• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

what is with WRAL's sensational news reporting?

solus

watching bit of the basketball games yesterday and WRAL constantly broke in about the UNC being in lock down, ESPN also mentioned it.

http://www.wral.com/suspect-in-custody-following-unc-campus-lockdown/13504466/

yet lo and behold it was an individual with a knife that caused campus and the entire town's police to roll out, in mass, to take care of this young man who allegedly had a beef with another individual as well as an encounter the night before with several students walking late at night.

as the uni Chancellor compliments the students and town responders for shutting down the university over a knife, it just re-enforces the students to react and act like spineless, individuals, as none of the students bothered to work at taking control of the situation.

'fraid, during my time at OState there would be a battered young adult laying on the ground wondering what the devil hit him and some frat person would have a new letter opener to show the gurls...

ipse

Last edited:

Holliday

When I heard that report I wondered myself if the "weapon" they kept referring to was a knife or not. The way the reporter kept saying "a man spotted on campus with a weapon" made me wonder if it were not just a bunch of idiots with an audience rather than an actual emergency. :banghead: :cuss:

XD40sc

Lock down's at schools from elementary to college are designed to teach the young to be cowards and sheep, incapable or unwilling to defend themselves and to be complacent to our militarized law enforcement system. They are designed to teach the next generation to be pure sheeple, dependent on a government that really doesn't give a damn about them to protect them. But also not to be a threat to the government and the escalating erosion of rights and freedoms.

And the success of this psychological warfare against the citizens by our government is disturbing in how successful it is. Just a continuation of invasive searches to get on a plane and watching a 6 year old kid and her 80 year old grandmother be groped by a government goon.

Resto Guy

I've noticed that a crime involving a weapon is usually associated with the word "school", if by any stretch of the imagination it occurred within ten blocks of the named school. And if school is in session a lock down is in order. Sensationalism at it's finest.

XD40sc

"Lockdown" is a ploy to 'train' people to be cowards, thus victims. Bad guys love it, no one will challenge them, their worst obstacle might be locked doors.

We need "shooter in the area, get the bastard" mindset which would scare the hell out of these sicko's. Even if it was only 1 our of 100 people that are armed and refuse to merely cower in a corner.

But every time it is always "run and hide" recommendation, sadly even on the largest Army base in the country, which by the way is a GFZ