• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SB613 - and Representative Diehl

dkangel

I edited this post as I found out new information that indicates representative Diehl is not at fault for the bill not being brought the floor.

Last edited:

OC for ME

E-mail(s) sent.
Can we pressure him with removal next election cycle?
If he is delaying, his motive is irrelevant, he is in effect killing the bill.
If he ain't smart enough to know this then he needs to go.
Intolerable.
When will this dude be term limited?

Oramac

E-mail(s) sent.
Can we pressure him with removal next election cycle?
If he is delaying, his motive is irrelevant, he is in effect killing the bill.
If he ain't smart enough to know this then he needs to go.
Intolerable.
When will this dude be term limited?

+1

JEStucker

Posting the reply from Greg Jeffrey over at MoCarry, where Dkangel posted the exact same comment/statement...

"dkangel,

I met with Sen Nieves before the recess. I met with Rep Funderburk during the recess and in his office again on Monday.

There are some issues within the bill that are being worked and the bill was not ready to be brought to the floor as of yesterday afternoon. These issues are being worked and coordinated with the House and Senate sponsors.

Calling Rep Diehl at this point may be counterproductive.

I suggest everyone stand down and request they do not call... at this time.. We don't want to inadvertently cause confusion and we need to LET the sponsors work.

IF I hear from them that they need our phone call assistance... You will most definitely read about it here.
"

So please, until our people pushing this bill through need the assist, lets not rock the boat and force matters. There are some minor things being reworked and hammered out (not sure on the details) but it is proceeding.

OC for ME

treadmill.gif

Oramac

Posting the reply from Greg Jeffrey over at MoCarry, where Dkangel posted the exact same comment/statement...

"dkangel,

I met with Sen Nieves before the recess. I met with Rep Funderburk during the recess and in his office again on Monday.

There are some issues within the bill that are being worked and the bill was not ready to be brought to the floor as of yesterday afternoon. These issues are being worked and coordinated with the House and Senate sponsors.

Calling Rep Diehl at this point may be counterproductive.

I suggest everyone stand down and request they do not call... at this time.. We don't want to inadvertently cause confusion and we need to LET the sponsors work.

IF I hear from them that they need our phone call assistance... You will most definitely read about it here.
"

So please, until our people pushing this bill through need the assist, lets not rock the boat and force matters. There are some minor things being reworked and hammered out (not sure on the details) but it is proceeding.

On the one hand, I get it. On the other, why the hell weren't those "issues" ironed out with the rewrite from last years bill? Or, what are the issues? Smells fishy to me.

HP995

Kansas City's mayor and police chief denounced SB 613 during their red herring public relations campaign after the Zoo incident. (I nailed it predicting they would focus on guns, but I was surprised they went after 613. They are in full distraction redirection exploit-the-crisis mode.)

I hope the "issues being worked out" are not related to pressure from people like that.

But if it's just improving the bill, that's great. Keep us posted, the suspense has been incredible! Last minute changes also add to the suspense wondering what we will end up with. At least it's still on track, that's good news.

Redbaron007

On the one hand, I get it. On the other, why the hell weren't those "issues" ironed out with the rewrite from last years bill? Or, what are the issues? Smells fishy to me.

The rumors (and that they are) I'm hearing as to your question of "Why?"; there maybe some house members who voted for it last year that are catching some heat in their district (don't know specifics) and they are trying to tweak some areas for them, plus more Dems may be wanting to vote for it, you know 'bi-partisan', in hopes of having the gubbinor sign it, instead of a veto and playing the games again in Sept.

It's all politics as usually. I hope they don't let it fall through the cracks! :mad:

Oramac

The rumors (and that they are) I'm hearing as to your question of "Why?"; there maybe some house members who voted for it last year that are catching some heat in their district (don't know specifics) and they are trying to tweak some areas for them, plus more Dems may be wanting to vote for it, you know 'bi-partisan', in hopes of having the gubbinor sign it, instead of a veto and playing the games again in Sept.

It's all politics as usually. I hope they don't let it fall through the cracks! :mad:

I guess tweaking it to get Nixon to sign it would be nice, as long as they don't gut the Bill to do it. What can we do to make damn sure it doesn't fall through the cracks?!?

Redbaron007

I guess tweaking it to get Nixon to sign it would be nice, as long as they don't gut the Bill to do it. What can we do to make damn sure it doesn't fall through the cracks?!?

This is the $64k question! The not so direct answer was similar to what JESucker posted via dkangel. Not sure I like it, but I'm going to give some leeway to them; for now. :confused:

kcgunfan

It has been replaced with HB1439. That has passed both the House and Senate, but the Senate made a few small changes, so it's up for 3rd reading Monday in the House. I expect it to pass without much debate.

So where does this bill stand today?

dkangel

It has been replaced with HB1439. That has passed both the House and Senate, but the Senate made a few small changes, so it's up for 3rd reading Monday in the House. I expect it to pass without much debate.

Did not pass. The house and senate couldn't come to an agreement so now they are in committee trying to work out the differences. Not sure what will happen but this really sucks.

kcgunfan

I suspect we're still OK, the House member's reasoning was pretty specious. Once that is exposed, I expect it to sail through.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

OC for ME

You, Sir, are a tower of optimism.

I, on the other hand, am weak of mind where confidence in our elected representatives is concerned. Hopefully I will be proved wrong, and you correct. I am a "bettin man", but I will not wager on this bunch.

Redbaron007

You, Sir, are a tower of optimism.

I, on the other hand, am weak of mind where confidence in our elected representatives is concerned. Hopefully I will be proved wrong, and you correct. I am a "bettin man", but I will not wager on this bunch.

That's politics! Unfortunately.....:rolleyes:

kcgunfan

I listened to the debate. The case made was very very weak. If I were a pessimist, I would say they were out to kill it, and would have done so if the Rep had talked about his favorite dog. But, especially after passing SJR36, I think they're giving it a fair shake.