• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Go camping is hazardous to your health

Kopis

You see six or more LEOs in the video all armed with AR15s. It seems a little excessive considering there is just one crazy homeless guy. He's camping in the middle of nowhere, why were they even bothering him?

reminds me of the incident in dallas TX i believe? Two LEOs responded to a mental health hospital for a man that only had one arm and one leg, one officer walked up and shot the guy in the head point blank after he claimed the mentally ill man cornered his partner and threatened him with a pen! justified shooting of course. i mean, what able bodied man would be capable of restraining a man missing 2/4 limbs??

jegoodin

http://krqe.com/2014/03/21/apd-officer-involved-shooting-was-justified/

Chief Eden called the shooting justified at the news conference, saying officers used non-lethal force first and that there was a direct threat made at an unarmed K9 officer. According to Chief Eden, Boyd was less than eight feet from the unarmed canine officer.

I don't see the shooting as justified ... does anyone?

They are heros... Executed a dangerous criminal for the capital offense of camping without a permit.

onus

This is awesome. I love it when good HD quality video with audio comes out to show exactly how police work.

Lets see...... police tell a man to pack up his stuff and start walking down so the man packs up his stuff and appears to start to walk down but the police throw a stun grenade at him anyway and then open fire with multiple assault rifles. Then when he is on the ground bleeding out and mortally wounded they get some extra jollies by pummeling him with bean bags all the while shouting the police version of "allah ahkbar".

Good shoot.

The last thing we want in America is someone sleeping in a remote area.

The good thing about videos like this is every single day the American public gets more educated about police and more fed up with them. Soon a man is going to open fire back at these goons and there will be a trial.

The jury will have years of watching thousands of these videos......and the verdict is......NOT GUILTY.

77zach

Wowsers. This is scary and only encourages my suspicions of the state's agents.

This is 2nd degree murder caught on tape.....and the chief says it's justified? Really?

77zach

We're not in Kansas anymore. They knew it was being filmed and they didn't care. They're like, "what's the problem?" Goes to show you the general institutional attitude toward us mundanes.

onus

They knew it was being filmed and they didn't care. They're like, "what's the problem?" Goes to show you the general institutional attitude toward us mundanes.

Good point. I am hearing more and more from cops that they actually don't mind being filmed anymore because they know they wont be punished for anything that happens.

How many killings have we seen by police now that are caught on video and nothing happens ?

America is still a country that worships police. However, things are changing and everytime I put out a video of police it changes a new generations attitudes towards them

Soon we will reach a day when the public will treat police the same as everyone else.

onus

where are the resident cop posters ? primus ? wolf ? I would love to hear their take on this video.

davidmcbeth

Banned
We're not in Kansas anymore. They knew it was being filmed and they didn't care. They're like, "what's the problem?" Goes to show you the general institutional attitude toward us mundanes.

Hate to think what they do when cameras are not running..

45 Fan

My first question:

Why didnt they just bean bag the guy a couple times and call it a day?

My second question:

How many officers does it take to calmly tell a guy that he cant camp there?

My third question:

Who owns the land he is camping on?

OC for ME

My first question:

Why didnt they just bean bag the guy a couple times and call it a day?

My second question:

How many officers does it take to calmly tell a guy that he cant camp there?

My third question:

Who owns the land he is camping on?
All good questions. But, this is a case of those cops paraphrasing "stop resisting" from a distance, nothing more and nothing less. There is no know advocate for the dead so this will fade quickly from the public's mind.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
http://krqe.com/2014/03/24/apd-chief-says-he-spoke-too-soon/

ALBUQUERQUE (KRQE) – Albuquerque Mayor R.J. Berry said his new police chief spoke too soon in declaring the shooting of a homeless camper justified and said he has sent this case to the feds to look at as part of the Department of Justice investigation.

Albuquerque Police Chief Gorden Eden responded to the mayor’s criticism and answered more questions about the police shooting caught on tape that has caused an uproar.

Chief Eden said he regrets calling the shooting of a homeless camper in the Foothills justified before the investigation is done.

http://krqe.com/2014/03/24/anti-apd-shirt-stirs-controversy/
ALBUQUERQUE (KRQE) – In the Duke City, the three letters APD typically stands for Albuquerque Police Department.

But a new shirt being sold online that uses those letters in a very different way is stirring controversy.

This weekend, the Albuquerque Clothing Company started selling a white t-shirt with the letters APD riddled with bullet holes.

Below it are the words ‘Another Person Dead’, a sharp dig at APD’s history of police shootings.

Although the company’s CEO and shirt designer Gregg McPhedrain says it was spurred by APD’s recent shooting of James Boyd, the idea had been in the works for years.