Thread: Constitutional carry to be voted on next week

Constitutional carry to be voted on next week

Per Iowa gun owners Facebook page the constitutional carry bill will be a forced procedural vote next week.

Centurion

Would you have a link to that?

Quote Originally Posted by lucas340 View Post
    Per Iowa gun owners Facebook page the constitutional carry bill will be a forced procedural vote next week.
    I will look for it, but it would be nice if you posted a link.

A forced vote could mean quite a few different things.

Here is the message on Iowa Gun Owners:

"Rep. Tom Shaw, our bill sponsor for Constitutional Carry legislation (HF2284) in the Iowa House, has informed his leadership that he will be forcing this bill to the Floor next week via procedural motions!!!

Are you sick of getting "uh ha - uh ha" from your legislator when you ask him/her where he stands? We are too. But after next week we'll know where EVERYONE in the Iowa House stands.

They'll have no place to hide!

Please call your legislator in the House by calling the switchboard at 515-281-3221 and FLOOD their voice mail boxes with calls - insist that they vote YES on Constitutional Carry next week or face angry voters down the road. LIKE and SHARE!!"

https://www.facebook.com/likeiowagunowners

From what I have seen, these sort of tactics rarely work. They take real skill to pull off, as well as cooperation with many other legislators. I have my doubts that this will happen.
    Last edited by ccwinstructor; 03-23-2014 at 06:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ccwinstructor View Post
    I will look for it, but it would be nice if you posted a link.

A forced vote could mean quite a few different things....

From what I have seen, these sort of tactics rarely work. They take real skill to pull off, as well as cooperation with many other legislators. I have my doubts that this will happen.
    Yes, they have tried this kind of thing before, and they have zero chance of succeeding in passing it.

(If anyone is interested in information on the honesty / reliability of the guys who run IGO, Google search for information on Dorr Sorenson election money scandle . and don't forget to give them more money, as every single email says.