• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Americans need to grow a freakin' brain

since9

Campaign Veteran
Chime in, people, as I know you're out there.

It's no longer a matter of countless philosophical discussions. Things have deteriorated extremely rapidly, and we're back to WWII, if not soon WWI questions: Are you an American?

Here in the United States of America, we have a FANTASTIC RESOURCE the people of other downtrodden nations never had. Would you like to know what that resource is? It's WE THE PEOPLE

Naturally, everyone must formulate their own response. That response varies depending upon life, time in country, station, etc.

MY RESPONSE VARIES NOT.

HERE IS MY RESPONSE: "I, Steven L. Janss, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God."

Before the haters pounce, please realize there are at least 50 million people here in the United States of America who stand behind all Airmen, Soldiers, Marines, Navy personnel, and Coasties.

Bottom line, I'm smack dab online with the U.S. Constitution (it's a straightforward read, after all), and vehemently oppose any and all further intrusion into the lives of our American people.

OC for ME

I'd like to think about the standing behind the Airmen part for a wee bit. I'll get back to you. Also, not a big fan of the Brown Shoe Navy, nor Marines who ain't Mud Marines. I got no beef with any Dogface either. ;)

skidmark

Campaign Veteran

Before the haters pounce, please realize there are at least 50 million people here in the United States of America who stand behind all Airmen, Soldiers, Marines, Navy personnel, and Coasties.

1 - How come Navy are "personnel" and not sailors?

2 - "All"? No. Not by several country miles. There are enough that I will gleefully push to the front (or over the cliff) for what they have done/are doing to screw over those that deserve respect and support. Not so surprizingly, that happens in any organization once it reaches a certain not-so-very-large critical mass.

So it looks like you are down to 5M-2 (or is it 5M-1.5 since OC for ME) seems to be a bit wishy-washy) already.

stay safe.