• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pretty good solution to some OC problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
If one has such an issue with retention then I would say that they need a better holster.

This is Truth!

I would submit there is always an issue with retention, with being visible, with access, with body position.........

Really?

i realized how inconsiderate and one sided most people are on here. its like OC is a religon to some here....

We almost had a winner. Open Carry is not a religion mate, it is a way of life for a great deal of us. You, on the other hand, seem to extol the virtue of concealed. We do not think badly of you because you conceal, we just choose to be more Honest about it.

g21sfpistol

Banned
Really? Not much, I'd say. You do of course realize that deleted remarks are saved via our editing function and that infractions are awarded for such behavior.

Referring to locked threads is a poor defense for bad conduct. You might extend your longevity here by being more responsible and adhering to the forum rules.

i became, what you would call uncivil, when others would continue their uncivil bashing. I'm sure those are saved in your editing functions as well.

g21sfpistol

Banned
I myself have several members here on "ignore" because they are a-holes. Do the same if you aren't getting civil conversation. But you can only really do this if you yourself remain civil to the rest of them.

I already know the answer to this, but have you EVER heard of a bad guy grabbing a gun from any retention holster on the side of anyone who wasn't a cop? Again, if you REALLY worry about this, consider buying alien abduction insurance. I'm trying to emphasize how this just won't happen. But if it does make you feel better, there are some retention holsters out there that are all but impossible to defeat. And this would be far more effective than any concealing (these same bad guys you worry about will probably know you carry a concealed firearm) garment or use of your hands for retention.

http://www.annarbor.com/news/crime/unarmed-man-attempts-to-rob-emu-student-carrying-holstered-gun/

thats just one i found in a minute. I'm sure a few hours of research i could find more.

g21sfpistol

Banned
I have to ask... if you are carrying a gun but are not a police officer ... why would you get into a scuffle with some guy in the first place?

was this a serious question? people who are none LE get into scuffles with dirt bags all the time. i would hope you aren't that naive. then again if you OC i see this is the mind set. you are showing your gun and you are untouchable.

g21sfpistol

Banned
This is Truth!

Really?

We almost had a winner. Open Carry is not a religion mate, it is a way of life for a great deal of us. You, on the other hand, seem to extol the virtue of concealed. We do not think badly of you because you conceal, we just choose to be more Honest about it.

i am being honest about it. but it brings tears to some on here.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Really? Not much, I'd say. You do of course realize that deleted remarks are saved via our editing function and that infractions are awarded for such behavior.

Referring to locked threads is a poor defense for bad conduct. You might extend your longevity here by being more responsible and adhering to the forum rules.

i became, what you would call uncivil, when others would continue their uncivil bashing. I'm sure those are saved in your editing functions as well.
We do not generally discuss moderation of one poster with another; however soft editing is automatically saved.

It would seem that you are determined to reach an unenviable goal of self-elimination here. Would prefer that you prove me wrong.

DaveT319

Look, how can you not understand that coming on to a message board called "OpenCarry.org", extolling the advantages of CC over OC, and not backing up those assertions with any definitive proof is not going to sit well with the people here? Are you that dense?

For instance, you said that the tactical advantage of CC is that a bad guy doesn't know you're carrying. We pointed out that that would leave the bad guy thinking you are another unarmed victim, while OC shows the bad guy that you won't be a victim. You then claimed that it would give you the "element of surprise", apparently not thinking that if you have a gun in YOUR face it becomes tough to draw a concealed weapon without getting shot first. You never gave a response to that.

Or how about your assertion that you can draw from CC faster than from OC, which many of us KNOW is an absurd statement to make, yet you never backed up. Anytime you add a step to something - in this case, having to move an article of clothing out of the way to clear your draw - it is going to add time. AND the time added for that does not really compare to the time added disabling retention features. You have yet to counter that in any meaningful way other than "uh-huh", which isn't exactly proof.

This is the problem we have: you crap on OC in favor of CC, but nothing you have brought up really proves that it's better. You just keep yelling louder and getting more defensive, which may work for a 5 year old to win an argument, but not against intelligent adults. When you can manage that, then maybe we can take you a little more seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.