• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Senator Attempts to Disarm Sheriffs at Oklahoma State Capitol

Aknazer

Honestly I'm not bothered by this one bit. If the masses can't have guns in there then the off-duty sheriffs shouldn't be able to either (if they were truly on-duty to provide security for the building then it would be a different story). Tearing down these "privileged few" exemptions will hopefully get them on our side and ultimately lead to more freedoms for all.

okiephlyer

Honestly I'm not bothered by this one bit. If the masses can't have guns in there then the off-duty sheriffs shouldn't be able to either (if they were truly on-duty to provide security for the building then it would be a different story). Tearing down these "privileged few" exemptions will hopefully get them on our side and ultimately lead to more freedoms for all.

The "privileged few" in this case would be the senator that complained. Sheriff Colbert is a staunch supporter of 2A freedoms and is part of the sheriff's organization that has publicly stated they will not enforce O's gun control laws. Sheriff Colbert is on our side.
I submit that the sheriff's did what many of us would do if asked to disarm, they chose to leave.

websterz

More evidence that irrational people fear the gun more so than the person carrying it. The senator has nothing to fear from a law enforcement officer so he chooses to vilify the inanimate object. That is what we must overcome. A good man is still a good man whether or not he is armed.

davidmcbeth

Banned
The "privileged few" in this case would be the senator that complained. Sheriff Colbert is a staunch supporter of 2A freedoms and is part of the sheriff's organization that has publicly stated they will not enforce O's gun control laws. Sheriff Colbert is on our side.
I submit that the sheriff's did what many of us would do if asked to disarm, they chose to leave.

"How are we going to shoot any dogs without our guns? Or blue pickups? Or red pickups? "awwww, come-on!"

Aknazer

I understand that. I just wish that things like this would happen more often and to those that aren't on our side as that would help to bring more to our side. I am also glad that they chose to leave than comply with the request. It is by tearing down special privileges that we will be able to get those that aren't on our side to slowly come over to our side.

Although by this happening to people on our side it can actually help us by giving them more ammo to try and get their fellow LEOs to come over to our side. Whereas if this happened to LEOs not on our side then they would likely just try to push for a special exemption for theirselves instead of pushing for something that helps all.