Thread: FNG here with a question as well.

FNG here with a question as well.

My names Dave and by my handle I am a real in the flesh 3D person. Im just getting back into shooting and decided to Open Carry as often as the situation allows. One of the things I was wondering was, is there a list of Open and/or Conceal carry friendly businesses? I know the couple here in Woodbridge like Panda Express and Walmart, but was curious if a list was up. I like to walk after lunch on my one day off during the week and I had been having lunch at Potomac Mills. Ive sent a request for their policy on the matter. Other than that, Ive answered many of my questions just browsing the topics. Thanks in advance and I hope to be of some help in the future.

Welcome Dave!

VCDL has an 'unfriendly list' here: (Potomac Mills Mall is fairly well known as being 'unfriendly' btw...)
    http://vcdl.org/gue

I would also suggest signing up for their free VA-Alert emails to help keep up with gun rights in Virginia:
    http://vcdl.org/va-alert

And of course if you decide to join, you may do so here:
    http://vcdl.org/join

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Welcome Dave and good to see another OC'er.

No reliable lists I know of, the ones that are out there are upgraded on an irregular basis. Just look for signs.

There is a rule which I don't completely agree with. Never ask....That's fine most of the time but there are occasions when I want to know, so I do ask...but most of the time, I just carry and it's a rare thing when I go into an unfriendly business.

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    Welcome Dave and good to see another OC'er.

No reliable lists I know of, the ones that are out there are upgraded on an irregular basis. Just look for signs.

There is a rule which I don't completely agree with. Never ask....That's fine most of the time but there are occasions when I want to know, so I do ask...but most of the time, I just carry and it's a rare thing when I go into an unfriendly business.
    In the seven years I have been OC'ing on a regular basis, I have never encountered a business that asked me to leave because of my visible sidearm
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBoy View Post
    In the seven years I have been OC'ing on a regular basis, I have never encountered a business that asked me to leave because of my visible sidearm
    I don't recall one either SB. There have been a few times when I was asked to not carry openly the next time I come back, but not to leave. I have a theory about the people that are booted out. It's not the gun, it's because they're ugly

I don't recall one either SB. There have been a few times when I was asked to not carry openly the next time I come back, but not to leave. I have a theory about the people that are booted out. It's not the gun, it's because they're ugly
    Well hell. Ill never get to go back to any of the places I go armed or otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by 3D Dave View Post
    Well hell. Ill never get to go back to any of the places I go armed or otherwise.

Deleted by poster due to duplication.
    Last edited by SouthernBoy; 03-22-2014 at 05:05 AM.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

America First!

Were that the case, I would never have been allowed past their threshold. Or to paraphrase a line in a Bo Diddly song, "I ain't ugly. I just ruined... that's all".

America First!