• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How to Understand Georgia's 'Guns Everywhere' Law: Four Blunt Points

Kopis

I'm concerned because her 1911 isn't cocked and locked! Nice Kimber though.

0325_georgia_guns_b_970-630x420.jpg

Last edited:

HPmatt

Glad to see the point was made that the GA law does not permit churches to become bars - but that they are treated equally.

When the author gets into not wanting to worship where there are guns, he fails to cite all of the church/synagogue based murders - because the congregations were unarmed.

Last edited:

Skeptic

Founder's Club Member
When the author gets into not wanting to worship where there are guns, he fails to cite all of the church/synagogue based murders - because the congregations were unarmed.

Yeah seriously. I would prefer to worship where there arent people who want the government to shoot anyone who dares to own a gun, but in church my focus is sort of more on God and the doctrine than what the other people think or do. And I would seriously prefer to to be able to defend my family if there were an issue like with the other congregations.

I almost have to wonder if these anti gunners are against people being allowed to defend themselves because they have thoughts of going on a killing spree themselves. As if there is some right to kill your fellow churchgoers. Surely it could not be that, but some of these anti gunners are so unhinged, like I said, I almost have to wonder.

Last edited:

Fallschirjmäger

1. The Newtown school massacre (12/2012) led to “guns everywhere.”
That's odd as the gentleman at the signing ceremony said they had been working on it for three and a half years. I guess we can now be assured that time travel is real.

2. Georgia illustrates the NRA’s structural advantage on gun control.
Again rather odd as the NRA wasn't even in attendance at the signing event whereas GeorgiaCarry.Org and GeorgiaPacking.Org were overwhelmingly represented.

3. Skeptics of expansive gun rights need to respond intelligently

Yeah, and the same advice would apply to those who believe the earth if flat, too.

4. The best response to gun-rights extremism is a focus on fighting crime.

Well, gawrsh, that's just what Governor Nathan Deal said this bill would do. Somehow, I suspect that allowing more places where law-abiding citizens are allowed to protect themselves from crime will be more effective than increasing the number of places where the law-abiding citizen is prohibited from protecting themselves.

I was there among the crowd, many of whom were openly carrying. As the opening speaker said, "I don't think I've ever been in a safer place in Georgia."