Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cool tool for Kidnapping victims

Cool tool for Kidnapping victims

http://coverthandcuffkey.com/

This device is to be used only in accordance with local, state, and federal laws.

It is intended to counteract hostage detainment, kidnapping, and other forms of illegal restraint.

Something to think about for those who have been kidnapped before or whom might be kidnapped.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

One teensie, tiny problem with it....
    It only works with someone who's either not familiar with handcuffs or hasn't spent any time in custodial custody. Modern hand cuffing technique is to do it 'palms forward (outward) and with the keyhole up'. You could hand someone a full size handcuff key and only the most agile and adroit expert could manage to uncuff himself.

What the store shows; palms together, keyhole down. No one familiar with handcuffs will be doing this.
    Last edited by Fallschirmjäger; 03-26-2014 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallschirmjäger View Post
    With modern cuffing techniques you could be given a full size handcuff key and only the most agile and adroit expert could manage to uncuff himself. The modern palms in, key up technique does wonders for reducing the ability to access the keyhole.
    That is why you should train, train, train. Find someone you trust to lock you up and practice getting out.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Pity they want $10 for it. I've seen almost this exact same thing (only difference being the one I've seen has two small holes in the key in order to sew it on like a button) for less than half that. On the bright side at least this site sells to everyone and not just military/security professionals/LE. For those that qualify (yes, yes, make your comments about the "privileged few" that I'm sure some people will make) the site for it is below. You will have to verify who you are before being able to buy it and a few other items.

http://serepick.com/products/index.html

...custodial custody.
    Is that, like, when cops assign the janitor to watch you?

The only bad guys that use handcuffs are wearing badges, don't think that counts as kidnapping. Duct tape is the restraint device of choice for kidnappers. I suggest a dose of lead poisoning is what potential kidnap victims should carry instead, and a small pocket knife to cut the duct tape if too squeamish for carrying a gun.

Of course taping one of these keys to your arse might be a good idea if you do not trust your playmate with handcuffs.
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 03-26-2014 at 11:17 AM.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

It only works with someone who's either not familiar with handcuffs or hasn't spent any time in custodial custody. Modern hand cuffing technique is to do it 'palms forward (outward) and with the keyhole up'. You could hand someone a full size handcuff key and only the most agile and adroit expert could manage to uncuff himself.

What the store shows; palms together, keyhole down. No one familiar with handcuffs will be doing this.
    The chain ones still aren't overly hard to escape from because of the range of motion they allow you to have. The bigger issue is if they're hinged given how you can't rotate your arms/wrists in them. One can also shim them open, but some cuffs use a multiple teeth design (as in, there's multiple layered plates making up the internal teeth and you have to catch all layers to shim it open) to try and prevent this.

Though as pointed out, pretty much only those with badges have handcuffs. Some type of small cutting tool (knife, specialty razor, etc) would be better for standard criminal restraints.

Quote Originally Posted by Aknazer View Post
    The chain ones still aren't overly hard to escape from because of the range of motion they allow you to have. The bigger issue is if they're hinged given how you can't rotate your arms/wrists in them. One can also shim them open, but some cuffs use a multiple teeth design (as in, there's multiple layered plates making up the internal teeth and you have to catch all layers to shim it open) to try and prevent this.

Though as pointed out, pretty much only those with badges have handcuffs. Some type of small cutting tool (knife, specialty razor, etc) would be better for standard criminal restraints.
    Hinged cuffs HURT.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    Hinged cuffs HURT.
    Lol :-)

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    Lol :-)

Proof cops are sadists!
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    Is that, like, when cops assign the janitor to watch you?
    Other than janitors don't kill people and provide a great public service is there a difference?

"Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Proof cops are sadists!
    Yea I was surprised he posted that. I thought about responding but he would just claim we are picking on him again.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Yea I was surprised he posted that. I thought about responding but he would just claim we are picking on him again.
    lol, yessir. I the same thought process.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    Hinged cuffs HURT.
    I have cuffed more people than I have been cuffed.

I have cuff keys with me ... never had to use them. Except to release people that I have cuffed.

(no not for sexual pleasure reasons you gutter minds )

I've had my S&W cuffs for years..even just pulling them out makes people think twice about their behavior.

Proof cops are sadists!
    Negative my friend. I do not represent anyone else but me myself and I. If I happen to find it funny that he said thing cuffs hurt (they do) then that's just my opinion.

No different then saying contractors are all pro 2a. Or all contractors are anti government (or to a degree at least) etc. Etc. Etc.

But I think you may have been joking since you also put a smiley face. Not sure others got the jokes from all the upsettedness (made up word) going on.

"The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    I have cuffed more people than I have been cuffed.

I have cuff keys with me ... never had to use them. Except to release people that I have cuffed.

(no not for sexual pleasure reasons you gutter minds )

I've had my S&W cuffs for years..even just pulling them out makes people think twice about their behavior.
    Sounds illegal to me
    Advocate freedom please

Negative my friend. I do not represent anyone else but me myself and I. If I happen to find it funny that he said thing cuffs hurt (they do) then that's just my opinion.

No different then saying contractors are all pro 2a. Or all contractors are anti government (or to a degree at least) etc. Etc. Etc.

But I think you may have been joking since you also put a smiley face. Not sure others got the jokes from all the upsettedness (made up word) going on.

A semi joke.

Whether people want to believe it or not a certain type of personality becomes a certain type of cop. Your words showed you fit into the stereotype, while at the same time you want to deny the stereotype.

And yes many contractors are against an overbearing intrusive government. Stereotypes are not always wrong even if they don't necessarily reflect every individual.

A semi joke.

Whether people want to believe it or not a certain type of personality becomes a certain type of cop. Your words showed you fit into the stereotype, while at the same time you want to deny the stereotype.

And yes many contractors are against an overbearing intrusive government. Stereotypes are not always wrong even if they don't necessarily reflect every individual.
    Yup. I for one was only half-serious. But at the same time, if the shoe fits...

Methinks the lady doth protest too much.

Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    Yup. I for one was only half-serious. But at the same time, if the shoe fits...

Methinks the lady doth protest too much.
    +1 His reply only confirmed the post.

+1 His reply only confirmed the post.
    His post only confirmed the feeling I had from the beginning, that police work for him is a power rush thang. IOW having power to make others submissive to his perceived authority. I was surprised to see him admit a sadistic side as well. While not all police are like this, some become, or want to become police for this reason.

The problem with LE today is that those with that mentality are not only accepted but patted on the back.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

His post only confirmed the feeling I had from the beginning, that police work for him is a power rush thang. IOW having power to make others submissive to his perceived authority. I was surprised to see him admit a sadistic side as well. While not all police are like this, some become, or want to become police for this reason.

The problem with LE today is that those with that mentality are not only accepted but patted on the back.

+1

A semi joke.

Oh well. Think what you want. Its irrelevant either way.

I attempted to be civil and explain it was a joke. Can't have any of that now....

The best part of the joke is I don't even carry hinge cuffs.

Having hinged handcuffs...on my belt atm...and having handcuffed myself before with them, they arent as hard as people think to get out of.

It just takes PRACTICE. And seeing as I like the sound my cuffs make...i have gotten quite a bit...

and they dont hurt...enough to make me learn my lesson...

Oh well. Think what you want. Its irrelevant either way.

I attempted to be civil and explain it was a joke. Can't have any of that now....

The best part of the joke is I don't even carry hinge cuffs.

Are you feeling picked on again?
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Are you feeling picked on again?
    He explained it was a joke to him, and that is supposed to make us feel better?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast