Results 1 to 22 of 22

Thread: should the US take Baja ?

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    idaho
    Posts
    760

    should the US take Baja ?

    Russia is taking Crimea and poised to take Ukraine.

    I think America should take Baja Mexico. It is a beautiful area and actually has fewer Mexicans than Los Angeles.

    In reality, Baja, and the Mexicans who live there, would be far better off if it was controlled and operate by America rather than Mexico.

    Mexico wouldn't stop us. No one in the world would stop us.

    There are no moral or legal arguments that the left in America could make opposing it.

    There are no moral or legal arguments that Mexicans or the Mexican government could make opposing it.

    My opinion is America should take Baja.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    460
    Quote Originally Posted by onus View Post
    Russia is taking Crimea and poised to take Ukraine.

    I think America should take Baja Mexico. It is a beautiful area and actually has fewer Mexicans than Los Angeles.

    In reality, Baja, and the Mexicans who live there, would be far better off if it was controlled and operate by America rather than Mexico.

    Mexico wouldn't stop us. No one in the world would stop us.

    There are no moral or legal arguments that the left in America could make opposing it.

    There are no moral or legal arguments that Mexicans or the Mexican government could make opposing it.

    My opinion is America should take Baja.
    Aw hell no...I like going there on the cheap.

  3. #3
    Regular Member Primus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,216
    Quote Originally Posted by onus View Post
    Russia is taking Crimea and poised to take Ukraine.

    I think America should take Baja Mexico. It is a beautiful area and actually has fewer Mexicans than Los Angeles.

    In reality, Baja, and the Mexicans who live there, would be far better off if it was controlled and operate by America rather than Mexico.

    Mexico wouldn't stop us. No one in the world would stop us.

    There are no moral or legal arguments that the left in America could make opposing it.

    There are no moral or legal arguments that Mexicans or the Mexican government could make opposing it.

    My opinion is America should take Baja.
    Head down there and get started.... we'll be right behind you I promise.

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    I think Putin called dibs already .. sorry ...

  5. #5
    Regular Member papa bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    mayberry, nc
    Posts
    2,258
    I have actually thought we should have annexed Mexico a long time ago. if it hadn't been for the bigots in Washington, we would have done it during the war
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

    "guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

    i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

  6. #6
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by primus View Post
    head down there and get started.... We'll be right behind you i promise.

    Sent from my xt907 using tapatalk
    lol......
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  7. #7
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    In your scenario, no.

    The only justifiable way to become a state of the union is to become a state first and then apply to be in the union.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    idaho
    Posts
    760
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    Head down there and get started.... we'll be right behind you I promise.

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    Hey, how come you haven't been commenting in all the recent cop shooting threads ?

    Anyway, I used to go down to Baja all the time. Seemed like I lived down there when I was younger.

    Nowadays in Southern California I really cant tell the difference between Baja and California. Just more expensive and more crowded in California

  9. #9
    Regular Member Primus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,216
    Quote Originally Posted by onus View Post
    Hey, how come you haven't been commenting in all the recent cop shooting threads ?

    Anyway, I used to go down to Baja all the time. Seemed like I lived down there when I was younger.

    Nowadays in Southern California I really cant tell the difference between Baja and California. Just more expensive and more crowded in California
    What's there to comment about? I would say "all the recent cop shooting threads" would be... well 1 thread last time I checked. The camping one. I saw you were upset and were attempting to drag me into the fray. Unfortunately i don't work for you and I'm not at your beck and call.






    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    idaho
    Posts
    760
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    What's there to comment about? I would say "all the recent cop shooting threads" would be... well 1 thread last time I checked. The camping one. I saw you were upset and were attempting to drag me into the fray. Unfortunately i don't work for you and I'm not at your beck and call.
    so what did you think of that camping shooting ?

  11. #11
    Regular Member Primus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,216
    Quote Originally Posted by onus View Post
    so what did you think of that camping shooting ?
    I think its off topic for this thread. We can discuss it in the thread already dedicated to it.

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

  12. #12
    Campaign Veteran marshaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia
    Posts
    11,487
    Quote Originally Posted by onus View Post
    Russia is taking Crimea and poised to take Ukraine.

    I think America should take Baja Mexico. It is a beautiful area and actually has fewer Mexicans than Los Angeles.

    In reality, Baja, and the Mexicans who live there, would be far better off if it was controlled and operate by America rather than Mexico.

    Mexico wouldn't stop us. No one in the world would stop us.

    There are no moral or legal arguments that the left in America could make opposing it.

    There are no moral or legal arguments that Mexicans or the Mexican government could make opposing it.

    My opinion is America should take Baja.
    no u move to mexico cuz u love illegals so much!!!!1

  13. #13
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,273
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    In your scenario, no.

    The only justifiable way to become a state of the union is to become a state first and then apply to be in the union.
    Uh, the Baja peninsula is two states already, two out of 31 states in Mexico, Baja California and Baja California Sur.

    Condition one: CHECK.
    Condition two: .....

    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

    "Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

  14. #14
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Uh, the Baja peninsula is two states already, two out of 31 states in Mexico, Baja California and Baja California Sur.

    Condition one: CHECK.
    Condition two: .....


    Good point, but are they sovereign states or just the modern twisted version created by Lincoln more like provinces.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  15. #15
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,273
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Good point, but are they sovereign states or just the modern twisted version created by Lincoln more like provinces.
    I don't know. They are referred to as federal states. I suspect they may be more along the lines of provinces, by another name, as you indicate. Just a guess though.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

    "Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    idaho
    Posts
    760
    Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    no u move to mexico cuz u love illegals so much!!!!1
    Mexicans in Mexico aren't illegal.

    If the US took Baja and made it America then the former Mexicans would be Americans and thus not illegal. Of course, we would give them the option of moving to mainland Mexico so they could retain their heritage and culture but I suspect the vast majority of Mexicans would rather live in America.

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    134

    think about what you are saying...................

    Quote Originally Posted by papa bear View Post
    I have actually thought we should have annexed Mexico a long time ago. if it hadn't been for the bigots in Washington, we would have done it during the war
    It's bad enough we already have millions of illegals getting welfare and food stamps. You want to put another big block of government dependents on the dole by annexing Mexico? Personally, I think we should cede California to Mexico and let them deal with all the problems that state has.
    Last edited by RK3369; 03-28-2014 at 02:55 PM.

  18. #18
    Regular Member Rusty Young Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Árida Zona
    Posts
    1,648
    Quote Originally Posted by RK3369 View Post
    It's bad enough we already have millions of illegals getting welfare and food stamps. You want to put another big block of government dependents on the dole by annexing Mexico? Personally, I think we should cede California to Mexico and let them deal with all the problems that state has.
    I've been waiting for a natural (or Lex Luthor-caused) earthquake that would send the PDR of Kalifornia into the Pacific ocean. It would mean saying goodbye to the people living in the north of the state, but as I tell my friends about the PDR of Kalifornia: "I'm willing to sacrifice the north to get rid of the south."

    BUT, if we could just give the south of the state to Mexico, let's keep the north. Then we don't sacrifice as many Freedom-loving individuals and patriots, but we no longer have to deal with all the statists.
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

    “Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

    "When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Young Man View Post
    I've been waiting for a natural (or Lex Luthor-caused) earthquake that would send the PDR of Kalifornia into the Pacific ocean. It would mean saying goodbye to the people living in the north of the state, but as I tell my friends about the PDR of Kalifornia: "I'm willing to sacrifice the north to get rid of the south."

    BUT, if we could just give the south of the state to Mexico, let's keep the north. Then we don't sacrifice as many Freedom-loving individuals and patriots, but we no longer have to deal with all the statists.
    Same with New England .... bye bye commies ... gurgle gurgle gurgle ...

  20. #20
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,277
    Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    no u move to mexico cuz u love illegals so much!!!!1
    He should go there illegally to get even...
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  21. #21
    Campaign Veteran marshaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia
    Posts
    11,487
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    He should go there illegally to get even...
    Oooh! Best idea in this thread so far.

  22. #22
    Regular Member Rusty Young Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Árida Zona
    Posts
    1,648
    Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    Oooh! Best idea in this thread so far.
    Even better than relieving ourselves of the southern part of the state while keeping the north?

    What if we waited til one of those statist-attracting events was going on in the south, and THEN gave that area to Mexico?
    Last edited by Rusty Young Man; 03-28-2014 at 05:59 PM.
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

    “Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

    "When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •