Thread: Question about Armored carriers

Question about Armored carriers

I work for an Armored car service, and we make trips from Lexington KY to Cincinnati every day on our way to the Federal Reserve and several banks in Cincinnati. We are always OC armed while in these buildings. We have company uniforms and ID badges.
    Question I have, being from KY, is it legal for us to OC around in Cincinnati? Most of us do have our CCDW from KY. I have heard that we need to get some kind of out of state permit in case we are stopped by LEO's.
    Thanks for your help.
    Comm

Quote Originally Posted by Comm View Post
    I work for an Armored car service, and we make trips from Lexington KY to Cincinnati every day on our way to the Federal Reserve and several banks in Cincinnati. We are always OC armed while in these buildings. We have company uniforms and ID badges.
    Question I have, being from KY, is it legal for us to OC around in Cincinnati? Most of us do have our CCDW from KY. I have heard that we need to get some kind of out of state permit in case we are stopped by LEO's.
    Thanks for your help.
    Comm
    You're good to go - you don't need a license from in or out of state to OC as long as you're not prohibited from possessing a handgun/firearm.

And the FGFSZ stuff is B.S. that you needn't worry about, as far as I'm concerned.

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Under Ohio law a security guard working in Ohio as a security guard must be licensed to carry. That license does not allow conceal carry and does not allow carry in a vehicle. A conceal carry license is required. Your Kentucky license would cover you carrying in a vehicle in Ohio.

But, I don't think Cincinnati police would bother you. And Cincinnati police interfering with security guards protecting federal reserve notes, even on lunch brake would not be wise.

I sometimes see those armored car guards, as part of their jobs, carrying their sidearms into buildings that are festooned with 'No Guns Allowed!" signage. It makes me laugh more than anything else, and certainly the business(es) that are using the armored service aren't going to blow the whistle. I called out the GM of a restaurant that was allowing that very thing to happen. She rolled her eyes and stated that the gunbuster signage came straight from corporate, she absolutely doesn't believe the signs have any merit.