• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Camp Lejeune

Matthew J. Willis

Coming back to NC to help daughter move into housing.
Does anyone know if the regulation is still in trunk, separate from ammo?

Thanks in advance.
R/
Matt
(Glad to be back on the forum!)

325rto

I don't know about Camp Lajeune, but driving on Ft. Bragg, weapon and ammo had to be transported in separate areas. i.e. weapon in trunk, ammo in the back seat. I would imagine Lajeune must have a website that you could check the provost marshals instructions pertaining to weapons on post.

Chap

This is all I could find on google. I'd call and ask someone at the Provost Marshall Office.

http://www.lejeune.marines.mil/OfficesStaff/MarineCorpsPolice.aspx

Weapons Registration, Check In/Out, Background Checks for Military/Civilian Personnel aboard the Installation and for Hiring Officials on the Installation (Background checks only apply to iolations on the Installation).

How do I register my weapon(s) on base?

-Report to Bldg 30 with completed weapons registration form.

The above appears to be for people working or living on base. Doesn't seem to address the day visitor to the base.

At least the Provost Marshall Office controls the firearms in base it should easily have the answer for visitors.

-Contact PMO Desk Sgt at 451-2557

Chap

Matthew J. Willis

I finally had a moment to look it up. It is the same. Gun in trunk or locked case or locked glove compartment if no trunk. Ammo separate. The reference section is B 5500 1.g

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk