• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I joined the NRA

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I know....I have no great love for many of the NRA.s policies but I have been a member of GOA for years and this year I found I had a fair amount of membership money and nowhere to use it.

Sunday hunting is a big deal for me and thousands of others in this state...and hunting is also the biggest source of gun owners we have. I worked hard on it and several things happened.

One, VaHDA, the largest hunting organization in the state and the main opponent of Sunday Hunting, got it's head handed to it and is falling apart because they only represented a small, elite group and ignored the wishes of most of their members. Good riddance to bad trash.

Two, a number of pro hunting and Second amendment groups joined in the fight. The NRA was right there beside us the whole time and honestly, it wouldn't have happened without their lobbyists and other support.

In short, even though I don't agree with much they lobby for, they were there doing more than giving lip service and taking undeserved bows, when we needed them.

So I paid for memberships for myself and a few others.

BillB

The NRA has upped its game in the last year or so. I reenlisted for two years.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I find it necessary to maintain my membership so that the number of watch lists I am on does not decrease. So, yes, it is personal.

Also, they have basically been getting better the last few years. (And I turned off the snail mail/email renewal avalanche as well as all the other spam.:D)

stay safe.