8. #8
    Regular Member The Big Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Waco, TX
    Posts
    1,950
    Quote Originally Posted by Craftymommy View Post
    My husband was told he may be asked to leave if he open carries but that they don't really have anything prohibiting it. So maybe depends on your appearance if you look menacing? We have a location not too far from us but we do most banking online aside from my deposits for my business so it doesn't matter too much. However I have read only negative reviews online so I am wary about switching to them.
    Don't ask the business because the chances are they will tell you no, even though they won't say anything if you walk in to do business.
    I'm not sure but it seems to me that Wells Fargo was asked at some point and their answer was "come on down." If there were any problems it has been a long time ago. I have carried in several branches here and away and never had a problem. I carry in 2 branches here in Henderson and never get a problem. There is also a way around in that you could carry at a branch office in a grocery store. The Albertsons on the corner of Boulder Hwy and Lake mead here in Henderson is OC friendly and I also do biz there occasionally.

    Except for the rare occasion most banks seem to be neutral on the subject.

    Again, don't ask. They may never even think about it unless you ask.

    This forum and the experiences of the people on here is your best information.

    TBG
    Life member GOA and NRA. Member of SAF, NAGR, TXGR and Cast Bullet Assoc.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas NV, ,
    Posts
    1,763
    Quote Originally Posted by Craftymommy View Post
    My husband was told he may be asked to leave if he open carries but that they don't really have anything prohibiting it. So maybe depends on your appearance if you look menacing? We have a location not too far from us but we do most banking online aside from my deposits for my business so it doesn't matter too much. However I have read only negative reviews online so I am wary about switching to them.
    To add to the BigGuys words. One reason to NOT call or ask, is that the employees will repeat the employee handbook ban on weapons which has no bearing on a customer. Also by calling or asking or email you are giving them a false sense of power over you.

    Please ask your husband to come here and post or ask questions through you and read and understand that there is NO reason in Nevada to go around asking permission from private business.

  10. #10
    Regular Member turborich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    175
    I would much rather bank with Navy Federal Credit Union where I receive EXCELLENT service who just happens to be anti gun versus Wells Fargo who caters to Illegal Aliens and charges fees up the ying yang.
    Last edited by turborich; 03-21-2014 at 06:54 PM.

  11. #11
    Regular Member The Big Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Waco, TX
    Posts
    1,950
    Quote Originally Posted by turborich View Post
    I would much rather bank with Navy Federal Credit Union where I receive EXCELLENT service who just happens to be anti gun versus Wells Fargo who caters to Illegal Aliens and charges fees up the ying yang.
    You said "just happens to be anti gun?" I get EXCELLENT service at Wells Fargo. I don't pay excessive fees. In fact, I don't know of any fees I pay there. When I'm in their branches I don't seem to notice the flood of illegals you claim are there. Does Wells Fargo have some problems, yup. Laundering drug money comes to mind. On the other hand so have many of the top banks. One of the things I like about them is they just happen to not care about my legally carried firearm.

    TBG
    Last edited by The Big Guy; 03-21-2014 at 11:11 PM.
    Life member GOA and NRA. Member of SAF, NAGR, TXGR and Cast Bullet Assoc.

  12. #12
    Regular Member Craftymommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    172
    Well his reason for asking on banks are because of BofA who claimed to not even do business with gun manufacturers more than carrying on their property. I know we have a Wells Fargo over by us in a Vons that we frequent but I have had friends who had bad experiences with them. I am content where I am banking but husband not so much. I don't know I guess it is a matter of priorities and what is more important to us at this point. He is at his CCW class today. But he also hasn't pushed finding a new bank since he first brought it up so I don't know what his intentions are anymore. I like US Bank. Great customer service, we have. O fees, I even have a business account with no fees through them and I don't want to give that up since it seems every other bank charges on business accounts no matter how few transactions or money passed through the account.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    united states
    Posts
    627
    Ive yet to have an issue in citibank

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

  14. #14
    Regular Member The Big Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Waco, TX
    Posts
    1,950
    Quote Originally Posted by Craftymommy View Post
    Well his reason for asking on banks are because of BofA who claimed to not even do business with gun manufacturers more than carrying on their property. I know we have a Wells Fargo over by us in a Vons that we frequent but I have had friends who had bad experiences with them. I am content where I am banking but husband not so much. I don't know I guess it is a matter of priorities and what is more important to us at this point. He is at his CCW class today. But he also hasn't pushed finding a new bank since he first brought it up so I don't know what his intentions are anymore. I like US Bank. Great customer service, we have. O fees, I even have a business account with no fees through them and I don't want to give that up since it seems every other bank charges on business accounts no matter how few transactions or money passed through the account.
    What could be more important than your children's future and your liberty?

    TBG
    Life member GOA and NRA. Member of SAF, NAGR, TXGR and Cast Bullet Assoc.

  15. #15
    Regular Member Craftymommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    172
    It is important but the same time I don't know if it is a battle I want to wage since I have a great banking relationship with my bank.. I want to find out which banks actually support gun companies and will do business with them and support the right to carry. So far we know Bank of the West will do business but not so much allow open carry. I think I am going to create a list of banks and their stance of firearms since I can't find anything online. Unless I am just not searching the right things.

  16. #16
    Regular Member Craftymommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    172
    Of course I search with one word different now I find these articles

    http://www.wnd.com/2013/08/taking-ai...firearm-banks/

    http://www.firearmscoalition.org/ind...ate&Itemid=144

    http://blogs.wsj.com/corporate-intel...-their-stores/


    http://www.armedlutheran.us/anti-gun...gun-companies/


    The following have stopped doing business with firearms related companies:
    Bank of America
    Chase
    Wells Fargo
    GE Capital (behind a few retail credit cards that I am aware of)
    Intuit
    Square
    Pay Anywhere


    One bank that allows open carry
    Bank of Oklahoma

    And my car insurance company, Geico. Of course. Oh well guess we all have to start some where and now I have a few lists to go off of. However I couldn't find anything on US Bank refusing to do business with firearms companies so it may be worth staying with. And they have no metal detectors so couldn't we just CC since no signs are posted that we have ever seen?



    http://www.bizjournals.com/twincitie....html?page=all

    Found US Bank finally. So they will do business with legal firearms companies. However how do they determine who is legal and who is not?
    Last edited by Craftymommy; 03-24-2014 at 01:12 PM.

  17. #17
    Regular Member z28power's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    143
    Quote Originally Posted by Craftymommy View Post
    And they have no metal detectors so couldn't we just CC since no signs are posted that we have ever seen?
    I'm glad you brought up this commonly misinterpreted statement so we can clear it up for you.

    Be aware that signs in Nevada carry NO WEIGHT OF LAW, unless on a public building and posted at all public entrances.. A public building is only a local/state/federal government operated facility such as a courthouse, DMV, Police station, etc.

    Additionally, these signs can ONLY apply to CC per NRS statute 202.3673. Open Carry is preempted by State Law and cannot be restricted further.

    Please remember, I am specifically talking about buildings where signs must be heeded. Now, as a matter of practice places with signs will typically ask you to leave if you are OC at a private business - this is their prerogative and you must leave or risk trespassing charges. However you can legally ignore the sign up to that point without feeling at all guilty if you choose. Some people do respect the sign as an indication of the company's stance on 2A and will patron another establishment instead.

    Also, the laws are still clear on Post Office property, daycare facilities, and any school campus - don't bring any weapons to these places

    Basically what I'm saying is: Open Carry if there's a sign or not if you choose, or CC if there's a sign or not if you choose when it's a private business. The sign legally has no backing of law on it's own.
    Last edited by z28power; 03-24-2014 at 01:22 PM. Reason: added nrs statute

  18. #18
    Regular Member Craftymommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    172
    Quote Originally Posted by z28power View Post
    I'm glad you brought up this commonly misinterpreted statement so we can clear it up for you.

    Be aware that signs in Nevada carry NO WEIGHT OF LAW, unless on a public building and posted at all public entrances.. A public building is only a local/state/federal government operated facility such as a courthouse, DMV, Police station, etc.

    Additionally, these signs can ONLY apply to CC per NRS statute 202.3673. Open Carry is preempted by State Law and cannot be restricted further.

    Please remember, I am specifically talking about buildings where signs must be heeded. Now, as a matter of practice places with signs will typically ask you to leave if you are OC at a private business - this is their prerogative and you must leave or risk trespassing charges. However you can legally ignore the sign up to that point without feeling at all guilty if you choose. Some people do respect the sign as an indication of the company's stance on 2A and will patron another establishment instead.

    Also, the laws are still clear on Post Office property, daycare facilities, and any school campus - don't bring any weapons to these places

    Basically what I'm saying is: Open Carry if there's a sign or not if you choose, or CC if there's a sign or not if you choose when it's a private business. The sign legally has no backing of law on it's own.

    I know signs don't really mean anything but just with their beliefs on carrying I don't want them to tell me to leave which is where CC comes in only unfortunate part of that, I want to have a home daycare which will fall under the no firearms once I become licensed. I watch kids now and their parents know I have firearms in my home that the kids have no access to, however the day I become licensed then even the parents couldn't carry if they normally do. I don't know if there is any exemption to that though but it is a few years coming anyway

  19. #19
    Campaign Veteran MAC702's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    6,520
    Quote Originally Posted by Craftymommy View Post
    ... I want to have a home daycare which will fall under the no firearms once I become licensed. I watch kids now and their parents know I have firearms in my home that the kids have no access to, however the day I become licensed then even the parents couldn't carry if they normally do. I don't know if there is any exemption to that though but it is a few years coming anyway
    The current exception is with written permission of the child care owner. So as the owner, you can give that written permission to any whom you think would want it.

    Also, I've NEVER heard of an enforcement of this part of the law. It could only happen if you were to call the police, really.
    Last edited by MAC702; 03-24-2014 at 02:08 PM.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

  20. #20
    Regular Member Craftymommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    172
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    The current exception is with written permission of the child care owner. So as the owner, you can give that written permission to any whom you think would want it.

    Also, I've NEVER heard of an enforcement of this part of the law. It could only happen if you were to call the police, really.
    Good to know. I haven't even seen that as an option and I've read the various laws a few times. I will Just post a sign I have seen, gun holders welcome and accurate marksmanship appreciated. Or something along those lines like my door mat now: due to the shortage of ammo there will be no warning shot.


    Back to banks though, is it worth it to stay where I am since they do business with firearms companies even though they seem to prohibit weapons on the premises( will check next time I go for signs)

  21. #21
    Campaign Veteran MAC702's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    6,520
    Quote Originally Posted by Craftymommy View Post
    Good to know. I haven't even seen that as an option and I've read the various laws a few times...
    Didn't they cover that in your husband's "free" CCW class?
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

  22. #22
    Regular Member Craftymommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    172
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    Didn't they cover that in your husband's "free" CCW class?
    I have no idea what they covered. All he kept talking on and on about was how Utah is a lot better if it actually comes to using your firearm for self defense. So I asked if he wants to move to Utah, he says no. I don't understand him sometimes

  23. #23
    Campaign Veteran MAC702's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    6,520
    Quote Originally Posted by Craftymommy View Post
    I have no idea what they covered. All he kept talking on and on about was how Utah is a lot better if it actually comes to using your firearm for self defense....
    Interesting. I'd sure like to know what they told him to give him that impression. Criminally, there is little significant difference. Civilly, outside the home, you might be sued for self-defense in Nevada, so that is a significant difference, yes.
    Last edited by MAC702; 03-24-2014 at 03:49 PM.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

  24. #24
    Regular Member Craftymommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    172
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    Interesting. I'd sure like to know what they told him to give him that impression.
    I don't remember all the details of what he said but the gist of it was that they cannot sue you in Utah, like the family of the person you shot in self defense or the business you were in if you stopped a criminal. I guess here they can? Umm. Trying to rack my brain for what else he was saying last night when I was half asleep and he was filling out his paperwork for his permit... Something about stand your ground laws, where here you shouldn't go for a head shot if at all possible because then it is excessive force to stop the threat or something like that. Can't shoot a person in the back here and if they are running away you can't stop them, Utah you can. Though he was told the two places to make a head shot if needed but the instructor said that he cannot advise them to make a head shot in the face of a threat.

    I will have to ask once he gets home tonight for the exact details on what he learned. Or have him make an account. He hardly goes online except email and facebook so the latter may prove difficult.

    He keeps telling me to go take the class but I want to take a firearms class for me to get more comfortable before I attempt the ccw test. Downside is I have no time during the week when I have seen all the classes being hosted for women only.

  25. #25
    Campaign Veteran MAC702's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    6,520
    Quote Originally Posted by Craftymommy View Post
    I don't remember all the details of what he said but the gist of it was that they cannot sue you in Utah, like the family of the person you shot in self defense or the business you were in if you stopped a criminal. I guess here they can? Umm. Trying to rack my brain for what else he was saying last night when I was half asleep and he was filling out his paperwork for his permit... Something about stand your ground laws, where here you shouldn't go for a head shot if at all possible because then it is excessive force to stop the threat or something like that. Can't shoot a person in the back here and if they are running away you can't stop them, Utah you can. Though he was told the two places to make a head shot if needed but the instructor said that he cannot advise them to make a head shot in the face of a threat.

    I will have to ask once he gets home tonight for the exact details on what he learned. Or have him make an account. He hardly goes online except email and facebook so the latter may prove difficult.

    He keeps telling me to go take the class but I want to take a firearms class for me to get more comfortable before I attempt the ccw test. Downside is I have no time during the week when I have seen all the classes being hosted for women only.
    Looks like I edited my reply at the same time to guess that it probably had to do with the lawsuit potential. We still have a very pro-self-defense standards here to where I don't really worry about it. For the most part a good shoot is a good shoot.

    As for head shots and back shots, these things will be the same in both states as to whether or not you were justified in doing so or tactically should do so. I can't believe he was taught you can shoot someone in the back running from you in UT. While there are some times where this is theoretically possible (i.e. preventing kidnapping), the same would apply in Nevada.

    The "CCW test" is nothing to worry about. The standard is very easy, as it should be. The written test is a joke. But that said, you will learn mostly safety, weapons familiarity, and laws in the class. It is not about advanced stuff. You even have a full year to turn in the application after taking the class.

    I'm in the process of acquiring a neutral location where I will hold some group classes for the members here. That will be a way for me to do it much more cheaply than my current private rates.
    Last edited by MAC702; 03-24-2014 at 08:45 PM.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •