• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cool tool for Kidnapping victims

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fallschirjmäger

One teensie, tiny problem with it....
It only works with someone who's either not familiar with handcuffs or hasn't spent any time in custodial custody. Modern hand cuffing technique is to do it 'palms forward (outward) and with the keyhole up'. You could hand someone a full size handcuff key and only the most agile and adroit expert could manage to uncuff himself.

What the store shows; palms together, keyhole down. No one familiar with handcuffs will be doing this.
tihk_sequence_watermark_580x387_large.gif

Last edited:

Freedom1Man

With modern cuffing techniques you could be given a full size handcuff key and only the most agile and adroit expert could manage to uncuff himself. The modern palms in, key up technique does wonders for reducing the ability to access the keyhole.

That is why you should train, train, train. Find someone you trust to lock you up and practice getting out.

Aknazer

Pity they want $10 for it. I've seen almost this exact same thing (only difference being the one I've seen has two small holes in the key in order to sew it on like a button) for less than half that. On the bright side at least this site sells to everyone and not just military/security professionals/LE. For those that qualify (yes, yes, make your comments about the "privileged few" that I'm sure some people will make) the site for it is below. You will have to verify who you are before being able to buy it and a few other items.

http://serepick.com/products/index.html

WalkingWolf

The only bad guys that use handcuffs are wearing badges, don't think that counts as kidnapping. Duct tape is the restraint device of choice for kidnappers. I suggest a dose of lead poisoning is what potential kidnap victims should carry instead, and a small pocket knife to cut the duct tape if too squeamish for carrying a gun.

Of course taping one of these keys to your arse might be a good idea if you do not trust your playmate with handcuffs.

Last edited:

Aknazer

It only works with someone who's either not familiar with handcuffs or hasn't spent any time in custodial custody. Modern hand cuffing technique is to do it 'palms forward (outward) and with the keyhole up'. You could hand someone a full size handcuff key and only the most agile and adroit expert could manage to uncuff himself.

What the store shows; palms together, keyhole down. No one familiar with handcuffs will be doing this.

The chain ones still aren't overly hard to escape from because of the range of motion they allow you to have. The bigger issue is if they're hinged given how you can't rotate your arms/wrists in them. One can also shim them open, but some cuffs use a multiple teeth design (as in, there's multiple layered plates making up the internal teeth and you have to catch all layers to shim it open) to try and prevent this.

Though as pointed out, pretty much only those with badges have handcuffs. Some type of small cutting tool (knife, specialty razor, etc) would be better for standard criminal restraints.

Freedom1Man

The chain ones still aren't overly hard to escape from because of the range of motion they allow you to have. The bigger issue is if they're hinged given how you can't rotate your arms/wrists in them. One can also shim them open, but some cuffs use a multiple teeth design (as in, there's multiple layered plates making up the internal teeth and you have to catch all layers to shim it open) to try and prevent this.

Though as pointed out, pretty much only those with badges have handcuffs. Some type of small cutting tool (knife, specialty razor, etc) would be better for standard criminal restraints.

Hinged cuffs HURT.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Hinged cuffs HURT.

I have cuffed more people than I have been cuffed.

I have cuff keys with me ... never had to use them. Except to release people that I have cuffed.

(no not for sexual pleasure reasons you gutter minds :D:D)

I've had my S&W cuffs for years..even just pulling them out makes people think twice about their behavior.

Primus

Proof cops are sadists! :p

Negative my friend. I do not represent anyone else but me myself and I. If I happen to find it funny that he said thing cuffs hurt (they do) then that's just my opinion.

No different then saying contractors are all pro 2a. Or all contractors are anti government (or to a degree at least) etc. Etc. Etc.

But I think you may have been joking since you also put a smiley face. Not sure others got the jokes from all the upsettedness (made up word) going on.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

stealthyeliminator

I have cuffed more people than I have been cuffed.

I have cuff keys with me ... never had to use them. Except to release people that I have cuffed.

(no not for sexual pleasure reasons you gutter minds :D:D)

I've had my S&W cuffs for years..even just pulling them out makes people think twice about their behavior.

Sounds illegal to me :eek:

sudden valley gunner

Negative my friend. I do not represent anyone else but me myself and I. If I happen to find it funny that he said thing cuffs hurt (they do) then that's just my opinion.

No different then saying contractors are all pro 2a. Or all contractors are anti government (or to a degree at least) etc. Etc. Etc.

But I think you may have been joking since you also put a smiley face. Not sure others got the jokes from all the upsettedness (made up word) going on.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

A semi joke.

Whether people want to believe it or not a certain type of personality becomes a certain type of cop. Your words showed you fit into the stereotype, while at the same time you want to deny the stereotype.

And yes many contractors are against an overbearing intrusive government. Stereotypes are not always wrong even if they don't necessarily reflect every individual.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
A semi joke.

Whether people want to believe it or not a certain type of personality becomes a certain type of cop. Your words showed you fit into the stereotype, while at the same time you want to deny the stereotype.

And yes many contractors are against an overbearing intrusive government. Stereotypes are not always wrong even if they don't necessarily reflect every individual.

Yup. I for one was only half-serious. But at the same time, if the shoe fits...

Methinks the lady doth protest too much.

WalkingWolf

+1 His reply only confirmed the post.

His post only confirmed the feeling I had from the beginning, that police work for him is a power rush thang. IOW having power to make others submissive to his perceived authority. I was surprised to see him admit a sadistic side as well. While not all police are like this, some become, or want to become police for this reason.

The problem with LE today is that those with that mentality are not only accepted but patted on the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.