Thread: $$ for IT Support for gun registration efforts - confisgation coming?

Banned

$$ for IT Support for DESPP efforts - reason being questioned

http://www.raisinghale.com/2014/03/2...tration-syste/

The State Bond Commission is scheduled to vote Friday on $2.6 million in information technology upgrades at three state agencies, including a “special licensing and weapons registration system.” - See more at: http://www.raisinghale.com/2014/03/2....jbLbWmjb.dpuf

http://www.ct.gov/opm/lib/opm/Agenda_Mar28_2014.pdf

Agenda above ^^^ and below section from

Department of Emergency Services
    and Public
    Protection

Special licensing and weapons
    registration system
    This project will upgrade current information systems which provide
    background checks for firearm permits and gun sale authorizations. The new system willincorporate e-government (online self-
    service) capabilities and will allow DESPP to properly
    manage increased volume of applications
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 03-25-2014 at 05:29 PM.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    confisgation ?

configures.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    confisgation ?

configures.
    I'm concerned about connecting the AW reg. to an easily searched database...ie SWAT teams used for calls regarding unwound video tapes being returned...

So.....what are CT citizens going to do about this travesty? What can they do?
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pine tree.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	83.7 KB 
ID:	11415
    ~ ENCLAVE vmc ~
    The Enclave is looking for patriotic motorcycle riders in Washington State who support liberty and freedom for all. ~ Check us out!
    ~
    * " To be swayed neither by the opponent nor by his sword is the essence of swordsmanship." - Miyamoto Musashi.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    So.....what are CT citizens going to do about this travesty? What can they do?
    well, I don't see that they posted their agenda on our SOS website as required by CGS Sec. 1-225 .... so I'll file a complaint and ask that the vote be null and void.

Others should too ! (but they won't)

Well, yesterday the state computers were down for hours preventing anyone from purchasing a gun. I waited around for about 1.5 hrs before giving up and leaving empty handed. Perhaps a few dollars to keep their stuff running isn't a bad thing.

Banned

filed complaint -- to Freedom of information commission - anyone else?

Ref: Complaint of open meeting violation of State Bond Commission Meeting of 3-28-14
    AND
    Request for priority assignment of case

Dear FIC,

This complaint is in respect to the State Bond Commission, a state agency born of CGS Sec. 3-20, contact information of:

Address:
    State Bond Commission
    450 Capitol Avenue
    Hartford, CT 06106-1379, USA
    Telephone
    General Information: 860-418-6200
    Toll Free: (Within Connecticut): 1-800-286-2214
    TDD: (Telecommunications Device for the Deaf): 860-418-6456
    FAX: 860-418-6487
    Chairman: Governor Malloy

The Bond Commission held a meeting on 3-28-14, first page of the meeting minutes attached, without posting notice of the meeting on the Connecticut Secretary of State’s Website as required by CGS Sec. 1-225.

This is a violation of the Act and relief should include the finding of violations of the Act and a null and voiding of the votes taken at the 3-28-14 meeting.

Since this Bond Commission authorizes bonds to be issued, as noted in the meeting minutes, the FIC should hear this case on a priority basis as the bonds would be issued if heard in a non-expedited manner. Millions of dollars are at stake.