• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Collier County Fair

im4Christ92

Collier County Fair - No Firearms

I was just denied entry with my weapon. Having to put it in the truck.

They say the county owns the land but it is leased by Collier County Fair Board. I spoke with a CC Sheriff Lt. that denied entry...got his card.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

conandan

Are they searching you as you enter now? How did they know you were carrying?

I've carried at the south Florida fair in west palm. They have had signs posted for no weapons but never searched before, but I haven't been in a few years

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
What kind of preemption does FL have? In Ohio, local govts cannot override state law, AND county fair boards/entities are considered governmental units.

VA goes one step further, I believe, but I'm not sure of the particulars.

StogieC

Campaign Veteran
I was just denied entry with my weapon. Having to put it in the truck.

They say the county owns the land but it is leased by Collier County Fair Board. I spoke with a CC Sheriff Lt. that denied entry...got his card.

We're dealing with this.

im4Christ92

Awesome. Thanks Stogie. Conandan - they had magnetometers at the entrance. I called a deputy over prior to going through and told him I was carrying.

TiredPete

I attended the South Florida Fair in Palm Beach county this year. They did have a security checkpoint looking through peoples bags but no signs posted about weapons. I had a ankle holster and no bags so I didn't have to deal with it and strolled past the tables.

Last edited: