Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Go camping is hazardous to your health

Banned

Go camping is hazardous to your health

http://krqe.com/2014/03/21/apd-offic...was-justified/

Chief Eden called the shooting justified at the news conference, saying officers used non-lethal force first and that there was a direct threat made at an unarmed K9 officer. According to Chief Eden, Boyd was less than eight feet from the unarmed canine officer.

I don't see the shooting as justified ... does anyone?

You see six or more LEOs in the video all armed with AR15s. It seems a little excessive considering there is just one crazy homeless guy. He's camping in the middle of nowhere, why were they even bothering him?

reminds me of the incident in dallas TX i believe? Two LEOs responded to a mental health hospital for a man that only had one arm and one leg, one officer walked up and shot the guy in the head point blank after he claimed the mentally ill man cornered his partner and threatened him with a pen! justified shooting of course. i mean, what able bodied man would be capable of restraining a man missing 2/4 limbs??

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    http://krqe.com/2014/03/21/apd-offic...was-justified/

Chief Eden called the shooting justified at the news conference, saying officers used non-lethal force first and that there was a direct threat made at an unarmed K9 officer. According to Chief Eden, Boyd was less than eight feet from the unarmed canine officer.

I don't see the shooting as justified ... does anyone?
    They are heros... Executed a dangerous criminal for the capital offense of camping without a permit.

This is awesome. I love it when good HD quality video with audio comes out to show exactly how police work.

Lets see...... police tell a man to pack up his stuff and start walking down so the man packs up his stuff and appears to start to walk down but the police throw a stun grenade at him anyway and then open fire with multiple assault rifles. Then when he is on the ground bleeding out and mortally wounded they get some extra jollies by pummeling him with bean bags all the while shouting the police version of "allah ahkbar".

Good shoot.

The last thing we want in America is someone sleeping in a remote area.

The good thing about videos like this is every single day the American public gets more educated about police and more fed up with them. Soon a man is going to open fire back at these goons and there will be a trial.

The jury will have years of watching thousands of these videos......and the verdict is......NOT GUILTY.

Wowsers. This is scary and only encourages my suspicions of the state's agents.

This is 2nd degree murder caught on tape.....and the chief says it's justified? Really?
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Well, that had to be the most heroic thing I've seen all week.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    Well, that had to be the most heroic thing I've seen all week.
    If they were concealing they would have shot him quicker.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    If they were concealing they would have shot him quicker.
    I wonder... if they were unarmed, would they have beat him to death? Or maybe had their dog chew him to death?

We're not in Kansas anymore. They knew it was being filmed and they didn't care. They're like, "what's the problem?" Goes to show you the general institutional attitude toward us mundanes.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    I wonder... if they were unarmed, would they have beat him to death? Or maybe had their dog chew him to death?
    See these fists? They are gonna.....
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    They knew it was being filmed and they didn't care. They're like, "what's the problem?" Goes to show you the general institutional attitude toward us mundanes.
    Good point. I am hearing more and more from cops that they actually don't mind being filmed anymore because they know they wont be punished for anything that happens.

How many killings have we seen by police now that are caught on video and nothing happens ?

America is still a country that worships police. However, things are changing and everytime I put out a video of police it changes a new generations attitudes towards them

Soon we will reach a day when the public will treat police the same as everyone else.

where are the resident cop posters ? primus ? wolf ? I would love to hear their take on this video.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    We're not in Kansas anymore. They knew it was being filmed and they didn't care. They're like, "what's the problem?" Goes to show you the general institutional attitude toward us mundanes.
    Hate to think what they do when cameras are not running..

"...unarmed K9 officer..." You just can't make this stuff up.....unarmed.....too funny.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

My first question:

Why didnt they just bean bag the guy a couple times and call it a day?

My second question:

How many officers does it take to calmly tell a guy that he cant camp there?

My third question:

Who owns the land he is camping on?

Quote Originally Posted by 45 Fan View Post
    My first question:

My second question:

My third question:

Who owns the land he is camping on?
    All good questions. But, this is a case of those cops paraphrasing "stop resisting" from a distance, nothing more and nothing less. There is no know advocate for the dead so this will fade quickly from the public's mind.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    "...unarmed K9 officer..." You just can't make this stuff up.....unarmed.....too funny.
    Well, they do have four legs. Har har.

Quote Originally Posted by 45 Fan View Post
    My first question:

Where's the fun in that? This way, you get to shoot him and you still get to beanbag him anyway. Win/win.

My second question:

All of them.

Well, they do have four legs. Har har.
    Brandishing teeth.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Brandishing teeth.

Brandishing does not involve physical contact.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

http://krqe.com/2014/03/24/apd-chief...poke-too-soon/

ALBUQUERQUE (KRQE) – Albuquerque Mayor R.J. Berry said his new police chief spoke too soon in declaring the shooting of a homeless camper justified and said he has sent this case to the feds to look at as part of the Department of Justice investigation.

Albuquerque Police Chief Gorden Eden responded to the mayor’s criticism and answered more questions about the police shooting caught on tape that has caused an uproar.

Chief Eden said he regrets calling the shooting of a homeless camper in the Foothills justified before the investigation is done.

http://krqe.com/2014/03/24/anti-apd-...s-controversy/
    ALBUQUERQUE (KRQE) – In the Duke City, the three letters APD typically stands for Albuquerque Police Department.

But a new shirt being sold online that uses those letters in a very different way is stirring controversy.

This weekend, the Albuquerque Clothing Company started selling a white t-shirt with the letters APD riddled with bullet holes.

Below it are the words ‘Another Person Dead’, a sharp dig at APD’s history of police shootings.

Although the company’s CEO and shirt designer Gregg McPhedrain says it was spurred by APD’s recent shooting of James Boyd, the idea had been in the works for years.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

This is the reason why we are supposed to be organized into militias.

Quote Originally Posted by tomrkba View Post
    This is the reason why we are supposed to be organized into militias.
    or, when someone shoots and a cop and you are on the jury just say "not guilty"

Quote Originally Posted by onus View Post
    or, when someone shoots and a cop and you are on the jury just say "not guilty"
    Yeah, at this point, I would buy a lot of self-defense claims when the deceased is a cop. Things have become so twisted that justifiable self-defense may take on twisted forms.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post

Brandishing does not involve physical contact.
    Also do not entail just a showing either .... that dog looks like my mother in law !

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast