• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cool tool for Kidnapping victims

Status
Not open for further replies.

sudden valley gunner

His post only confirmed the feeling I had from the beginning, that police work for him is a power rush thang. IOW having power to make others submissive to his perceived authority. I was surprised to see him admit a sadistic side as well. While not all police are like this, some become, or want to become police for this reason.

The problem with LE today is that those with that mentality are not only accepted but patted on the back.

+1

Primus

A semi joke.

Whether people want to believe it or not a certain type of personality becomes a certain type of cop. Your words showed you fit into the stereotype, while at the same time you want to deny the stereotype.

And yes many contractors are against an overbearing intrusive government. Stereotypes are not always wrong even if they don't necessarily reflect every individual.

His post only confirmed the feeling I had from the beginning, that police work for him is a power rush thang. IOW having power to make others submissive to his perceived authority. I was surprised to see him admit a sadistic side as well. While not all police are like this, some become, or want to become police for this reason.

The problem with LE today is that those with that mentality are not only accepted but patted on the back.

Oh well. Think what you want. Its irrelevant either way.

I attempted to be civil and explain it was a joke. Can't have any of that now....

The best part of the joke is I don't even carry hinge cuffs. :p

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

45 Fan

Having hinged handcuffs...on my belt atm...and having handcuffed myself before with them, they arent as hard as people think to get out of.

It just takes PRACTICE. And seeing as I like the sound my cuffs make...i have gotten quite a bit...

:( and they dont hurt...enough to make me learn my lesson...

WalkingWolf

Oh well. Think what you want. Its irrelevant either way.

I attempted to be civil and explain it was a joke. Can't have any of that now....

The best part of the joke is I don't even carry hinge cuffs. :p

Are you feeling picked on again? :uhoh:

Primus

Lol :)

Proof cops are sadists! :p

He explained it was a joke to him, and that is supposed to make us feel better?

Hmm... I was letting it drop but I guess nothing better on the forum then this right now. I expected better from you since you are better then this. But so be it.

My first post was laughing and a smile face. How much cleared can I make that a joke? Second, you NIR anyone else have any idea WHAT I was I laughing about. Was it that he was in pain? Was it that I've felt the same pain and agree? Was it that that he's even been in them and complained they hurt? You have no idea. And really it doesn't even matter.

Your response "proof cops are sadists" with a SMILE FACE. led me to believe you were joking. I responded directly and stated I thought as much. You responded it was a "half joking". So I make a joke.... you make a half joke..... and now we are spending 10 posts on this. Makes sense.

I really don't care if or what makes you "feel better" about it. If you or anyone else can't take what was clearly a joke, then that's on you. And if you want to assign said feelings to a profession I partake in, again so be it. Those are your fallacies to make.

Again, didn't expect that svg. You usually offer much better material and contributions and tend not to stoop.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
So I make a joke.... you make a half joke..... and now we are spending 10 posts on this. Makes sense.

Sure, when a party has tissue-paper-thin skin.

You're a cop, Primus. At least half your job consists of committing aggression on behalf of the state. If you can't handle criticism, I have precisely zero sympathy for you. Get a different job if you want folks to respect & like you. Or hang out with PALO and he can teach you to see the world through his rose-tinted glasses.

sudden valley gunner

You're a cop, Primus. At least half your job consists of committing aggression on behalf of the state. If you can't handle criticism, I have precisely zero sympathy for you. Get a different job if you want folks to respect & like you. Or hang out with PALO and he can teach you to see the world through his rose-tinted glasses.

+1

sudden valley gunner

Hmm... I was letting it drop but I guess nothing better on the forum then this right now. I expected better from you since you are better then this. But so be it.

My first post was laughing and a smile face. How much cleared can I make that a joke? Second, you NIR anyone else have any idea WHAT I was I laughing about. Was it that he was in pain? Was it that I've felt the same pain and agree? Was it that that he's even been in them and complained they hurt? You have no idea. And really it doesn't even matter.

Your response "proof cops are sadists" with a SMILE FACE. led me to believe you were joking. I responded directly and stated I thought as much. You responded it was a "half joking". So I make a joke.... you make a half joke..... and now we are spending 10 posts on this. Makes sense.

I really don't care if or what makes you "feel better" about it. If you or anyone else can't take what was clearly a joke, then that's on you. And if you want to assign said feelings to a profession I partake in, again so be it. Those are your fallacies to make.

Again, didn't expect that svg. You usually offer much better material and contributions and tend not to stoop.

You are complaining about the posts spent on this while continuing to post and try to rationalize away what you said?

I am not stooping, Freedom1man was not joking he was serious about cuffs hurting, and I have been in that situation, I have had cops cinch them up tight simply because they didn't like the fact I wasn't "cooperating" cop code word for not surrendering my rights, and I didn't fall for their common lies such as, "help us out we will help you", "it will be easier for you in court if you do" etc., there was no need for them to inflict pain, yet they seemed to get some perverse enjoyment out of it.

So you laugh at someones pain and then try to say it was just a joke? Who is it a joke to? My comment was 1/2 jest because not all cops are sadist I am sure a few don't laugh at others pain, you seem to get a kick out of it and fall into the category of the cops I just described. And please stop trying to now rationalize why you laughed if it was because you were in a similar situation you would have stated so.

WalkingWolf

As a LEO you can either be part of the community, or attempt to hold authority over them. Making jokes about someone's pain is in very poor taste and would indicate there is a level of sadism.

Primus

Thee wounds me greatly.

I might have missed it... but I didn't see the criticism part of any of these posts. Unless you call svg calling me a sadist (based on a joke) "criticism".

I happen to like my job my friend. And I get plenty of respect and meet plenty of people that like me just fine. I'm perfectly content with dudes on the internet disliking me based on a profession and/or what they think they "know" about me. I've been called worse things by better people. :D

stealthyeliminator

Thee wounds me greatly.

I might have missed it... but I didn't see the criticism part of any of these posts. Unless you call svg calling me a sadist (based on a joke) "criticism".

I happen to like my job my friend. And I get plenty of respect and meet plenty of people that like me just fine. I'm perfectly content with dudes on the internet disliking me based on a profession and/or what they think they "know" about me. I've been called worse things by better people. :D

....... Better people than them, think that you are worse than they do. And I'd presume those people actually know you in person. That's not good, Primus, not good at all.

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

Thee wounds me greatly.

Clarification I didn't call you a sadist, I used a generalization on purpose in a semi joke to let you hang yourself with your own noose, you rarely fail to disappoint.

Primus

Clarification I didn't call you a sadist, I used a generalization on purpose in a semi joke to let you hang yourself with your own noose, you rarely fail to disappoint.

"Used a generalization on purpose in a semi joke to let you hang yourself"

Yea we call that playing games.

So be it. I already made it clear I thought you were better then these games. I've been wrong before and I'll be wrong many more times. Maybe this is just off time of the month.

sudden valley gunner

"Used a generalization on purpose in a semi joke to let you hang yourself"

Yea we call that playing games.

So be it. I already made it clear I thought you were better then these games. I've been wrong before and I'll be wrong many more times. Maybe this is just off time of the month.

Why do you have your ma'i?

You did it to yourself, I pointed it out that's all.

PistolPackingMomma

Hinged cuffs HURT.

(snip) If I happen to find it funny that he said thing cuffs hurt (they do) then that's just my opinion.

tumblr_mwwml6rU5Z1rlgbkbo1_500.gif

(snip)

I attempted to be civil and explain it was a joke.

tumblr_m4yjw9fT2I1rq44n4.gif

(snipped from different thread)
There is no clear cut solution. I'm not advocating for a second that to just slam someone in a cell and they will be fixed. That's my point. Out current system doesn't work. But its a mere symptom of a larger itis. Grab bad guy put in jail does not equal fixed. Remotely.

(snip)
I happen to like my job my friend.

tumblr_mys44lej631ql0nl4o1_250.gif

wimwag

A certain officer would be wise to remember that his picture is his avatar and that, unless deleted, his smarmy "lol" is now a matter of public record.

There was an officer employed near here who found things like that funny. He was damn near untouchable and acted like a thug because he knew exactly how much he could get away with: all of it, just as he had been from day one. Then in November 2011, a very special set of laws went into effect and he very quickly retired and his house is now vacant. He learned the lesson that all LEOs need to be reminded of. Your existence is subject to the mood and will of the people. Push too hard and you will have your own battle on Blair Mountain.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia using Tapatalk and glitchy Windows 8

wimwag

You know primus, some day me and you should meet up for a friendly little wrestling match and see if you can get those cuffs on me. It will go viral, guaranteed. ;-)

Firearms Iinstuctor

You know primus, some day me and you should meet up for a friendly little wrestling match and see if you can get those cuffs on me. It will go viral, guaranteed. ;-)

There's a huge different in a friendly wrestling match to hand cuff some one. To taking a combative suspect into custody.

Friends don't get sprayed, tazered, or the other techniques used by LEOs to take combative suspects into custody.

Given the full set of tools that are normally carried by law enforcement and back up there is no reason to believe that someone wouldn't be had cuffed.

Status
Not open for further replies.