Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Movie Theatre

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    44

    Movie Theatre

    I know in some states it a illigeal to carry in the movies but has anyone ever run into that issue in nevada?

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Pointy end and slightly to the left
    Posts
    1,539
    Quote Originally Posted by Castleninja View Post
    I know in some states it a illigeal to carry in the movies but has anyone ever run into that issue in nevada?
    All the theaters I know of are not in a government facility therefore are a private business and it is not illegal to carry in them. However most theaters have a no gun policy which is there rule not a law. If seen with a gun in a theater with a no gun rule they will ask you to leave, if one refuses they can ramp it up to a trespass. Best to leave. If you end up in need to spend money in a anti 2nd Amendment theater and have a CCW permit, concealing like open carry is legal however will be out of site and no need from them to invoke their no gun rule.

  3. #3
    Regular Member The Big Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Waco, TX
    Posts
    1,950
    Quote Originally Posted by Castleninja View Post
    I know in some states it a illigeal to carry in the movies but has anyone ever run into that issue in nevada?
    Yes. Cinedome 12 In Henderson. Was asked to leave and refunded my ticket. The corporation was written to by several people and they did not answer anyone as I recall. I would say that generally they don't allow it and you will be asked to leave for OC. You are good to go with a CCP as it comes under the old what they don't know doesn't hurt them. No law broken.

    TBG
    Life member GOA and NRA. Member of SAF, NAGR, TXGR and Cast Bullet Assoc.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Fallon, NV
    Posts
    577
    Quote Originally Posted by Castleninja View Post
    I know in some states it a illigeal to carry in the movies but has anyone ever run into that issue in nevada?
    That's a pretty general statement. Can you provide some of the states/cites?
    Hoka hey

  5. #5
    Campaign Veteran MAC702's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    6,520
    I can't remember which, but I know there are some, including some that arbitrarily prohibit carry in a facility designed to hold XXX amount of people, many theatres included.

    Aurora, if not all of CO, is a place where the "No guns" signs have force of law, so any of these states will count if the theatre is posted.

    Nevada, of course, is free in this regard. You only risk being told to leave.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fallon, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    5,580
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    I can't remember which, but I know there are some, including some that arbitrarily prohibit carry in a facility designed to hold XXX amount of people, many theatres included.

    Aurora, if not all of CO, is a place where the "No guns" signs have force of law, so any of these states will count if the theatre is posted.

    Nevada, of course, is free in this regard. You only risk being told to leave.
    I do not know about Aurora specifically, but all of CO is misconstrued as such a place by the handgunlaw.us website, iirc. I have been in several discussions in the CO forum area about that specific, and the state statutes do not support that view of the law, but I was vehemently shouted down whenever I attempted to actually discuss the actual verbiage in the CO statutes.

    But, "WOOT!" they have actually modified their pdf for CO, after the discussions I had, and after subsequently contacting them.

    http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/colorado.pdf


    Here is the poll that since9 created after getting mad at me: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...light=trespass

    And the thread where it became heated:
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...57#post1605757 RMGO was passing it off as 'law' that signage constituted notice of trespass, referencing the handgunlaw.us website, which was subsequently corrected.
    Last edited by wrightme; 03-26-2014 at 10:24 PM.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

  7. #7
    Campaign Veteran MAC702's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    6,520
    Quote Originally Posted by wrightme View Post
    I do not know about Aurora specifically, but all of CO is misconstrued as such a place by the handgunlaw.us website, iirc. I have been in several discussions in the CO forum area about that specific, and the state statutes do not support that view of the law, but I was vehemently shouted down whenever I attempted to actually discuss the actual verbiage in the CO statutes.

    But, "WOOT!" they have actually modified their pdf for CO, after the discussions I had, and after subsequently contacting them.

    http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/colorado.pdf


    Here is the poll that since9 created after getting mad at me: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...light=trespass

    And the thread where it became heated:
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...57#post1605757 RMGO was passing it off as 'law' that signage constituted notice of trespass, referencing the handgunlaw.us website, which was subsequently corrected.
    It could be that I was led astray on that state then. I will concede the complications may require someone who follows CO laws more closely. Thanks.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •