• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Two questions: concealed carry bags with shoulder straps:

mobiushky

I'm not trying to attack, but honestly I'm struggling to understand what you're looking for?

Are you talking like handbags and purses? OR do you mean backpacks?

Most handbag/purse type carry accessories are universal. Some are larger to fit larger frame handguns, but for the most part they are all universal holsters. As for the open carry part? I'm really bumfuzzled here. Why would you open carry a handgun on the outside of a bag that wasn't securely attached to you? How could you possibly draw effectively from a bag like that? Unless you have something specific in mind? Just my thoughts, but that seems like a cherry to be picked off in a gun grab.

mobiushky

Think like a VISM, U.S. Peacekeeper, Maxpedition Fat boy, or UTG, but with a belt loop in addition to the padded shoulder pouch.

Well at least with the Fat boy you could add the Maxpedition universal holster and get concealed carry. There are also some holster brands that make molle attachable holsters, so if you really want OC you could go that route. Get a bag with molle attach points and slap a holster to the outside.

http://www.safariland.com/DutyGear/duty/mls.aspx

But, and this is ONLY my opinion, putting a handgun on the outside of a bag is courting danger. It's too easy to set the bag down when you sit meaning you are not actively retaining the bag. It's an unstable platform to try to draw from and in the height of adrenaline would be tough to do. That might be why you are finding it difficult to find an OC version.

.45acp

A. Is there one four RIA 1911A1 G.I. .45 acp? B. Is there an open carry variant of these same bags? Thank you in advance.

http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/JUMBO-L-E-O-S-TYPE-VERSIPACK-127p1607.htm

I use one of these occasionally, carries a 5" 1911 and all the ammo you could want. For CC only though.

http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/NEATFREAK-ORGANIZER-185p58.htm
And I use one of these almost daily for work. Carries 5" 1911, 4 extra mags, light, multi tool, pair of gloves ect. Again only CC.

Good luck in your search.

Last edited: